Baja 2020 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2019, 08:04 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Baja 2020

Thinking about a trip down to southern Baja right after the first of the year. We have a 21 Escape and would enjoy a companion Escape for at least the trip down. We plan on 6 to 7 weeks in Baja and have made this trip in our previous truck and camper 9 times but not recently. We are not looking for a "caravan" of followers just one. We do not follow a rigid schedule and will probably slow down when we reach Mulege or Sea of Cortez for some beach scene activities. We paddleboard and snorkel conditions permitting.
sprinkledavid@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:39 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
We'll be heading down at the end of the Q'site meet. Sounds like you're going earlier than that but if not, let me know.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 09:33 AM   #3

We have to be back in the USA by the end of Feb so leaving after the Quartzite rally would not work for us. If you do go, safe and enjoyable travels!
Old 11-27-2019, 11:47 AM   #4

Thanks, you too.

The only question marks for us are; what the condition of Mex. 5 will be and if the whale sharks will be at Coyote Beach. Looking on both counts so far.

Ron
Old 11-27-2019, 04:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Thanks, you too.

The only question marks for us are; what the condition of Mex. 5 will be and if the whale sharks will be at Coyote Beach. Looking on both counts so far.

Ron
My kids got back a few days ago from Conception.... the 5 was in very good shape other than a few mile section and some of the exits. Seems they have been working hard on it. They took the 1 down and across and took the 5 back. They said they would have taken the 5 both ways had they known how good the road was.
jeffrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:48 PM   #6

Yes, that's the same as the first hand reports that I've been getting for the last few weeks. Don't know what happened. The last few years the work pace dropped to a snails pace. Entire work camps with machines sitting idle. Then a couple of months an explosion of work with less than 4 1/2 miles of paving left to do.

My only hope is that a hurricane doesn't come ashore there as it did in 2018 and wipe out the freshly paved areas as it did then.

Ron
Old 12-21-2019, 12:17 PM   #7

Baja Mexico Jan depart

I ran this request earlier this year but it was responded by people who were waiting until after the Quartzite rally. Please, if you are interested in companion traveling with a 21 Escape for Jan and Feb, let me know. If waiting for the Q rally please do not. We are experienced Baja travelers. Thanks.