Build sheet 19 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2016, 10:28 PM   #1

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Build sheet 19

Being pregnant from "Wallnut", our new baby, due date July 2016.
"Wallnut" will be a sun loving baby by having installed solar (front) and mostly operating by dual 6v batteries.
Her backpack will be carried in the front (storage box)
Her inside will operate simple: two burner stove (turned 90*), no rangehood, (but instead a max 7500), sink / stove switched, larger fridge. One extra 12v and one USB/12v both in kitchen area. Custom Formica, custom flooring, custom fabric (no valances). U-shaped dinette, round 32" table, front (two doors) closed cabinet, access door bench. Counter extension, 4 drawers and 1 cabinet.
Her wardrobe turns into a pantry with three shelves.
Our baby will be protected from whatever weather or road damage by extra insulation, thermal windows, spray foam, extra wheel well protection, as well as a surge protector.
Dishes, dirty feet, dirty paws can be cleaned outside ps.
Trying to keep her safe on the road, being seen by others, we ordered extra tail lights. And when, at the campground, we can't find our baby, she can turn on the led awning lights to guide us home. (and mom and dad get a switch installed by the door to turn on one inside light, so they don't stumble in the dark)
"Wallnut" would like to hear from you in case she is missing something, but is pretty sure that as long the sun is shining, she will be the perfect "baby"
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:42 PM   #2

Oops. Forgot to mention I also can look out the kitchen window, and can call my mom when it is open :-)
Old 01-24-2016, 08:35 AM   #3

And for cold mister winter: a T-valve. For the bathroom a shut off valve in case problems occur. Also the benches will be raised 2".
Old 01-24-2016, 03:18 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 "LollyPop" June 12, 2017, sold Coleman pop up
Sounds great! What is the front (two doors) closed cabinet? I have not heard of that. Also, what is your reasoning in switching the stove and sink positions? Just wondering what are the pros and cons to the positions? Last, what is done for the extra wheel well protection? I'm sure your plan is well thought out. Thanks!
casejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 09:23 PM   #5

Above the dinette there are closed cabinets on the sides, the front is open to store the posts from the table. The open one we will have closed as well with a cabinet door on the left and right. So cabinets will be all around in the dining area.
We switched the stove and sink, as well as the max fan. With the opening window above the counter and the maxx fan running, we will be able to cook without a fan, which we eliminated, as the draft from the window and the sucking from the maxx will do the job.
The wheel wells will get coated (don't know what they use) to protect the fibreglass from up spitting rocks.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:55 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
We switched the stove and sink, as well as the max fan. With the opening window above the counter and the maxx fan running, we will be able to cook without a fan, which we eliminated, as the draft from the window and the sucking from the maxx will do the job.
As fun as it is to make the trailer "your own", that's one mod I'd be very careful about doing. I've dealt with a lot of range hoods over the years. If they're doing their job they end up gunked up with the by-products of cooking.

So I think the question folks considering having the Max fan do the job of the range hood fan is: would you rather have the gunk concentrated just on a range hood fan or would you rather have it drawn upwards and coating the vinyl headliner and the Max fan?

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 10:00 PM   #7

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Ron,

Sounds like you cook Chorizo and eggs like us SWesterners.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 10:06 PM   #8

We will mostly use the barbecue outside for "greasy" food. The stove inside only for coffee, soup, etc. And might put a protective barrier underneath the cabinet above the stove if necessary.
Old 01-25-2016, 12:44 AM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post

Sounds like you cook Chorizo
Had to google Chorizo Nope, just plain old bacon and eggs for me.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 05:10 AM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
We also eliminated the range hood with no poor consequences. We cook with waterless cookware (always use a cover and low heat) and don't cook anything that spatters. Our range hood at home is never used, so we didn't feel a need for the range hood in the 19.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:23 AM   #11

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Nice trailer, sounds well thought out.

For several reasons we opted to skip the hood, we're good without. Welcome to the minority.

Would like to see a picture of the round table when you get one. Think I'd like to shrink mine down a little.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:18 AM   #12

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Sounds well thought out, but I too agree on the rangehood being important.

While we have in the past cooked primarily outside, and will likely do in the future, there are times we have been forced inside, and getting the steam and vapours out through a proper vent is important to us. Like Ron said, just see what there is for gunk on your filter after time, which is definitely something I would not want on our ceiling and ceiling fan.

At home we use our rangehood all the time, especially in winter, to evacuate moisture, which is their main purpose. Otherwise the condensation build up would be damaging to our windows. Same for our trailer, as we tend to be camping mostly in cooler temps.

Oh, and we eat chorizo sausage all the time, one of our staple breakfast foods. Bacon is nice too, but chorizo wins out for flavour.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:23 AM   #13

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Scrapple for for frozen mid-atlantic....
Attached Images

Old 01-25-2016, 07:35 AM   #14

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
After two seasons in the trailer I'm glad we switched the sink and stove, and there is no gunk problem on the Maxi Fan. However, all meat and splatter food is cooked outside except for the rare times when it is too miserable to go out. In fact, this has worked so well that now at home, except when it is too frigid to go out -- like now -- our meat is cooked outside. Grilling is new for us -- and Terry -- who has NEVER cooked -- has become a grill master. It makes cleanup so much easier!
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 06:37 PM   #15

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Mary's extra wheel protection stirred my interest so I email ETI about it . This was the answer.
"The Extra Wheel Well protection is available, called Linex (Rock Protection). It comes standard on the storage box, and also there are two standard pieces that can be snapped on to the front of the trailer, on the driver's side and the passenger side. The Linex is an additional charge of $300, and it is sprayed onto the wheel wells of your trailer.
Might be worth getting. We live in an area referred to as "the Marcellus shale bed"all of our back roads have a lot of small stones to get thrown up into the wheel wells.
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 06:48 PM   #16

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
I am not sure that we have heard of more than about one person getting the wheel wells done by Escape, if any. They probably have done a few that we have not heard about. We have only spent a few miles on gravel so just do not need it. I also like the wheel wells the way they are.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:09 PM   #17

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I believe once upon a time Reace was asked about the wheel well spray idea, or maybe it was the front of the 5.0's. His answer was why not wait till the gelcoat gets chipped up before spraying. It can be done at any Line-X shop.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:48 AM   #18

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
I am not sure that we have heard of more than about one person getting the wheel wells done by Escape, if any. They probably have done a few that we have not heard about. We have only spent a few miles on gravel so just do not need it. I also like the wheel wells the way they are.
And I think I remember someone posting that it was a bitch to clean as it was rough and all that. Not my idea of fun.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 01:34 PM   #19

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 "LollyPop" June 12, 2017, sold Coleman pop up
Marry, you also mention raising the dinette 2". Aren't they normally raised 3" or 4"? Why just 2", or am I wrong about that? How much can the dinette be raised? Thanks.
casejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 01:49 PM   #20

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
I asked about having the frame being sprayed in line-x prior to having the shell put on it, to protect it against rusting and was told no. I was bummed.
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote