California Escapee's wanted! - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2014, 12:27 AM   #21

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
The instructions are here somewhere.
From memory, go to the bottom of the map that comes up first and click on Enlarge Map.
You should then see the instructions so you can proceed.
Enlarge the map so that you locate yourself accurately ( but not too accurately? ).
Old 03-29-2014, 10:37 AM   #22

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
There are a couple of sub-groups on the forum - geographic groups such as Texas and Washington. You can navigate to them from the "groups" tab at the top.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:42 AM   #23

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpokanEscape View Post
There are a couple of sub-groups on the forum - geographic groups such as Texas and Washington. You can navigate to them from the "groups" tab at the top.
Thanks. Might do the job.

Greg
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:07 PM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I have my 19 ordered, build sheet in and scheduled to be ready June 23rd. I'm in Central CA, in Clovis. A current Casita owner and ready to upgrade an Escape.
MarksAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:53 PM   #25

Trailer: 2006 17b Goucho
I have a 17B in Tehachapi. Reace told me it was the first Escape in California, Arizona or Utah when I bought it in 2006.
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:01 PM   #26

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thane View Post
I have a 17B in Tehachapi. Reace told me it was the first Escape in California, Arizona or Utah when I bought it in 2006.
Hi: Thane...Escape sure has grown since '06. Our 5.0 was the first one east of the rockies and look where they are now!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:42 PM   #27

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thane View Post
WOW! That was a leap of faith. I had to go from Sacramento to Eureka to see one "in the flesh". I stepped inside the door and knew immediately it was the one for me. That was in 2008. Prior to that I had looked extensively for about three years. I wonder how many there were in California then. I wonder how many are here in California now too. The one thing I regret is not having the benefit of all the ideas that have come along in this forum. But on the other hand I get lots of ideas of things to do.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:16 AM   #28

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Great turn out! I think a Californian group could be interesting. We're all sort of hanging out down here in LaLa land. Might be cool to interact with our neighbors. The Casita people that have their own email group have become a pretty tight group. Could we do it??

So should we ask the webmaster for a California group? I'm a little apprehensive that it might languish if we don't check it. Other options are a Facebook page. Thoughts from fellow Californians?

Greg
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:25 AM   #29
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I don't own a Casita nor do I live in California.. but I have been involved in the emails. I would caution you. I see some brand snobbery going on. I find it's not about the brand, it's about the people. When you develop an exclusive attitude, you lose. As I tell people about the Oregon Gathering... you get all those folks out at the main gathering area for potlucks, etc. and unless you look at their name tags you wouldn't have a CLUE what brand they tow. We learn from one another, great camp spots, trip clues, etc. Maybe it's because I'm a kid of the 1950s-1960s, I'm very sensitive to separation....
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:42 AM   #30

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
I agree with you Donna . We live in California and am learning and like all the Fiberglass owners . Would not think a good idea to have own separate group from others . We all have unique and special trailers where ever we live.
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 11:54 AM   #31
Site Team

I can certainly see starting a gathering in California and posting the particulars here. But, then also post on FiberglassRV and the CasitaForum. Wouldn't it be awful if there was a gathering going on and you passed by just by a few miles, because you didn't know about it? Oh my.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:59 AM   #32

Trailer: 2002 Escape 13'
I think we can set it up on the "Groups" tab ourselves. We just need to name our group...and I don't see the snobbery that Donna was refering to at all. There are three groups established on this forum already that are geographic and of course "Escape" because this is what this forum is about. I like the idea because it will give us an opportunity to get to know each other...and camp together!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
Great turn out! I think a Californian group could be interesting. We're all sort of hanging out down here in LaLa land. Might be cool to interact with our neighbors. The Casita people that have their own email group have become a pretty tight group. Could we do it??

So should we ask the webmaster for a California group? I'm a little apprehensive that it might languish if we don't check it. Other options are a Facebook page. Thoughts from fellow Californians?

Greg
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:12 PM   #33

Donna, I couldn't disagree with you more. Just because we want to get to know other Escape owners in California and maybe get together shouldn't obligate us to have to reach out to the other forums to include them...and you shouldn't lay the guilt on us for not doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I can certainly see starting a gathering in California and posting the particulars here. But, then also post on FiberglassRV and the CasitaForum. Wouldn't it be awful if there was a gathering going on and you passed by just by a few miles, because you didn't know about it? Oh my.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:16 PM   #34
Site Team

Wow, really? You think I'm making you feel guilty? That's a new one on me. I thought guilt came from within.

But, maybe you should check with Greg Janke. He owns an Escape. Tried to join a "brand specific" campout and this is what happened (items I recevied by email):

.....call the rv park at ....., what's-her-name had already gotten me tossed out of the rally area and they pulled my rally discount..... They have an overflow row for mongrels.

AND yes, this was an molded towable group. Sad huh?
Old 03-30-2014, 12:27 PM   #35

No I don't feel guilty at all and it's best that I keep most of my thoughts on this to myself but I'm sure now you've pretty much torpedoed a good idea here.

Quote:
Wow, really? You think I'm making you feel guilty? That's a new one on me. I thought guilt came from within.

But, maybe you should check with Greg Janke. He owns an Escape. Tried to join a "brand specific" campout and this is what happened (items I recevied by email):

.....call the rv park at ....., what's-her-name had already gotten me tossed out of the rally area and they pulled my rally discount..... They have an overflow row for mongrels.

AND yes, this was an molded towable group. Sad huh?
Old 03-30-2014, 12:32 PM   #36
Site Team

I'm not trying to torpedoe anything, honest. I was just providing a caution. I've been on the receiving end of exclusivity. It's not a comfortable place to be. Think about it for a moment. If you keep everything between yourselves, what would you gain and what would you possibly lose. Right now we have at least two Escape owners on long term travels. Jon V, and Anne H., neither live in California. IF you were to hold some sort of campout and didn't publish it, there would be a chance they miss you. And, that's all I'm saying.

Remember, not all Escape owners belong to the Escape Forum. Some find FiberglassRV enough. And there are Casita owners who never show up here, but have more than a passing interest in Escapes.

And, that's all I'm saying...
Old 03-30-2014, 12:33 PM   #37

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
How does it go? "It's a free country"?
Means you can go ahead and form a group, but it also means that others can disagree on the merits.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:53 PM   #38
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
How does it go? "It's a free country"?
Means you can go ahead and form a group, but it also means that others can disagree on the merits.
Yeppers.
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2014, 01:52 PM   #39

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Quote:
I'm not trying to torpedoe anything, honest. I was just providing a caution. I've been on the receiving end of exclusivity. It's not a comfortable place to be. Think about it for a moment. If you keep everything between yourselves, what would you gain and what would you possibly lose. Right now we have at least two Escape owners on long term travels. Jon V, and Anne H., neither live in California. IF you were to hold some sort of campout and didn't publish it, there would be a chance they miss you. And, that's all I'm saying.

Remember, not all Escape owners belong to the Escape Forum. Some find FiberglassRV enough. And there are Casita owners who never show up here, but have more than a passing interest in Escapes.

And, that's all I'm saying...
I concur. I have been warmly welcomed at both Casita and Scamp gatherings where the Escape was the "off brand". There is nothing to prevent the Escape owners from getting to know each other. I belong to "the more the merrier" group. Besides, it is amazing what very useful information can be learned, not to mention the fun.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:25 PM   #40

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I believe camping is camping, regardless of your rig. Whether you're in a tent or a million dollar tour bus, we all drink from a garden hose and use a dump station. Understand, respect and enjoy. It's all recreation. There's one in every crowd. Just try not to step in it.
MarksAlot is offline   Reply With Quote