Casita Deluxe or Escape 17B? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2020, 07:17 AM   #21

Trailer: 2006 17b Goucho
In regards to laundry, we use a small trap door under the forward right hand seat as shown here. I empty that lower cabinet via an external door I added to the front of the trailer.

https://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/...oor-28733.html
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 07:35 AM   #22

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77FJ40 View Post
Another plus for the Casita is the fresh water tank is 25 gallons rather than 20. Anyone have a clever way of being able to bring additional water without having to stand holding a heavy jug of water while letting it gurgle into the tank through a funnel?
Siphoning works well. Faster than you might expect.
Viajante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 07:47 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
. In any event you have another 6 gallons in the hot water tank. We
The 6 gallons in the hot water tank isn’t available unless you remove the anode and let water drain out into a container. Normally, water only comes out of the tank when cold water is pumped in to replace it.

Some manufacturers of small trailers would count the hot water tank volume as part of the fresh water capacity to exaggerate how much water is available to use (like calling a 16’ trailer a 19’ by including the tongue length). I don’t know if Escape does this. Hope not, but I never measured the volume of the fresh water tank.
Viajante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 03:11 PM   #24

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Quote:
Another plus for the Casita is the fresh water tank is 25 gallons rather than 20. Anyone have a clever way of being able to bring additional water without having to stand holding a heavy jug of water while letting it gurgle into the tank through a funnel?
Yes...I installed my winterizing T valve on the bottom of the tank. I can now suck in antifreeze or fresh water.
Here is the link to the mod.
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post266446
Attached Thumbnails
3ABB0E0C-B2C9-4C05-BAFF-476B78AE5136.jpg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 10:34 PM   #25

Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thane View Post
In regards to laundry, we use a small trap door under the forward right hand seat as shown here. I empty that lower cabinet via an external door I added to the front of the trailer.

Thanks. More helpful info. I wondered if under one of the seats would be the best place. You have any pics of the added door? Is this the place I can option for the factory to add one?
77FJ40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 10:41 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
Yes...I installed my winterizing T valve on the bottom of the tank. I can now suck in antifreeze or fresh water.
Here is the link to the mod.
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post266446
Thank you for this. Brilliant. Not even sure yet if we will be getting an escape and the mod list has its first entry.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:01 AM   #27

Trailer: 2010 Escape 15a
Escape vs Casita

Other things to consider between Escape and Casita. We have a Escape 15a and like the squared corners because it gives more room to the person sleeping against the back wall. Our 13’ BigFoot, which is like a Scamp or Bolar, is rounded, which limits space for persons sleeping against one end or the other. I think the Casita would have the same problem. Too rounded.
Our Escape came with dual pane windows for cold weather but also has the added benefit of muffling sound. I highly recommend. Fellow campers are not always so respectful of neighbors trying to sleep.

I’d also point out the fiberglass and steel frame on the Escape is much more solid than the BigFoot. Better quality, thicker.

We like to optional storage box on the tongue. Wish it was a bit taller inside, to hold folding chairs or solar panel, but it’s still very useful.

We tow with a 06’ Lexus RX400H awd, which is rated for 3500# towing. Like a Prius but with a v6 and more comfort. Uses a CVT transmission.
Kevin Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 03:11 PM   #28

Can someone explain to me the Springfield post option? Maybe a link to a video or some pics of how it works. Is it worth the $$$ for the upgrade?
Do they do it for both front and rear table? Is it a lot faster then the standard posts or just more stable? Both?
Old 02-13-2020, 05:16 PM   #29

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I have heard that you should not push it down in extreme cold as the gas may leak out of the frozen seals.
Here is a short video you can watch until someone comments further.
https://youtu.be/kq8f_dU8HGk

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 05:39 PM   #30

Trailer: 17
OP, rivets are all along the bellyband, awning mounts, vents mounted on the roof. Trailmanor sure would give you a lot of room inside. Happy shopping
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 10:29 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
I have heard that you should not push it down in extreme cold as the gas may leak out of the frozen seals.
Here is a short video you can watch until someone comments further.
https://youtu.be/kq8f_dU8HGk
That explains a lot. Thanks. I'm kinda thinking it looks worth it if you plan to put the table up and down a lot.
Old 02-14-2020, 10:34 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thane View Post

Thane, what kind of exterior access door did you install under the front dinette seat? I asked ETI about putting one in they said they will only install one at the rear of the trailer. Too small of an area at the front. It would be nice if the front and rear ones could match. Maybe I should just do both myself?
Old 02-14-2020, 11:34 PM   #33

Trailer: 2006 17b Goucho
I bought two small hatches from Escape and installed them myself, but this was a long time ago. II was told they don’t install them on the front as they may leak in the rain. If I was ever caught driving in the rain maybe I would seal the gap around the door with tape.
I don’t have a picture, but can post one and get the dimensions next week after we get home.
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 12:57 AM   #34

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I have a hatch on the front passenger side and it does leak if I don't have the vinyl rock guard installed. I'd listen to ETI.
Old 02-15-2020, 10:47 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I have a hatch on the front passenger side and it does leak if I don't have the vinyl rock guard installed. I'd listen to ETI.
Thanks. I suppose it leaks from water spray coming of the tow vehicle. Ya? What vinyl rock guard do you have? Is it the kind that mounts to the hitch? Do you have the front storage box? Do you suppose that would make any difference?
Old 02-15-2020, 11:01 AM   #36

I don't have the front storage box. If you had the box, you couldn't access the hatch. The rock guards are just a foam-backed vinyl cover that is attached with snaps.
I rarely use the hatch. I find it easier to access the bench storage from inside.
Attached Thumbnails
Before 2.jpg   rock guard rear.jpg   Exterior hatch.jpg  
Old 02-15-2020, 11:07 AM   #37

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
17 leaks in front side panel????

We have the front access panel and no water leaking in the rain. It was installed by
Escape in 2018, but we also have the front storage box and the new model. I see no reason for the option to not be there. We also have the electric awning and love that.
AZjack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 11:10 AM   #38

Ah. I see that your access is in the front of the trailer. I was more expecting it to be in the front but on the side. azjack, is your access panel on the side or the front? It seems with the storage box it would have to be on the side.
Old 02-15-2020, 11:26 AM   #39

Quote:
It seems with the storage box it would have to be on the side.

No room if you have the manual awning. The awning arm is there.
I have several stacked plastic see-through boxes under the front passenger seat. It's a lot easier to lift the bench and pull out the one you need, than it is to pull stuff out of a hatch to reach what you can't see.
Old 02-15-2020, 11:27 AM   #40

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone

It is on the side.
azjack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote