Any Last Suggestions? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2022, 07:54 PM   #1

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Any Last Suggestions?

We're finally at the point to sign off on the build sheet for our 21C.

Any last suggestions?

We will be getting some of the more normal options like u-shaped dinette, lagun mount, solar, dual 6V, Quiet AC?, all additional windows and such.

But we're still up in the air if the gas/elec water heater is worth $190 and if adding the rear passenger side access is needed or not.

We are excited to finally be at this point after 10 1/2 months of waiting. Can't wait!
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:01 PM   #2

Trailer: 2022 21NE
If you plan to spend a lot of time camping with any electric hook ups, the electric water heater only pulls like 5 amps. Easy to keep A/C and electric water heater running on just a 20a circuit. Would suck to constantly have to run the propane to keep water hot, and if you like long showers you will want to run both electric and propane simultaneously to keep up with demand.
Crazypill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:05 PM   #3
MVA

Trailer: 2017 E19
I would order a front storage locker for sure.
MVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 09:34 PM   #4

Trailer: 2022 E19
Full height cab

Depending on your intended use:

The full height cabinet at drawer stack option is worth considering for longer trips, though I think you loose the option of the additional window there. Worth the trade off for me. The standard window beside the bed is large anyways........did you get the front window?

Front storage box for sure.

As stated - if using hookups a lot - electric H20 heater option.

Consider splitting the rear U dinette cushion(s) for ease of access to under that bench - (can't split the bench hatch with a lagun though - but lagun is worth it) though the seams in the cushions may be objectionable as 1 person is all that can really sit there.

Also I think that U bench will only be 18" deep - consider getting the extra depth for the rear bench (+4" ) and get the 4" cushions as well. Makes it more comfortable............

Rear passenger side under the dinette will be 1/3rd full of batteries as far as a hatch there goes.........

Additional F&R exterior lights with the additional switch for such?

EMS - get it - good insurance for lousy park wiring.......

Removable power cord - a must for me.

Depending on wife's height and if the "lift kit" was chosen - consider lowering the entry grab bar.
7Gentex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 09:36 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
If you are a Hookup kinda camper get the dual water heater. If not don't. It only takes 15 minutes to heat the 8 gallons on propane and we only do so when wanting a shower. For dishes we just heat some water on the stove.
Old 06-02-2022, 11:57 PM   #6

Trailer: 2022 21NE
Personally I don't feel the front box is a good value after the price increases on that option. I skipped it, and have plenty of storage available in the bed of the truck under a Bakflip MX4 folding hard cover. I may add an aftermarket metal box later, or potentially a mini split.

+1 on removable power cable! Must have, IMO.

Passenger side outdoor shower is excellent location, next to propane, 120v outdoor, under the awning, everything you need for a nice outdoor kitchen setup. Interior sink isn't so great to do dishes in. On that topic, a lot of folks here have a drop-in sink replacement they sent to Escape from Amazon that I wish I'd gotten.
Crazypill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 03:22 AM   #7

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Definitely get the dual water heater. Here in Canada propane is expensive and it's a hassle when you run out.

Definitely get the front storage box. It's not bear proof but I often throw my garbage in it and dirty items. I was going to get an aluminum box or build one. It wasn't a item I thought I needed but glad I got.

Definitely get the outdoor shower. We have never used it to shower but have used it to pre rinse dishes, do dishes outside, rinse shoes and feet and rinse the trailer. We were camping last spring and there was a moth infestation and there was moth stuff all over the awning. I'm glad we were able to rinse it off before rolling it up. This is my number one must have besides AC.

Items I didn't get that I wish I had. Extra USB outlets, solar prewire, and the built in surge protector.
Old 06-03-2022, 06:24 AM   #8

Thanks for the reminders on some of these.

Front Box (Y)
EMS (Y)
Outside Shower (Y)

The full height cabinet is a hard no for my wife. She "demands" all of the window. Plus, we chose the U-Shaped dinette because we have a very spoiled dog who requested his personal seating area.

For some reason I can buy an $800 storage box but somehow can't get over the extra $190 for an electric option on the hot water heater. Funny how that works.
Old 06-03-2022, 07:44 AM   #9

What about hitches?

I like the E2 Fastway but $700+ to have it setup makes me question just buying it myself and installing it when I pick up the trailer.
Old 06-03-2022, 08:07 AM   #10

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23 on order, 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Laramie
I passed on the Fastway hitch. Instead bought a Blue Ox SwayPro and installed it myself. Higher quality and function, in my view.
bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 08:45 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bborzell View Post
I passed on the Fastway hitch. Instead bought a Blue Ox SwayPro and installed it myself. Higher quality and function, in my view.
What, if any, complications did you run into when installing?
Old 06-03-2022, 08:56 AM   #12

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
Thanks for the reminders on some of these.

Front Box (Y)
EMS (Y)
Outside Shower (Y)

The full height cabinet is a hard no for my wife. She "demands" all of the window. Plus, we chose the U-Shaped dinette because we have a very spoiled dog who requested his personal seating area.

For some reason I can buy an $800 storage box but somehow can't get over the extra $190 for an electric option on the hot water heater. Funny how that works.
We went with the deep u-shaped dinette, and I was able to sit in one that wasn’t deep, and there is a nice difference on the deeper one.

I wish we had gotten the split cushions too, for easier access into the bench.

Last thing: the build sheet to contract process lacked on ours, things got missed. Review your contract and build sheet side by side carefully!
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 09:59 AM   #13

Here is where we are.

Still debating Hitch and Gas/Elec Water Heater
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2022 21C USD Options Sheet.pdf (352.9 KB, 21 views)
Old 06-03-2022, 10:07 AM   #14

Trailer: 21
Quote:
Here is where we are.

Still debating Hitch and Gas/Elec Water Heater
Do yourself a big favor n bite the bullet n get the gas/electric water heater. You’ll never regret it . Just saying
Old 06-03-2022, 10:30 AM   #15

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23 on order, 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Laramie
Quote:
What, if any, complications did you run into when installing?
If your drop/rise is correct, there are no particular complications on setting up the Blue Ox SwayPro other than the weight of the hitch itself. Just read the instructions regarding setting the chain link and watch a couple of YouTube install videos.You will need to practice proper lifting techniques for insertion and removal.

I have no regrets in buying the SwayPro. It inspires confidence in the stability of the connection between the TV and the camper.
bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 12:52 PM   #16

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
If it were a 19 or 21NE I would say get the Fastway E2 as the 19 is the most sway prone of any Escape due to lighter tongue weight.

With a 21C there is plenty of tongue weight due to the front bed and bathroom and storage underneath the front bed. We've been towing our 21C with the Pro Series WDH for 8 years and have never had any sway. The Pro Series is easy to set up and use and is less hassle due to no friction plates and other adjustment items that need attention over time.
Old 06-03-2022, 01:14 PM   #17

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazypill View Post
If you plan to spend a lot of time camping with any electric hook ups, the electric water heater only pulls like 5 amps.
The Suburban SW6DE used by Escape has a 1440W electric heating element which is 12 amps @ 120V.
Old 06-03-2022, 01:28 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
If it were a 19 or 21NE I would say get the Fastway E2 as the 19 is the most sway prone of any Escape due to lighter tongue weight.

With a 21C there is plenty of tongue weight due to the front bed and bathroom and storage underneath the front bed. We've been towing our 21C with the Pro Series WDH for 8 years and have never had any sway. The Pro Series is easy to set up and use and is less hassle due to no friction plates and other adjustment items that need attention over time.
Those use chains if I'm not mistaken?
Old 06-03-2022, 01:29 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post

Those use chains and a slide damper if I'm not mistaken?
Old 06-03-2022, 01:30 PM   #20

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bborzell View Post
I have only great things to say about the Equal-i-zer with 4 point sway control. Very well made and it tows rock solid. The Husky Centerline TS would be a more economical equivalent to the Equal-i-zer.
https://www.etrailer.com/Weight-Dist...EQ37061ET.html