Build Sheet questions: Down to the wire - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2019, 07:52 AM   #61

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by travdes View Post
I guess its also on the tire cover :-)

(snip)
Thanks for the awesome tip on the yoga mats!

Unless you remove the tire cover and give it to another Escape owner (waving at you PatandLinda!) and replace it with something else.

And you're welcome! I got 'em off Amazon for less than 20 bucks each. Two fit under the bed in the 21'. I used two for the dinette but will have to cut into a third one for the filler boards as there wasn't quite enough to cover those in one piece (as opposed to bits left over from trimming).
Attached Thumbnails
DSC00206.jpg  
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 10:30 AM   #62

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
Travades,
The jack tv antenna has a small push button switch located on the wallplate that acts as an a/b switch to switch between campground catv/sat dish tv and jack antenna ota stations. That same small button is also the on/off switch for the jack tv antenna electronics.
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 10:56 PM   #63

Trailer: Escape 21 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Unless you remove the tire cover and give it to another Escape owner (waving at you PatandLinda!) and replace it with something else.

And you're welcome! I got 'em off Amazon for less than 20 bucks each. Two fit under the bed in the 21'. I used two for the dinette but will have to cut into a third one for the filler boards as there wasn't quite enough to cover those in one piece (as opposed to bits left over from trimming).
I love your tire cover! Travdes (my husband) didn't seem to enthused when I suggested putting cartoon verisons of our dogs as decals on the back. Maybe I can convince him a tire cover instead! lol
DezPez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 05:49 AM   #64

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
I too have never heard of the Husky WDH, yes it has 5 star review but not many reviews. One of the reviews said this and not really sure what this means?

I’m sure this is a wonderful product but be aware that this does not fit 3” tall trailer frames. I did a lot of research before purchasing this product and did not find this out in any of the amazon or manufacturer sites. In fact the nearly identical manual on line even leaves out the very valuable bit of information that it only fits 4” to 8” tall

How do I know how tall my trailer frame is on a 2014 E21?

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:34 AM   #65

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratos175 View Post
I too have never heard of the Husky WDH, yes it has 5 star review but not many reviews. One of the reviews said this and not really sure what this means?

I’m sure this is a wonderful product but be aware that this does not fit 3” tall trailer frames. I did a lot of research before purchasing this product and did not find this out in any of the amazon or manufacturer sites. In fact the nearly identical manual on line even leaves out the very valuable bit of information that it only fits 4” to 8” tall

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
All Escapes have 4" frames........
Old 02-04-2019, 09:09 AM   #66

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Mine's 3", but I think that's only 5.0TA's.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:24 AM   #67
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Mine's 3", but I think that's only 5.0TA's.
Better measure Bob. I think ETI went wholly to 4" frames after the 19' frame recall. I know Ten Forward sits on a 4" frame, and it was only four 5.0TAs after yours.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:14 AM   #68

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratos175 View Post
The 21 has always and still does have a 4" frame. This is regardless of year or build generation (Classic vs. Gen2).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
All Escapes have 4" frames........
Depends on the year and model. Early 15's, 17's, and 19's had a 3" frame and current 5.0TA's have a 3" frame. Frame changes from 3" to 4" for certain models took place in 2014. This was a quote from Reace regarding the 3" frame recall: "For most of 2014, the 19' trailers were built with a 4" frame and about mid year the 15' and 17' trailers were also changed to a 4" frame. We have included all of the 2014 owners in this recall just to make sure we don't miss anyone."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Better measure Bob. I think ETI went wholly to 4" frames after the 19' frame recall. I know Ten Forward sits on a 4" frame, and it was only four 5.0TAs after yours.
There is some debate about early 5.0TA's, but current 5.0TA's are built on a 3" frame. Bob has said twice that his classic 5.0TA frame is 3" (in this tread and the thread below).

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f9...tml#post242453
Old 02-04-2019, 01:28 PM   #69

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
For once, I actually measured it before I typed it. It's possible the under carriage is 4" but I don't think so and I'm not digging it out to crawl in the snow and measure that part. I measured under the loft.
Old 02-04-2019, 01:36 PM   #70
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
For once, I actually measured it before I typed it. It's possible the under carriage is 4" but I don't think so and I'm not digging it out to crawl in the snow and measure that part. I measured under the loft.
Then I'm obviously wrong. But I thought I measured the last time this was discussed. My rememberer is getting weaker by the year though!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:19 AM   #71

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upfisk View Post

Where have you encountered no water dump stations? Our Escape only carries 28 gallons of fresh water, we sure would hate to lose even 5 gallons to cleaning out the dump hose.
We often get sites that only have water and power or no services at all. In those cases if we are there for several days, I have an 18 gal portable waste tank on wheels. So I will empty my tanks (one at a time) into the portable and bring it to the dump station in the truck bed rather than hooking up the trailer and all that. It is handy to have some hot water right there for minor clean up. We generally can go 4 or 5 days berfore emptying the tanks.
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:36 AM   #72

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by arniesea View Post
So I will empty my tanks (one at a time) into the portable and bring it to the dump station in the truck bed rather than hooking up the trailer and all that.

Sounds like it all depends. A spot I like to camp has no services and no dump site. It's a 35 minute drive into town ( and there is no way I could lift a portable tank anyway ).
I just leave my wife in her comfortable zero-gravity chair with a good book, hook up and drag the black, grey and fresh water tanks into town. Dump grey and black and fill the fresh water and resupply with beer ( to rinse the black tank ).
Old 02-05-2019, 11:07 AM   #73

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
arniesea.
Hello, what is the actual weight of a 18 gallons waste water tank?
I used a 10 gallon Blue Boy in the desert when my 17 footer would only hold 7 and a half gallons.
Finally gave up on it and hauled the trailer to town.( Holtville Hot Springs California).Ended up getting additional blackwater tank installed for a total capacity of 26 gallons and as a bonus a separate drain for gray water tank.Life got easier.Then on to the 21 and never looked back.Needless to say I am not that strong anymore.
Allan Bornestig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:42 AM   #74

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Front window option

Our 19 Escape had windows at both ends and afforded a great view in either direction. Our 21 has windows at both ends and also has a view at both ends and keeps natural light at its optimum. At night we sit up nicely with pillows against the window wall at the front and with no shelf our heads aren't hitting. On several nights in AZ the temperature dropped to 20 degrees F. We had closed the rock shield the night before and in the morning there was less condensation on the window than our other double panned windows. Why wouldn't you want the front window too...beats me..hmm?
sprinkledavid@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:09 PM   #75

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Front window with headboard mod

A headboard like this one we added might also be helpful for 21s with the shelf instead of the front window, but it has certainly made it impossible to lean against the window while reading, watching tv, or having breakfast (or just coffee) in bed. YMMV
Attached Thumbnails
Esc21_BedHeadConstruct.JPG  
Old 02-05-2019, 05:46 PM   #76

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Bornestig View Post
arniesea.
Hello, what is the actual weight of a 18 gallons waste water tank?
I used a 10 gallon Blue Boy in the desert when my 17 footer would only hold 7 and a half gallons.
Finally gave up on it and hauled the trailer to town.( Holtville Hot Springs California).Ended up getting additional blackwater tank installed for a total capacity of 26 gallons and as a bonus a separate drain for gray water tank.Life got easier.Then on to the 21 and never looked back.Needless to say I am not that strong anymore.
Well a Gallon of water is 8.3 lbs X 18 is approximately 150 lbs. I adjust how much I fill it by whether I have help or not. No way am I lifting 150 lbs into the bed by myself! So most of the time I only fill it until it is about 80 - 100 lbs.

It really depends on the situation. I was at one campground with a site next to the bathrooms. So in that case I didn't use the black tank, only the grey. I used the portable to empty the grey tank on the trailer then dump it into the mop sink at the campground. The whole operation was done by wheeling the portable, no lifting involved. I was also close enough to the community faucet that I could fill my fresh tank with the two fresh water hoses I carry with me.

(I didn't want to pay for the campground showers. I was there for 11 days while working a consulting job nearby.)
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:55 AM   #77

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA pulled by Ram 3500 diesel dually
I do not get my 5.0 until the end of August but this discussion has convinced me to have the outside wash station on both sides and a light on the driver side. I want to eventually put a carrier like the StowAway2 on the back so a light in the rear would likely be blocked. I'm having both 120v & 12v outlets added to the front on the driver side of the propane door so power for D/S tire inflation will be nearby.

I use an 18 gallon portable tote for waste water when at non-sewer sites. It gets towed behind the truck if the dump station is close & the road is decent (18 gal with little wheels makes great ruts in gravel & dirt). When it is too rough or too far I put the tank in the truck and use a macerator pump to fill it.

I've been using a 7 gallon container for water and pouring it by hand into the tank. That is getting old & with the 5.0 there won't be a handy way to keep a spout in place so with the 5.0 I will likely start using the 30 gallon bladder & water pump that I got for that.
StillCampin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:12 AM   #78

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
There is a light on the driver side as stock, by the sewer hookups.
Old 02-07-2019, 10:12 AM   #79

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezPez View Post
I love your tire cover! Travdes (my husband) didn't seem to enthused when I suggested putting cartoon versions of our dogs as decals on the back. Maybe I can convince him a tire cover instead! lol

Here's where I got mine from. I'd been at their site earlier and then this one popped up as "new" and I knew the trailer needed it. I've been quite happy with it. They have a ton of different designs and critters to choose from.

https://www.custom-tire-covers.net/

I see they also have grill covers - not that we have one, but some of you here might want one for home.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:24 PM   #80

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillCampin View Post
I do not get my 5.0 until the end of August but this discussion has convinced me to have the outside wash station on both sides and a light on the driver side. I want to eventually put a carrier like the StowAway2 on the back so a light in the rear would likely be blocked. I'm having both 120v & 12v outlets added to the front on the driver side of the propane door so power for D/S tire inflation will be nearby.
:
I had the rear light mounted above the rear window because I carry bicycles on the back and they would cover a light mounted under the window. I also have the front light mounted high because I have a generator over the propane tanks and the light shines into the fill spout. Both the front and rear lights are switched from inside, by the door.

Tags
build sheet, escape 21