Community advice - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2021, 11:36 AM   #1

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Community advice

These days, coming together has never been more important. Must mention we certainly can’t deny you Navy guys out there have always been great supporters of togetherness.

This is as close to the Navy I ever got. We parked E19 at a very nice RV place outside San Diego called Santee Lakes RV. Great place. Oh, one Navy exception-- Had lunch at a swift boat base in CRB once. Dammit, Navy, you always have the best food.
Attached Thumbnails
Midway.jpg   SanteeLakes.jpg  
Old 01-23-2021, 01:09 PM   #2

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
Santee

Myron, that is a great camp ground. Not that we know anything about sushi but we eat at a place just down the road from there, in a strip mall. As usual I never know the name but I know how to go there. We may head over there soon after we get the 5th wheel, but not to eat out.
AZjack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 02:32 PM   #3

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
..... Dammit, Navy, you always have the best food.
Lol, ain't it the truth!

Though I was in the Army I was stationed for 20 months on Ford Island (Pearl Harbor, HI, home of COMSUBPACFLT at the time) and dined daily at the enlisted Navy mess there. To say the food was incredibly better than at any Army facility would be a gross understatement.
Old 01-23-2021, 03:03 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Canadian army might be a better bet.

I photographed the armed forces fighting a forest fire in the BC interior. They weren't great at fire fighting ( mostly held informational meetings - three times before we reached the fire scene ) and then ignored the instructions not to go further than 200 metres from the road. They had spotted actual flames, not just smoke. I followed and we had to run through the bush when a chopper dropped a load of fire retardant on the fire, and us ( because we weren't supposed to be there ).

But they did eat well. Breakfast was eggs ( cooked to order ) and bacon, sausage or ham, or all of the above, and, or, pancakes. After breakfast, they napped until the afternoon, when the bus came to take us up the the fire.