Another price increase... - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2022, 01:04 PM   #41

Trailer: 2016 ESCAPE 21
Two year backlog. Price goes up to meet demand. I hate to point this out, but that is how capitalism works.
thumper-tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 07:54 PM   #42

Trailer: 1962 None
I bailed and asked for my deposit back because of these increases...

I bailed and asked for my deposit back because of these increases. I was really excited when I put the deposit down on a 21C on 12/31.2021. Now, the Escape is priced into a range with competition where it doesn't belong, one where immediate availability, better quality, better parts availability and better overall design it has to contend with, and also in competition with its own used market and that of Airstream. They blew it, and made it an easy decision to leave. And the delivery dates moving up over eight months proves others are bailing too, because there is no way production rate had that massive of an increase with all the staffing and parts shortages they proclaim. Too bad.
TPABrahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 08:19 PM   #43

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPABrahma View Post
Now, the Escape is priced into a range with competition where it doesn't belong, one where immediate availability, better quality, better parts availability and better overall design it has to contend with
This isn’t meant to be confrontational, but I’m curious to know what competition brand(s) you’re referring to here. Thanks.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 09:21 PM   #44

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Yeah, who is Escapes competition? I don’t think anyone matches Escape Quality, Value, and Longevity

After an hour on the Airstream Forums, I decided they were only marginally better than Forest River.

Ps, I have owned 7 trailers, most of which was leaky junk..
Doug2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 09:30 PM   #45

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Every time my wife and I go to a rally where a Bigfoot 25RQ owner is letting people look at their trailer, it's really tough not selling the Escape and buying one.
Old 05-07-2022, 09:37 PM   #46

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
Every time my wife and I go to a rally where a Bigfoot 25RQ owner is letting people look at their trailer, it's really tough not selling the Escape and buying one.
Impressive trailers, for sure. High price tag and width takes them off our list though. Price tag takes the equally impressive Olivers off our list as well.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 10:00 PM   #47

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Quote:

Ours is to be delivered in September.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 10:03 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
Impressive trailers, for sure. High price tag and width takes them off our list though. Price tag takes the equally impressive Olivers off our list as well.
It will be interesting to see the Escape 23 price when it gets released. Our camping style has gotten to the point where the interior room out weighs the other considerations. The price is high however Escape seems to be catching up. The price we paid for our 21 in 2017 is now 20,000 more. The 23 I suspect will be every bit as pricy as the Bigfoot 25. Now don't get me wrong, we loved our Escape 21and It was a great value when we bought it, had very little issues with it. We sold it to a nice couple for just a bit more than we had in it with the electrical upgrades and some other customizations, they got a great deal. They are still a decent value for the price, just not the great value they once were. This next trailer will be our last and I hope to hand it down to the kids.
Old 05-07-2022, 10:19 PM   #49

Trailer: 2021 Escape E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
Ours is to be delivered in September.
So ballpark, around $70K US.
MarkinVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 10:35 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinVan View Post
With every thing we wanted including a very price pro pride hitch 67. If we went with the equalizer it would have been around 64.
Old 05-07-2022, 10:54 PM   #51

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Around here we don't have to look very far to see reasons ETI might be raising prices. This past week our gas prices reached a high never seen before. Just about everything in distribution chains has had to raise prices.

Right now rapidly increasing prices are just a brutal fact of life.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 11:10 PM   #52
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Around here we don't have to look very far to see reasons ETI might be raising prices. This past week our gas prices reached a high never seen before. Just about everything in distribution chains has had to raise prices.

Right now rapidly increasing prices are just a brutal fact of life.

Ron
It's true that costs are going up dramatically for all kinds of things. But the price increases for an Escape over the last couple of years have far outstripped inflation. To me that means it's now just an OK value, when it used to be an outstanding value.
Old 05-08-2022, 05:33 AM   #53

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinVan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
With every thing we wanted including a very price pro pride hitch 67. If we went with the equalizer it would have been around 64.
Let's not pretend Bigfoor hasen't raised their prices too since you signed the contract for your trailer.

New 2022 Bigfoot Industries Bigfoot 2500 Series 25B25RQ MSRP:$86,826
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 06:23 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
It's true that costs are going up dramatically for all kinds of things. But the price increases for an Escape over the last couple of years have far outstripped inflation.
Glass Fiber Reinforced Plastic aka Fiberglass is a petroleum product.
Delivery trucks run on diesel.

Brent crude oil prices:
May 4, 2020: $27.20
May, 2 2022: $107.58

A 395% increase

Click image for larger version

Name:	Petroleum Prices 5-20 5-22.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	62626
Old 05-08-2022, 06:37 AM   #55

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I just hope I can afford the gas out and back to pick up my new E19 later this month!!
Old 05-08-2022, 07:30 AM   #56
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post

Brent crude oil prices:

A 395% increase

Attachment 62626
Respectfully, there's no one-to-one correlation between oil prices and the cost of a trailer, whether it's fiberglass or metal or whatever. And even in the example of fiberglass resin, there hasn't been a 395% increase. Even if there had been, there are numerous other parts to a trailer besides the shell.

I'd expect price increases over time as the cost for ALL component materials rises. The question is, do those prices increases reflect anywhere near the increased cost for all materials and components used.

Or as we say in Texas, Escape's gettin' awful proud of their trailers.
Old 05-08-2022, 08:13 AM   #57

Quote:
Respectfully, there's no one-to-one correlation between oil prices and the cost of a trailer, whether it's fiberglass or metal or whatever. And even in the example of fiberglass resin, there hasn't been a 395% increase. Even if there had been, there are numerous other parts to a trailer besides the shell.

I'd expect price increases over time as the cost for ALL component materials rises. The question is, do those prices increases reflect anywhere near the increased cost for all materials and components used.
You're correct it is not one to one. Escape's prices have not risen 395%. Escape's trailer prices have only risen a small fraction (about 1/16th) of that. Delivery which is much more directly linked to petroleum prices has only increased 1/6 of that.

Quote:
It's true that costs are going up dramatically for all kinds of things. But the price increases for an Escape over the last couple of years have far outstripped inflation.
Sorry, Escape's pricing isn't far outstripping inflation. I suspect their profit margin has remained pretty much the same, or maybe even slightly less as a percentage of the price.
Old 05-08-2022, 08:31 AM   #58

Trailer: 2022 E19
A year ago, we looked at a handful of stick built trailers locally. One was a Coleman Clipper - the type that has the pop up tent part in the back.
Basically a bed on wheels (that's how the salesman described it!)- the "stove" was a grill that attached on the outside, tiny bar fridge and a porta potty that slid under the bed.
Not much of a trailer but kind of interesting and priced at $17,000 (CAN$).
I saw the same trailer advertised in yesterday's newspaper "on sale" at $27,000. A 59% increase in 12 months.

It makes me think the Escape is still a pretty decent value. So I think you'll pay through the nose for any major purchase right now and each individual has to decide whether to buy now or wait in hopes that prices come down.
Once you reach a certain age waiting can be a risky strategy!
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 08:55 AM   #59

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post

Brent crude oil prices:

A 395% increase

Attachment 62626

Right, and I've been through a few of these high gas prices hikes, to not get sucked up into buying as big as maybe I would have liked to. If I hope to own my Escape for say 20 yrs?......
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 09:10 AM   #60

Quote:
It's true that costs are going up dramatically for all kinds of things. But the price increases for an Escape over the last couple of years have far outstripped inflation. To me that means it's now just an OK value, when it used to be an outstanding value.
Supply and Demand, I would raise prices too.
Doug2000 is offline   Reply With Quote