Border closure - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2021, 02:18 PM   #41
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Alright group, everyone calm down. This is sliding into political territory and we really don't want that here on the EscapeForum. Can we just talk about anything CURRENT to what's opening at the border(s), if anything...

Old 06-23-2021, 02:26 PM   #42

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post
Would be nice if our common northern border where as open as our southern.
———————————————————————————————————————

It was a great comment…
It is a odd double standard to say the least, but I suppose that too is the new norm.

You do know that Canada and Mexico are separate countries with their own laws don't you?
Old 06-23-2021, 02:38 PM   #43

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
You do know that Canada and Mexico are separate countries with their own laws don't you?
I was not aware of that. Are you certain?
Old 06-23-2021, 02:45 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
Well, I certainly understand why you would want to escape Texas for a better life in Canada.

I'm sure you could apply for asylim in Canada and have it seriously considered. Just point out that basic services like electricity aren't reliably available in Texas.
No thanks, too cold for me there. Love the summer there tho. The last 'asylim' i encountered was in Crystal River Fl. What's a Punta Gorda" ?
Old 06-23-2021, 02:59 PM   #45

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Alright group, everyone calm down. This is sliding into political territory and we really don't want that here on the EscapeForum. Can we just talk about anything CURRENT to what's opening at the border(s), if anything...

Not to be political Donna, but "currently" as was mentioned some posts back as of July 5th, the requirement to self-isolate in a government approved hotel is being done away with if you arrive in Canada by air. But our daughter, a US resident still cannot make the drive up here with her children since she's vaccinated, but her children 4 months to seven years of course are not so she doesn't have to quarantine whereas they must. She is most disappointed now being two years since she could visit her parents, brothers and families here. Even if they change this by August the children will begin school so the trip will be out even then.
Old 06-23-2021, 03:11 PM   #46
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Not to be political Donna, but "currently" as was mentioned some posts back as of July 5th, the requirement to self-isolate in a government approved hotel is being done away with if you arrive in Canada by air. But our daughter, a US resident still cannot make the drive up here with her children since she's vaccinated, but her children 4 months to seven years of course are not so she doesn't have to quarantine whereas they must. She is most disappointed now being two years since she could visit her parents, brothers and families here. Even if they change this by August the children will begin school so the trip will be out even then.
I understand your frustrations, truly. But there's nothing any of us can do to change the circumstances... except VOTE. That just leaves venting and that's often where the political bent comes in.
Old 06-23-2021, 03:26 PM   #47

Trailer: pending
silencing people from reasonable discussion is not helpful.
Sure we are frustrated. All comments have been civil and censoring discussion because it is uncomfortable is not the answer.
AND YES, the border closures are dear to our hearts. It IS THE REASON that I have not yet bought my f250 or MY Escape 5th wheel.
Old 06-23-2021, 03:30 PM   #48

Trailer: 2021 5.0
————————————————————————————————————————————— —-

Quote—-Kenneth, it’s not safe
Old 06-23-2021, 03:38 PM   #49

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Canadians not going to the US and vice versa is not the worst of it. Americans cannot travel to the US from the US. At least not if they live in Point Roberts, Washington, that tiny bit of the US that got inadvertently cut off from mainland BC. Currently there is a small passenger ferry 2x a week- that's it. No cars, no daily travel to or from Pt. Bob except for essential services. On the plus side- Pt. Bob has had one single case of Covid.

Pt. Roberts has offered to allow Canadians to come get excess vaccine. But it isn't considered an essential reason for travel.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...point-roberts/

https://www.nwnewsnetwork.org/intern...nt-roberts-usa
Old 06-23-2021, 03:46 PM   #50

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
So called distancing!!!

Hi: All... Hope!!!
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Old 06-23-2021, 03:59 PM   #51

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I sure do miss the first few years when this forum started, and discussions were about trailers and camping and there was a great fun community spirit. I agree completely with what Donna said. On the Facebook group this type of discussion is shut down, 'cause it always ends up with negative viewpoints and comments with political tones.

Now whiskey, there is a valid camping subject. [emoji16]
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-23-2021, 04:29 PM   #52

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
In my case it is related to camping. I'd be headed to Pt. Roberts Lighthouse campground for the 4th if I could, to escape the noise. And it is definitely related to trailers since it prevents us from picking up trailers in Canada.
Old 06-23-2021, 05:26 PM   #53

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post
Would be nice if our common northern border where as open as our southern.
———————————————————————————————————————

It was a great comment…
It is a odd double standard to say the least, but I suppose that too is the new norm.
Do you think the folks from Guatemala would keep on going until they starting seeing musk ox about the Arctic circle? Or stop before that?
Iowa Dave
Old 06-23-2021, 06:00 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Do you think the folks from Guatemala would keep on going until they starting seeing musk ox about the Arctic circle? Or stop before that?
Iowa Dave
They will stop here. Why go anywhere else when they will receive welfare, rent free housing, medical care and anything else they want at our tax payer expense.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:02 PM   #55

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerMan View Post
They will stop here. Why go anywhere else when they will receive welfare, rent free housing, medical care and anything else they want at our tax payer expense.
Yep- and that ain't political- just fact.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:18 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
I was watching the news last week and the illegal's were walking by our Border guys and laughing at them.

Can you imagine the Canadian Border folks just standing aside while the illegal's laughed at them and walked over? I would bet not and good for them.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:31 PM   #57

Trailer: 2021 5.0
I sure do miss the first few years when this forum started, and discussions were about trailers and camping and there was a great fun community spirit. I agree completely with what Donna said. On the Facebook group this type of discussion is shut down, 'cause it always ends up with negative viewpoints and comments with political tones.
—————————————————————————————————————————————-

It only becomes a problem on here if the politician “tones” don’t lean a certain way…

As soon as there is a diverse opinion, it then becomes a problem.

Personally I’m still down with the freedom thing, years ago various outlooks were discussed without the hate and belittling.

All sides can learn and grow this way.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:33 PM   #58

Trailer: pending
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post

Now whiskey, there is a valid camping subject. [emoji16]
and there you have it. Having had some bad family experiences revolving around alcohol, family members and myself for a while, I would much prefer heated arguments about politics than discussions about alcohol. Funny how that works eh! I have discovered though that when a topic veers in a direction that I either disagree with or I am simply not interested in, I move on, I do NOT attempt to shut them down. Then again that's just me I guess
Old 06-23-2021, 06:41 PM   #59

Quote:
My family has been on this land since before there was a Texas. We haven't felt the need to be armed as we moved about in the back country since my grandfathers time.

That is changing, not because of the illegal's but the Cartel people who lead them across and on from there. Totally ruthless people!
Old 06-23-2021, 06:43 PM   #60

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerMan View Post
Quote:
Fantasy, not fact.

Fact is illegal aliens aren't eligible for most if not all of that.

Yet, they still contribute billions in taxes.

Undocumented pay billions in taxes each year — and have been for 25 years
Closed Thread