Changes are coming - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2022, 04:50 PM   #1

Trailer: 2022 escape 17B
Changes are coming

Went to escapes web sight, new battery options are on the build page and some models now are offered in different configurations. Very interesting
mr.stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 06:04 PM   #2

Trailer: 2022 E19
Yep...................

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post418163
7Gentex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 06:30 PM   #3

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
We have a Sept ‘21 E19. With delivery, I just optioned out a new one like ours. $10,000.00 more. Yikes!
Old 04-22-2022, 09:28 PM   #4

Trailer: 2022 E19
Yep................

And you wouldn't believe what I paid for a package of bacon today And, my 5 year old truck is "worth" more than I paid for it.

Similar - the county tax assessor market value appraisal of my house is up 56% over last year........luckily the taxable value can "only" go up 10% a year

Wow..............shades of the late 1970's / 1980's, (DIDMCA / Garn-St. Germain DIA / RTC) hope we don't have another round like the late 1980's..............

Been there, done that........a few times (too many) now.

Hold on folks..............
7Gentex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 11:08 PM   #5

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Insofar as inflation between order and delivery dates, the luck of timing plays a role but so can who one is conducting the transaction with.

E.g. I placed an order for an F150 with Ford a few days before Christmas 2021; that truck has yet to be built (and its estimated build-date has been delayed 8 times to this date). BUT, Ford Corporation (not the dealer) guarantees the price and the financing rates/terms which were in effect when my order was confirmed on the date it was placed with the dealer, OR allows me the option of taking incentives and financing rate/terms in effect at the time of delivery.

But Ford is a lot bigger than ETI and can afford to offer those protections as an incentive to order from them even when long-lead delivery times of unknown duration are known to be the situation.

Yes, Ford has in some cases 'forced' re-specification (deletion of certain ordered options) of some vehicle orders based on certain parts not being available in sufficient quantity for the foreseeable future; fortunately my order spec has not been hit with that so far. Buyers faced with that have the option of no-penalty order cancellation if they choose.

FWIW the MSRP on the truck as optioned when I ordered has escalated ~$5k USD since I ordered, and the Ford Financing terms/rates are much less attractive at this moment compared to my order date (who knows what they'll be on my eventual delivery date?). I'm thanking my lucky stars for Ford's Price Protection policies while recognizing they could change at any time for future buyers.

Wishing everyone Good Luck with their long-lead commodity orders.
Old 04-23-2022, 06:05 AM   #6

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
In the past two weeks three of the brands I represent have announced an Immediate 15% Price Increase, a 12% Price Increase effective on May 1st and a 20% Price Increase on June 1st.

Our build sheet sign off isn't until late June so we'll see at that time how inflation is impacting pricing/interest rates to decide if we will move forward. Right now, we're still on.

We have all made a bunch of money when the market was in Yin Mode so we're expecting a bit of the Yang Mode to let us remember why there are two sides.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote