Build Sheet Complete - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-31-2016, 12:00 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central, Pennsylvania
Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Posts: 26,268
Not really, but it would be helpful for other members, other than the owners.
__________________
Jim
Sometime life gets in the way of living.......
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:35 PM   #22
Site Team
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canyon Lake, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Posts: 10,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonny LR View Post
Is your flush mount cooktop same as the cooktop that Robert B recently upgraded in his trailer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by H46Driver View Post
Ours is a Suburban 2 burner drop in with a drop in flush cover glass cooktop.
I'm assuming they're installing the Suburban 2983A as in the first photo. Ours is a Dickinson Marine model as in the second photo. In either case, the useable counter space when not cooking should come in handy.
Attached Thumbnails
Suburban 2983A.jpg   20161002_185129.jpg  
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:57 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19' and 2016 GMC Yukon SLT SUV.
Posts: 504
Send a message via AIM to Tonny LR
Dave and Robert,
Thank you Dave for the clarification and Robert for the pics.

Tonny
Tonny LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:01 PM   #24
Member
 
curru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Shelburne, Vermont
Trailer: 2017 19'
Posts: 64
Another 19 is heading into production. I just signed my build sheet with only a few hours to spare before this evening's dead line.
I am really thankful for all the postings on various options that I had to consider. You all are a wonderful resource.
Now I'm gonna break out the champagne and celebrate!!
curru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 08:49 PM   #25
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by curru View Post
Another 19 is heading into production. I just signed my build sheet with only a few hours to spare before this evening's dead line.
I am really thankful for all the postings on various options that I had to consider. You all are a wonderful resource.
Now I'm gonna break out the champagne and celebrate!!
If you use up the bubbly option on the build sheet, what's left for pickup?
Ah yes, I know, Pappy's, if you can lay your hands on a bottle.

Walt
__________________
Walt
2017 Escape 17B
2013 Honda Ridgeline
Blacksburg, VA
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:12 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 15,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
If you use up the bubbly option on the build sheet, what's left for pickup?
Ah yes, I know, Pappy's, if you can lay your hands on a bottle.

Walt
Pappy's is a much better choice.

I have yet to try any, but Rich (Zardoz) mentioned it in the Rally thread, and either has to bring some or just not bother showing up.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:57 PM   #27
Site Team
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canyon Lake, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Posts: 10,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Pappy's is a much better choice.

I have yet to try any, but Rich (Zardoz) mentioned it in the Rally thread, and either has to bring some or just not bother showing up.
Pappy's 12 year is a quite excellent Bourbon, and it kinda reminds me of a fine Cognac. But the Family Reserve is the real gem. Never been able to lay my hands on a bottle. I hear they can fetch thousands - too rich for my blood.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:01 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 15,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Pappy's 12 year is a quite excellent Bourbon, and it kinda reminds me of a fine Cognac. But the Family Reserve is the real gem. Never been able to lay my hands on a bottle. I hear they can fetch thousands - too rich for my blood.
Yeah, I don't mind spending for a good bottle, but nothing like that. Santa brought me a nice Japanese blended whiskey, Nikka Whiskey From The Barrel. Nicely priced too.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:29 AM   #29
Site Team
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canyon Lake, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Posts: 10,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Santa brought me a nice Japanese blended whiskey, Nikka Whiskey From The Barrel. Nicely priced too.
Jim, I think we need to trade Santas. Yours has better taste.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:12 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Zardoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Marana, Arizona
Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Posts: 1,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Pappy's is a much better choice.

I have yet to try any, but Rich (Zardoz) mentioned it in the Rally thread, and either has to bring some or just not bother showing up.
Did I say I was coming to the rally? I just checked my calendar and I'm opting to have a root canal that day . Last time I asked a local liquor store about pricing a bottle of PVW, the owner said he was "allocated" a single bottle of 21 year old; his current high bid was $600 - and that was three years ago. When I lived in KY (before the warehouse robbery) you could get 23 year old for a little over a hundred.

Robert's mention of a 12-year old is the first I've heard of such a young version. Probably necessitated by the big price increases eliminating 99% of the purchasing market.
__________________
Rich & Mary
"Everything in moderation, including moderation."
- Oscar Wilde
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:21 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 15,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Did I say I was coming to the rally? I just checked my calendar and I'm opting to have a root canal that day . Last time I asked a local liquor store about pricing a bottle of PVW, the owner said he was "allocated" a single bottle of 21 year old; his current high bid was $600 - and that was three years ago. When I lived in KY (before the warehouse robbery) you could get 23 year old for a little over a hundred.

Robert's mention of a 12-year old is the first I've heard of such a young version. Probably necessitated by the big price increases eliminating 99% of the purchasing market.
Root canal? What a terrible way to shirk a responsibility, Rich.

But, no way in the world would I spend that kind of money on a bottle, no matter how good it is, when I am happy to enjoy stuff for 1/10 of the price, or less.

I have drank plenty of fantastic whiskies that were only 12 years old.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:49 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Zardoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Marana, Arizona
Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Posts: 1,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Root canal? What a terrible way to shirk a responsibility, Rich.

But, no way in the world would I spend that kind of money on a bottle, no matter how good it is, when I am happy to enjoy stuff for 1/10 of the price, or less.

I have drank plenty of fantastic whiskies that were only 12 years old.
Ok, I'll change my appointment (bullet dodged).

I'll bring something a little bit less pricey, but very good none the less.

I just Googled PVW, and saw an EMPTY bottle of 23 year old family reserve on a wood base with LED up lighting for $169! I've got that same bottle and the blue velvet bag it came in and I'll let them go for $150! Such a bargain ...
__________________
Rich & Mary
"Everything in moderation, including moderation."
- Oscar Wilde
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:52 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 15,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
I just Googled PVW, and saw an EMPTY bottle of 23 year old family reserve on a wood base with LED up lighting for $169! I've got that same bottle and the blue velvet bag it came in and I'll let them go for $150! Such a bargain ...
Stick a candle in it, and sell it on eBay.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2023 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.