Anxious for Spring - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2019, 04:34 PM   #41

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Daffodils exploding, forsythia buds popping, rhubarb starting to take off and any day expect the asparagus to start pushing through. Almost time to bring Terrapin out of hibernation. Can't wait.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:13 PM   #42

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
As of this evening I am still in pretty rocky condition and unable to drive. If I am able to drive in the morning, we now find that a winter weather warning has popped up and the mountains in Oregon and Washington may have dicey conditions....sigh.

If I am still sick in the morning and we can't move on tomorrow it seems doubtful that we will make it to our orientation. Our inexpensive cell phones will not call Canadian numbers so I can't call ETI to find out what would happen in that case, have emails in to them but have not heard back yet.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:15 PM   #43

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Toll Free: 1-855-703-1650
Old 04-08-2019, 07:19 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Toll Free: 1-855-703-1650
Thanks, I forgot about that one.
davidmurphy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:27 PM   #45

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
I have felt your pain. Had "Montezuma's revenge"a couple of times when I used to travel to Mexico frequently. The first time it happened, it took a month to return to normal and I lost 10 pounds in the process. (Back then I could not afford to lose 10 pounds, but could easily now). Hope the rest of your trip goes well. As to spring travels, the family and I are traveling to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone in May. I went there in 2017 on the return trip from Chilliwack. Unfortunately while in Oregon, my son (an active reservist) received a phone call to come to his unit 'muy pronto'. So I had to put him and his girlfriend on a plane in Boise to return to Austin. I know she was very disappointed not to have visited Yellowstone. And so since I have some time to kill this May and June, I thought to myself and then told them "let's go."
James Gang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 07:00 PM   #46

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
As of this evening I am still in pretty rocky condition and unable to drive. If I am able to drive in the morning, we now find that a winter weather warning has popped up and the mountains in Oregon and Washington may have dicey conditions....sigh.

If I am still sick in the morning and we can't move on tomorrow it seems doubtful that we will make it to our orientation. Our inexpensive cell phones will not call Canadian numbers so I can't call ETI to find out what would happen in that case, have emails in to them but have not heard back yet.
Hi David, I have been thinking about you today and haven't seen an update. Hope you are doing better.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:14 PM   #47

Today things are looking up - I woke up feeling much better and we got a good day's drive in. We're in Baker City OR so should have no trouble getting to Chilliwack for our Friday orientation. Tonight I'll take Mary out for the birthday dinner she missed yesterday when I spent all day puking my guts out
Old 04-09-2019, 07:27 PM   #48

We stopped in Baker City on the way to Osoyoos and had a lovely lunch by the downtown park, really nice little quaint town. Glad you are feeling better and back on the road.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:40 PM   #49

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Glad to hear you're feeling better David. We're in a bit of a predicament ourselves although not as drastic as potentially missing an orientation. All the best plans made to get home after six weeks on Friday to see a granddaughter synchronize swim on Sat. in Winnipeg, but now that big storm Steve D. is talking about is in our way. What to do, sit here in mid Missouri, or try to move north but hit the storm? The same storm is heading to Thunder Bay from where our son's family are heading to Winnipeg so they might not get there anyway.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:45 PM   #50

Also wanted to mention that we heard from ETI and it wouldn't have been as big a deal as we feared to miss our orientation on Friday, they could have set us up with one on Monday or Tuesday.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:47 PM   #51

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
That takes the pressure off. Relieves the knot in the stomach.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:17 PM   #52

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Glad hear you are doing better, and that you will likely be in Chilliwack by Friday. If your schedule allows, you can have several days to recover at Lynden. It's a nice spot.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:00 AM   #53

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Dave glad to hear you are feeling better, hopeful the adrenaline for the new home on wheels will keep you going and the rest of the trip is trouble free.

I would hate to miss anything with a grandchild as well but better to be safe then sorry. Plus will admit technology is something I will always be trying to catch up too but today pretty easy to be there love without actually being there so hope one way or the other you can be there.

Be safe and enjoy the journey.

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:37 AM   #54

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Guess I need to stay on the southern course next month on the way to Chilliwack.
Just a temporary blip. I expect smooth sailing by next month even in northern Wisconsin where we will be doing our spring trip.
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:21 PM   #55

For those of you keeping score at home...we made it to North Bend just south of Seattle today. Blowing rain and snow, and heavy traffic, all the way over Snoqualmie Pass but other than being stressful driving it went well. We are pretty beat from repeated back to back long days of driving with one day off for puking, not our normal travel style and it has really worn us out. But we are safely ensconced in a motel now and will easily meander up to Chilliwack tomorrow, check in at ETI in the afternoon and be all set for our Friday pickup. We have planned a couple of nights at the KOA in Lynden to get all set up and rested up for the journey home - will sure be glad to be back in Austin with our 5.0TA in the driveway!
Old 04-10-2019, 08:27 PM   #56

Trailer: 505 5.0TA
Quote:
For those of you keeping score at home...we made it to North Bend just south of Seattle today. Blowing rain and snow, and heavy traffic, all the way over Snoqualmie Pass but other than being stressful driving it went well. We are pretty beat from repeated back to back long days of driving with one day off for puking, not our normal travel style and it has really worn us out. But we are safely ensconced in a motel now and will easily meander up to Chilliwack tomorrow, check in at ETI in the afternoon and be all set for our Friday pickup. We have planned a couple of nights at the KOA in Lynden to get all set up and rested up for the journey home - will sure be glad to be back in Austin with our 5.0TA in the driveway!

Glad to hear that you are recovered and resting from the travel. I'm sure the anticipation of pickup will return once you have your orientation if it has not already!
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:56 PM   #57

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Quote:
Well, the best laid plans....we are in Utah just south of Salt Lake City on our way to Chilliwack. Last night I seem to have contracted a severe case of food poisoning, up all night and in no shape to travel today.
An unfortunate coincidence-- on my way out to pick up my trailer in 2014 I also came down with food poisoning, also in Utah, but I was in Ogden. I had also built in an extra day for my trip and used it to go to the hospital, having no idea what was wrong with me. $750 after insurance.

Wishing you a full recovery. You'll love your trailer.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:01 AM   #58

Must be something in the air out west. On our first trip across the Rockies in 2014 in our E21,
I became ill and we had to spend a night at the Utah/Colorado border. I attributed it to altitude sickness and drank a lot of water, this caused intestinal distress and stopping at least 3 times for extra bathroom breaks. Maybe we all stopped at the same gas station and bought something? I was fine after 24 hours also.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:24 AM   #59

Trailer: TBD
Not to diminish your illness, but if only one person gets sick it is likely not food poisoning. However, that being said, without a stool sample and laboratory analysis it is just a guess. By all accounts, food poisoning is terrible for the patient. I've heard it described as "I feared I was going to die and then hoped I would to relieve the symptoms".
Old 04-11-2019, 11:36 AM   #60

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farther View Post
Not to diminish your illness, but if only one person gets sick it is likely not food poisoning. However, that being said, without a stool sample and laboratory analysis it is just a guess. By all accounts, food poisoning is terrible for the patient. I've heard it described as "I feared I was going to die and then hoped I would to relieve the symptoms".
You are correct. I forget the exact numbers, but in something like 90% of cases where folks think they are ill from something they ate, it is just likely a flu bug. I did have food poisoning once, and it is much worse than any flu, as the stomach cramps were out of this world.

On our recent trip the four of us spent most of a week with the flu. I was first, then my wife two days later, my brother the next day, and my sister in law last. We just spent it holed up alongside the water at Imperial Dam BLM. The weather was nice and we just took turns being sick and nursing each other. By the time the last were healing I was off hiking and biking on my own (well, with the dogs).
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote