California Escapee's wanted! - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2014, 02:58 PM   #121

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
Were in for fish tacos! We'll bring a fruit salad and margaritas -
We're bringing the surf boards if anyone wants to paddle out.....
LoriH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 03:22 PM   #122

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
CA escapees

Nancy says she will make up the corn, avocado, tomato, + for Sat snackies for fri.
Jack and Nancy
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #123

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Hey, this is starting to look like Food Channel special!

Steve, I'll bring a dozen limes from my tree, also a pot of black beans, and if you want 2 or 3 dozen good, fresh Lompoc corn tortillas.

Re: Friday, I've got dinner covered. If somebody wants to bring a salad? Thanks Jack and Nancy for offering to bring snacks.

I also will bring a couple tables, 1 for serving and 1 for sitting/eating, and a couple serving trays.

Still needed: desserts for both nights and firewood.

Greg
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:31 PM   #124

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
escapees

Thats a corn, avocado, tomato, salad Nancy says.
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:43 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotfishtacos View Post
John, I am going to bring marinated fish from home so we have plenty but I'll be surf fishing in the morning so some of the tacos may be very fresh. I'll make sure to take some close up pictures of the steaming tacos so you can smell em!
Fantastic! We both love fish tacos! We can bring rice to beans or..... :
JaneM. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:46 PM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Hi jane . I will try to help you . The knob on the left turn it until it says pilot light then push it in while you have a lighter at same time inside stove under burners almost to the back and it should light . Hold it in for about 30 secs then release and it should stay lite . Then turn that same knob to desired temp. Your gas should be on . Also first to get it moving to stove light the burners on the top first that moves the gas . The burners on the top will light without a flame . Just the stove top needs the flame . Pat
Thanks! Our trailer isn't at our house, but I'll try again next weekend.
JaneM. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:23 PM   #127

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Your Welcome hope I made sense . If it doesn't work we can try again . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:25 PM   #128

Sorry knob for oven is on the right not left. Pat
Old 08-24-2014, 08:26 PM   #129

Sorry Owen needs the flame boy I am tired. Pat
Old 08-24-2014, 11:58 PM   #130

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Ok, Gisela and I will bring deserts to whatever is happening (always my favorite part of the meal anyhow). Don't know what yet, we will figure that out on our way to Jalama.

For those who have not been there before, Jalama Beach is a real treat. Fabulous views from the bluff sites. The sunsets are unreal. Endless beach and tide pools to walk / hike. We have been there many times.

Be aware of a few things;
- Hook ups = electricity only. There is a dump station just inside the entrance and a water fill up station. You will be on your own water tank and pump at your site. As in any campground, there are distributed water spigots. I think there are three on the upper level, all on the "other" side of the road from the campsites. Refills require a VERY long hose, a portable jug/tank, or pulling out of your site.
- A trick of the regulars going up the hill - half way up the hill the driveway to the upper level (and the cabins) splits off to the right. Don't take it. Continue on straight into the middle level sites. At the end there is another, much less steep drive to the upper level. There is a "hairpin" turn onto it, but, much easier than the even sharper and much steeper turn up at the top of the other driveway. The big sunblockers all know not to attempt the shorter driveway. When one hasn't gotten the word and tries, it turns into a major event.
- The Union Pacific RR coast line is 200 feet from the bluff sites (checked it on Google Earth). There is not a lot of train traffic, but, when a train comes by, you will know it, big time ... If you are a train fan, like me, it is a cool thing. If you don't like big noisy machinery sounding like it is coming through your trailer, uh, sorry. It doesn't happen very often, maybe six, or so, times a day. Occasionally at night, but, typically only once.
- The road to the campground is rural, narrow, and winding. Don't let it deter you, when you get there and see all the 40' sunblockers with toads that travel the road to get in there you know that your Escape is really little on that road. Even the food service vendor that services the cafe brings a semi truck down that road. Ok, it is pup trailer, but still, a semi.
- This is a county park on the beach. The bathrooms and showers are, um, well, public park at the beach. I think you know what I mean ... this is not a luxury RV park.
- There is no cell service. There are pay phones (like some strange shadow from the past ...). Starting last year, there has been free WiFi throughout the park. Not particularly fast, but, functional. It has been listed as a trial, so, I do not know for sure if it still on, but, was the last time we were there (February).
- Wind, did I mention wind? Every time we have been there it is windy, very windy, every afternoon. It eventually dies down sometime during the night. Sometimes early, sometimes late. You may notice that none of the RVs have their awning out. There is a reason for that. Of course, as soon as I say it will be windy... Jalama is very popular with the wind surfer and kite surfer crowd.
- The burgers at the cafe (ordered at the cash register in the store, dispensed from a window) are good. Maybe not the best in the world, as claimed, but, still pretty good. Nice view from the indoor eating area (I would not call it a dining area, that would create expectations way beyond what is there) and lots of local history photos on the walls to look at. I am fond of the patty melt myself, but, I'm a little different. I also like the fried pickles ...

Looking forward to our gathering!

Bill & Gisela
Attached Thumbnails
20140119_112826.jpg   P1180006.jpg   P1270126.jpg   P2010547.jpg  
keager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 12:49 AM   #131

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Thanks Bill. We're going to do a sacrifice to the wind gods so let's hope for calm seas!

I checked (just in case) and no launches are scheduled. Wouldn't that be interesting! See you there, you leaving Saturday or can you stay another night or two?

Greg
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:57 AM   #132

Trailer: 2002 Escape 13'
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotfishtacos View Post
OK! I've decided to live up to my moniker, "hotfishtacos" so that is what we are going to make for you all at our campsite #110 on Saturday evening, hot fish tacos. This will still be a pot luck but we will provide the main course. Please bring something to go with the meal and BYO refreshments! I need an accurate headcount so let's get a list of attendees together.

Steve
...so I got to thinking about this hot fish tacos meal some more and am now asking that our guests just brings some light snacks or dessert to share. This is a lot of food we are diving into and I want to make some effort to preserve my sought-after physique!
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:00 AM   #133

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
You can always freeze the leftovers.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:16 AM   #134

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Or, like any other pot luck, make enough for about 8-10, and if everyone does this, there is always more than enough to eat.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:06 PM   #135

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I'll bring a dessert (gotta be a sweet guy) and some wine for all to enjoy.

This will be my first trip to Jalama beach and may be the first of many to come in my 19. Looking forward to it.

I'll be coming from the NorCal gathering in Quincy, CA. making this one of the longest trips we've been on. Love camping in my 19!

Mark
Blizzy and Dakota (Da Boyz)
MarksAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:31 PM   #136

Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25
Totally missed this, guess I need to log on more often. Will see some of you in Quincy at the NorCal Roundup! We registered late, but a cancelation got us in!.
DeadEyeDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:28 PM   #137

Aspiring Escapee

hello everyone. Looking to be one of the " Escaped" ( sounds like a new tv sci fi show) and would like to hook up with Escape owners in the SF Bay area north if possible to see their trailers and connect . Anyone know of a 19 ft or 5.0 for sale in the area. Hard to find as you all are aware!
redhead23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:34 PM   #138

Trailer: 2002 Escape 13'
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead23 View Post
hello everyone. Looking to be one of the " Escaped" ( sounds like a new tv sci fi show) and would like to hook up with Escape owners in the SF Bay area north if possible to see their trailers and connect . Anyone know of a 19 ft or 5.0 for sale in the area. Hard to find as you all are aware!
Welcome! Take a look at the Owner's tab above to see who is located near you.
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:17 PM   #139
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
There are a couple of 21s listed in South Bay (near/North of Los Gatos) you may want to try and take a look at since the 5 and 5TA are the same as the 21 from the entry door to the rear bumper...........

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:28 PM   #140
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
The NorCal Roundup is on my Bucket List for 2015!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote