Awning Mats - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2020, 06:19 PM   #21

Trailer: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
Bob,
We have the FabHabitat 5x8. Also a 6x15 Prest O Fit. Both are from Amazon and are similar. The 5x8 is much easier to handle and carry. It is also a lighter weight material but seems just as durable. I prefer the 5x8, still enough room under the awning for two chairs and a table.
You know you can put the table and chairs on top of the rug. I'd want at least an 8x10.
TX_Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:46 AM   #22

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
A rolled 5x8 rug will fit through the outside hatch of the Escape and store under the bed. The FabHabitat comes rolled in its own burlap bag. It is a tight fit so I doubt any larger size will work in a rolled format.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 09:07 AM   #23

Trailer: 2023 E19
I have been looking at mats for our soon to be delivered 17B. I cannot seem to find the dimensions of the awning. Could someone with a 17' Escape post the awning dimensions for me?
Thanks
Corgbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:14 AM   #24

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogndogz View Post
I have been looking at mats for our soon to be delivered 17B. I cannot seem to find the dimensions of the awning. Could someone with a 17' Escape post the awning dimensions for me?
Thanks
The Escape website lists a 10' awning option........
Old 10-15-2020, 03:35 PM   #25

Trailer: 2023 E19
Thanks Jim. I am assuming that Escape is referring to the dimension mounted to the trailer as being 10'. I would like to know what the extended length is as well. My goal is to find a mat that is close to the size of the fully extended manual awning.
I'm guessing that an 8'x10' would be a good choice.
Corgbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:54 PM   #26

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
They all extend 8-10 feet, 8' mat should be fine.....
Old 10-15-2020, 06:19 PM   #27

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
My 14 year old mat has fallen apart, need a new one. Had a 6x9 but I'm wondering if anyone found an awning mat that fits the 5.0TA awning size? My 2014 awning is 6'6" x 11', unknown what size the new ones are.

Best I can find is an 8x11 https://www.amazon.com/Mings-Mark-GA...001AWVP74?th=1 but can't say I'm crazy about the look of it.

I've never had one bigger then the awning.

What do you use and are you happy with it?
We use this one (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and have been happy with it. Reasonably durable and easy to clean.
cityofdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 03:02 PM   #28

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZBrown View Post
We like these better than the poly mats. they take up less space, and hold less dirt.
https://www.prestofit.com/PatioRugsM...AeroWeave.html

Problem is the 7 1/2 x 20 id the right width but twice a long as necessary, cut and hem, add grommets, and have a lifetime supply
The mat you showed is the one we bought. It was of course too long . Rita cut it to her preferred length (the inside length of our screen room) and rehemmed it. Then we gave the remainder of it to our daughter for her boler. This mat works well on grass and will not kill the grass out over a short period of time. However on dirt it will let dirt through. It does clean up nice though. We’ve had ours several years and it folds flat enough to put in a bag and store in our front storage access under the bed on the 21. We also have a couple woven mats that are smaller and depending on site logistics sometimes use one or both of them. Plus we won one at the rally which we gave away.
Iowa Dave
Old 02-27-2021, 08:27 AM   #29

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
What's the matter?

Hi: All... We've had our RV mat http://www.canadianrvmats.com through both of our 5.0's now!!! It was expensive I thought, but still going strong since 2008. Available at our local RV Dealer it's 8'X14' comes in a travel bag, and is the smallest size and folds small enough to pass thru the rear hatch into the trailer. It's made with grommets but I've never pegged it down and it always stays put. It won't float either... and gets a hosing off, dried, and put away after every trip!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
20190525_100045.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 09:30 AM   #30

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Mats

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: All... We've had our RV mat http://www.canadianrvmats.com through both of our 5.0's now!!! It was expensive I thought, but still going strong since 2008. Available at our local RV Dealer it's 8'X14' comes in a travel bag, and is the smallest size and folds small enough to pass thru the rear hatch into the trailer. It's made with grommets but I've never pegged it down and it always stays put. It won't float either... and gets a hosing off, dried, and put away after every trip!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Hi Alf
After we saw your mat at the Wine Escape in 2014 we bought one like it. Rita wanted the “big one” and it was about as long or longer than the 19. We used it that way for a couple years but it was really too long. When my daughter got the Boler we cut the mat down so it fit nicely inside our screen room. And the remnant worked great for her. We use it now on the 21 and I don’t think there’s a better mat out there. Ours is blue and white. I’ve never staked ours either.
There are some Campgrounds that don’t allow tight weave mats because “they kill the grass”
And that might be true if they were down for an extended period of time but I’ve had the camp host look at ours a few times and tell me I was ok when he saw the grass poke through. Not saying all would but some have.
I like it.
Iowa Dave