Ambassadors - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2021, 06:23 PM   #1

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Ambassadors

This is for those looking around on this site wondering if they want an Escape but would like to see one in person before buying.

So, I reached out on Escape's website, filled out the form for each camper (19 and a 21C) to see in my area and Escape sent me their contact info. One was an email contact and the other a cell number.

WhamO BamO EZ PZ these two Ambassadors agreed that we could see their Escapes! One this Saturday and one this coming Monday.

A big THANK YOU to these Ambassadors!
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 07:08 PM   #2

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
This is for those looking around on this site wondering if they want an Escape but would like to see one in person before buying.

So, I reached out on Escape's website, filled out the form for each camper (19 and a 21C) to see in my area and Escape sent me their contact info. One was an email contact and the other a cell number.

WhamO BamO EZ PZ these two Ambassadors agreed that we could see their Escapes! One this Saturday and one this coming Monday.

A big THANK YOU to these Ambassadors!
Excellent! Ambassadors rock!
Old 07-08-2021, 11:51 AM   #3

Trailer: 2021 21NE F2
WillyB, We are in STL and have a 21NE we picked up in April if you want to see it. I'll send you a private message.
mfschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 02:38 PM   #4

Today we met with two ambassadors who were willing to show us their new 2021 Escapes. A 19 and a 21NE.

Funny thing, both units had front & rear dinettes and the white interiors.

We are now upset with these Ambassadors for convincing us to reach into our piggy banks and spend some hard earned cash on a new Escape. Most likely a 21NE.

A Big Thank You to Paul and Matt & Mary for making us feel at home and welcome while sharing your beautiful Escapes today.

PS: Matt & Mary, yes, we are going to steal some/most of your ideas!
Old 07-10-2021, 02:41 PM   #5

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
We are now upset with these Ambassadors for convincing us to reach into our piggy banks and spend some hard earned cash on a new Escape.

Not another happy Escape owner.
Old 07-10-2021, 02:51 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA 'Liberty'
The ambassador program is much more friendly and informative that any dealer high pressure salesman.
Recently one ambassador invited the looking couple to sleep in their 5.0 to experience any concerns they had in the sleeping arrangement. Way over the top but I am sure much appreciated.
As much as we might argue and pout on this forum, we are all still here so we and others can make the best use of our valued trailers.
HarleyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 05:33 PM   #7

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Today we met with two ambassadors who were willing to show us their new 2021 Escapes. A 19 and a 21NE.

Funny thing, both units had front & rear dinettes and the white interiors.
Very cool program anchored by very generous people. We’re about to set up an ambassador visit near us too.

WillyB, did your ambassadors address any concerns about initial quality or recent customer interface issues from their experience? What did you think about the white (Contemporary) interiors? Also, what did you think of the front and rear dinette set up? Could be a good idea.

Thanks.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 06:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
Very cool program anchored by very generous people. We’re about to set up an ambassador visit near us too.

WillyB, did your ambassadors address any concerns about initial quality or recent customer interface issues from their experience? What did you think about the white (Contemporary) interiors? Also, what did you think of the front and rear dinette set up? Could be a good idea.

Thanks.
Both Ambassadors have only used them coming back from Sumas this year where they picked them up each spending a while in them on the way home. No issues or concerns mentioned at all.

The 19 owner has the 11,000 BTU air condition and did say it a bit did not keep up with the hot Arizona heat (no shade & hot) on his way back. The 21 owner ordered theirs without AC but have added a Houghton unit that he installed himself "whisper quiet". They said they believe the 13,500 optional unit runs at a similar low decibel level.

Overall quality and fit/finish was very good. Much much better than I anticipated.

When looking at the white in online photos I hated it. No way I would even consider it until I put one foot inside. I was sold immediately. We are seeing another Ambassador on Monday who has a 2016 unit so it will most likely be Oak. This will help us confirm our choice. But I am totally hooked on White right now.

Dinettes front and rear are great!!! We will be going with this option for sure. If we hate it down the road we can always buy a mattress. The 21NE was ordered without the table bases mounted. We will probably go with the front u-shaped mounted on a Springfield based and the rear uninstalled.

We told the 21 owners that we were stealing all their great ideas.

We have looked at a ton of brands and I was very impressed.

Also, I thought the front box was a waste until I saw it in person.
Old 07-10-2021, 06:28 PM   #9

21NE with Front & Rear Dinettes
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3069.jpg   IMG_3070.jpg  
Old 07-10-2021, 07:18 PM   #10

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Thats a good looking trailer in contemporary. Thank you for the real world input on the AC system. I understand its not a long term test for sure, but at least these people know the short term results.
Old 07-10-2021, 07:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Great feedback. That was very helpful to us, and much appreciated. Thank you for responding. The pictured trailer looks amazing.

One more question, or two or three, if you don’t mind. I see you’re leaning toward the 21NE vice the 19 now. Is that because of the bigger interior space? Was there a clear difference between the two? Also, regarding their exterior size, did you feel there would be much difference in towing and maneuverability?

Sorry to be a bother, but we’re interested to hear your thoughts after seeing them in person. Thanks again.
Old 07-10-2021, 07:45 PM   #12

Trailer: 2022 21NE
Quote:
Wow yeah great looking trailer. Did the 21NE ambassador explain what their plans were for not having mounted tables? I see a 1/2 size table propped up in the picture so I'm guessing they got the table cut into 2 pieces so it could sit in the gap against the back wall during the day and then they put up for the bed at night? And for eating etc they have TV trays or something? I LOVE all that space that is opened up when you don't have mounted tables.

I think since we are getting the trailer for a family of 4 with 2 dogs (one of which is 100lbs) we will probably go with a long bench dinette with pedestal mounted table in back and lagun table mounted in u shape dinette up front. That way the lagun table can come completely out and be stored in the back of tow vehicle during the day if we find we want lots of room for the front "lounge".

Oh and you're now like the 4th person I've read say that they hesitated with the contemporary from pics and videos but love in person. I too hesitate from pictures because it kind of looks a little pink too me and worried it would feel cheap compared to the lovely maple. But too many people have given it the thumbs up so that's our top pick now too!

Thank you for your feedback! Cheers to a fellow future Escapee!
MichaelS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 08:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
Great feedback. That was very helpful to us, and much appreciated. Thank you for responding. The pictured trailer looks amazing.

One more question, or two or three, if you don’t mind. I see you’re leaning toward the 21NE vice the 19 now. Is that because of the bigger interior space? Was there a clear difference between the two? Also, regarding their exterior size, did you feel there would be much difference in towing and maneuverability?

Sorry to be a bother, but we’re interested to hear your thoughts after seeing them in person. Thanks again.
The 19 was very nice. I think my first comment after saying how much I liked the white was "wow, this is way bigger than I expected". I didn't even know the 19 was 4" narrower until after talking with the 21 ambassador.

A couple things why we are leaning towards the 21NE.
** The front dinette on the 21 is bigger and u-shaped. The 19 dinette isn't bad at all but the size of the u-shaped is nice. I think its something like 58" long vs 44". WI'm a skinny 5'-7" and the wife is 5'-1" but we have two Shitzus so they need a place to hang with us. Spoiled.
** The fridge is 6 cubic feet in the 21 vs 5 in the 19 but the freezer has its own door and is way bigger on the 21. Check out Escape's pictures on their site to compare.
** The space between the sink and the stove is a bit bigger on the 21. Nice space to prep or put a coffee maker. We're coffee addicts.

If I had to pick one main reason it would be the size and shape of the front dinette. I would be completely happy with either of them. Plus, I really don't think towing or maneuvering would be much different since they are both tandem axle units.

We were expecting to see a small fiberglass camper with the same low quality cheap "trailer" cabinetry and finishes you see in all the other campers. But..............we were fully impressed with Escape. So much so that we came home and placed a deposit.
Old 07-10-2021, 08:19 PM   #14

Quote:
We were expecting to see a small fiberglass camper with the same low quality cheap "trailer" cabinetry and finishes you see in all the other campers. But..............we were fully impressed with Escape. So much so that we came home and placed a deposit.
Congrats on making the deposit. We got in line this past March, and are currently slated for September 2022. Original date was in March 2023. Hoping future production revisions eventually slide us into late Spring or early Summer next year instead.

Thanks again for the insights from your tours.
Old 07-10-2021, 08:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS78 View Post
Wow yeah great looking trailer. Did the 21NE ambassador explain what their plans were for not having mounted tables? I see a 1/2 size table propped up in the picture so I'm guessing they got the table cut into 2 pieces so it could sit in the gap against the back wall during the day and then they put up for the bed at night? And for eating etc they have TV trays or something? I LOVE all that space that is opened up when you don't have mounted tables.

I think since we are getting the trailer for a family of 4 with 2 dogs (one of which is 100lbs) we will probably go with a long bench dinette with pedestal mounted table in back and lagun table mounted in u shape dinette up front. That way the lagun table can come completely out and be stored in the back of tow vehicle during the day if we find we want lots of room for the front "lounge".

Oh and you're now like the 4th person I've read say that they hesitated with the contemporary from pics and videos but love in person. I too hesitate from pictures because it kind of looks a little pink too me and worried it would feel cheap compared to the lovely maple. But too many people have given it the thumbs up so that's our top pick now too!

Thank you for your feedback! Cheers to a fellow future Escapee!
They did explain and it is genius. I am completely stealing this idea.

As you can see, they have three narrow sections. He actually cut the existing standard table himself and did all the edging work. Those three sections stack nicely as shown with the trim piece that would support to top when made down to a bed keeping them from sliding out. As I said, Genius.

He can then configure it anyway they want. With one down it becomes a little low table. With one down and the two small corner back cushions from the front dinette it becomes an ottoman. Then if you put one down, lay two of the small cushions down and then place another cut table on top you have a higher "coffee table" that's good height to work on a laptop.

I understand how colors can look on screens. In person the white is a white. Sort of an eggshell'ish white. But definitely not at all pink in any way.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3071.jpg   IMG_3078a.jpg  
Old 07-11-2021, 07:42 AM   #16

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Found a picture of a bunch of ambassadors meeting at the Sage Pub in Osoyoos.....
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2021, 08:21 PM   #17

The wife and I had the opportunity today to meet two great Ambassadors who were gracious enough to let us see their 21C.

To Tim & Karla: Thank You!

Hmmm, we have a tough choice. The 21NE or the 21C. Fortunately we have several months to decide.
Old 07-21-2021, 05:09 PM   #18

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
We live in south central Missouri and had a couple drive 4+ hours from Little Rock to view or trailer. We invited them to spend the night considering the distance and time that they spent traveling to see our 5.0. I spent a few hours showing them everything they wanted to know about our Escape.

Our only disappointment was that the wife had gone to the store that morning to purchase some Fava Beans in hopes that our guests would bring a nice Chianti.

Unfortunately, they gifted us with a new high quality American Flag made in the USA, a real class act. The flag now flies at our house. They also gifted us by purchasing a new 5.0.

We will be saving the beans to have with our next guests’ hopefully in the near future.
SkipperClyde is offline   Reply With Quote