Amazon Link - it's back - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2011, 03:42 PM   #1

Amazon Link - it's back

We'll looks like CA and Amazon settled their disagreement and Amazon re-instated the ad/revenue share.. So.. If you buy stuff from Amazon, please use the link in the upper right hand corner of the website.. We don't place ad's in posts so we basically rely on the Donation link, Escape Trailers Inc donation and this Amazon link to help defray the costs.. So go ahead and keep the economy going by using our Link

favorite quote: "Put the candle back"
JeffZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:17 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
Re: Amazon Link - it's back

Will do so, happily. Thanks, Jeff.
Bruce Wray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Re: Amazon Link - it's back

Good. I give Amazon far too much of my money so it will be good if some of it comes back here!

Eric

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 08:05 AM   #4

Trailer: 17
Good tool set to keep in your trailer on sale today free shipping, if interested.
Father's Day Idea: Amazon's Top-Selling Tool Set Includes 170 Pieces For $80, Today Only
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 08:33 AM   #5

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
gocamp - good tip. I've had a couple of those Crescent tool set to keep in vehicles. Decent (non-professional) quality tools in a fairly small sturdy case. Someone got one of mine when I traded in our Tacoma and left it tucked under the seat. As you say, today only apparently on the sale price

Here's the direct link to Amazon: Crescent Tool Kit

I looked on Amazon.ca and unfortunately the sale price is not shown there.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 06-10-2016, 01:23 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
That is almost the exact one I have in the trailer. Got it at home depot on the Christmas specials for about $39. HD may have those out for fathers day as well. It has been a nice kit for the road.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 03:26 PM   #7

Greg, decided to check - not on sale at HD unfortunately - $99.99 there. I picked up the smaller CTK128MPM set on sale at Menards for $49. Crescent and Stanley seem to make quite a few different sizes of those easily transportable and stored tool sets that seem to be comparable handyman quality. They make very useful additions to camping necessities.

Some day Mary is going to count the number of duplicated tools I have between sets in the garage, basement, greenhouse, both cars.......

Old 06-10-2016, 03:38 PM   #8

Trailer: 2014 5.0TA "The HAB"
Question for long time owners, is there much metric sized stuff in our trailers? I know there's lots of square head screws and such. But then again, most "US" cars/trucks have metric doodads here and there from manufacturing in Mexico and the French end of Canada (my "mise en garde" radiator fan)...
Tford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:20 PM   #9

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tford View Post
Question for long time owners, is there much metric sized stuff in our trailers? I know there's lots of square head screws and such. But then again, most "US" cars/trucks have metric doodads here and there from manufacturing in Mexico and the French end of Canada (my "mise en garde" radiator fan)...
"US" cars are largely (now perhaps entirely) metric, and it is unrelated to the assembly location. The sales location drives bilingual or multilingual labels, regardless of the measurement units. Nothing newly designed in the last three decades or so has been in inches, although some long-running components (such as engines originally from the 1950's still in production decades later) still had inch fasteners until they were redesigned, and there may be some left in use. This led to the annoyance of needed dual wrench sets to work on one vehicle; this was really bad in the 1990's, although I suppose that's pretty well gone now. I would be more certain if I had ever owned anything really "domestic" from this century, other than my motorhome chassis; others may have current examples to share. I had a U.S.-built 2004 Ford Focus, but that European design was always entirely metric.

On the other hand, the trailer industry is firmly entrenched in the 1960's (or earlier) in most ways, and all the trailer hardware I've seen uses inch fasteners; certainly the bolts holding the axles to the frame and the wheel studs and nuts, for instance, are inch-sized. Threaded battery terminal studs are still inch, too. Propane fittings have inch-sized hex sections and threads. The only place I can think of where metric wrenches would be needed might be in an appliance... could be anything inside those things.

The Robertson (square drive recess) bits are neither metric nor SAE (inch)... they're just a proprietary size defined by Robertson, so there is only one version.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:53 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
most important tool is the Torx red handle driver....
Old 06-10-2016, 06:20 PM   #11

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
most important tool is the Torx red handle driver....
I didn't know that there were a significant number of Torx fasteners in any RV, or that there was a colour code for Torx... or did you mean Robertson (in which a red handle indicates the very common size #2)?
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:36 PM   #12

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
my bad, yes the square head driver, not the hex head, thanks Brian.