Cheap lithium - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2022, 02:13 PM   #41

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
I don't use an inverter, other than very occasional use of a portable 400W max.

my main concert for Lithium was running a DC compressor fridge, wanting to be able to run it for up to a week without sunshine. 400AH of Lithium should easily do this, and still have enough power for everything else (lights, water pump, fan).
Yes, we have different goals. The dual 6 volt batteries are fine for my current 12 volt power needs.

I want the inverter to power my 1000 watt convection microwave. That would draw more than the lead acid batteries can output. The 100 amp hour lithium can output 1C (100 amps / 1200 watts), so it should power the microwave without issue.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 05:57 PM   #42

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Heard an expert on the radio a couple days ago say that demand for lithium is expected to rise 300 per cent in coming years and that the U.S. has one lithium mine. China is a main supplier. I wouldn't hold my breath, waiting for prices to come down further.

FWIW, the prices on the LifePO4 cells I bought a month ago have already gone up about 2%. Not a huge increase, but it sounds like that's going to be the trend for a while.
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 06:10 PM   #43
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
sad, I read awhile ago, a US company had developed a major lithium mine in, I think, Africa somewhere, with the cooperation and partnership of the locals. the company's other operations got into financial problems, and they sold their interest in the Li mine to a Chinese mining consortium. Easy come, easy go.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote