coffee cup shelf near bed on 19' ?? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2019, 06:42 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
coffee cup shelf near bed on 19' ??

Looking for ideas on a coffee cup shelf near the back of the bed on a 19'. I get the outside of the bed since I have to get up to use the bathroom several times a night (ain't getting older a gas?). My wife gets the inside next to the rear window. Since I am on the outside, I also am the coffee maker in the morning. We like to sit in bed and drink coffee in the morning, and wine in the evening. I can reach the galley counter to set my coffee and glasses. I need to put up a small shelf in the back so my wife can set her coffee/wine and glasses on it. Preferably it would be easily removable. Anyone found a way to do this? (brand new member, August 2019).
jkcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 06:55 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Made a combination cup holder/shelf system. What I did not want to do was put any holes in the wall. Removed the corner buttons and screws, attached my build shelf thing at the corner in their spot.
Attached Thumbnails
bedCup.jpg  
Old 12-13-2019, 07:16 PM   #3

Wow, that is quite a system! Do the buttons just pop off? Did you use the same screws, or larger ones? Also, what style of trim/wood was used in the corner?
Many thanks for responding to my question. I am learning sooo much from this group!
Old 12-13-2019, 07:29 PM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Buttons pop off with a screwdriver. Just used slightly longer wood screws to account for the wood thickness. That wood is just scraps from the shop. Some is cedar. If you fancy a better wood or different thicknesses check out the hardwoods at Home Depot for poplar, or oak, etc.
Old 12-14-2019, 10:05 AM   #5

Thanks again, give me something to work with.
Old 12-14-2019, 10:38 PM   #6

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Here's a shelf I built for our 19.

It is on the rear wall of the trailer. It's attached to the cabinets overhead with one arm stuck under the shade attachment to hold the whole thing tight against the rear wall.

Intended for book and (eye-)glasses, but an easy modification would allow it to work for (wine-)glasses.
Attached Thumbnails
0007-IMG_1607.jpg  

2013 Escape 19 ("The Dog House") , 2018 Ford F150
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 01:32 PM   #7

Thank you Doug, does not look too complicated.
Old 12-15-2019, 02:05 PM   #8

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey View Post

It is on the rear wall of the trailer. It's attached to the cabinets overhead with one arm stuck under the shade attachment to hold the whole thing tight against the rear wall.

Intended for book and (eye-)glasses, but an easy modification would allow it to work for (wine-)glasses.
I like that shelf system since I get stuck sleeping on the back wall. I usually have to put my stuff in the overhead cabinet at night.
AKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 02:56 PM   #9

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey View Post

Nice work ! Really needed too. Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote