Completion surprise - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2022, 07:08 PM   #1

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Completion surprise

Sooo, my completion date has been March 18 for a while. Fast fwd to last Friday and I get an email from ETI saying my trailer entered production and would be completed in 6-8 weeks.. Cool, seems like they are on tract to meet my completion date. I assumed "in production" meant it was in mold or just out of mold.
Fast fwd to 4 days later (Wednesday of this past week) and they start sending me a few pics and say it will be ready in 3 weeks... Pics Thursday and Friday show more progress on the assembly line. I have been off work for the last 4 months due to a health issue and just got back to work a week ago.
I'm not complaining , I was just unprepared for such a move up without notice. I scrambled and got my financing approved and hope to be able to get it delivered in February. I work a month on and a month off. ETI told me they were having trucking /delivery challenges recently so I'm not sure it will be delivered while I'm home and available. They assured me that storage charges wouldn't start until a month from March 18th if we can't get it delivered in Feb..... 1st world problems for sure..
Old 01-22-2022, 07:19 PM   #2

Trailer: 2022 E19
I’m in the same situation. I’m having my E19 delivered to Charlotte in April. I received a call from Sharon on Thursday and was also told that there would be no charge for storage as my completion is March 14th.
Old 01-22-2022, 08:15 PM   #3

Congrats!

Were either of you above in the "potentially earlier / maybe / don't count on it" group from late Dec. 2021?

Or were the completion dates you mentioned above the CDRx.x...(whatever version)

Asking as I had a CDR2.1 of mid 6/2022, but in 12/2021 got in on the maybe / potentially deal, then they set a date of mid 3/2022.

Tomorrow would work!
7Gentex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 08:35 PM   #4

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Gentex View Post
Congrats!

Were either of you above in the "potentially earlier / maybe / don't count on it" group from late Dec. 2021?

Or were the completion dates you mentioned above the CDRx.x...(whatever version)

Asking as I had a CDR2.1 of mid 6/2022, but in 12/2021 got in on the maybe / potentially deal, then they set a date of mid 3/2022.

Tomorrow would work!
I wasn't in the early completion program. They offered me a Dec 9 delivery but a throat cancer diagnosis made me turn that down. I just finished radiation 3 weeks ago and am eager to get on with the rest of my life! I got cleared to go back to work on Jan 15th and was looking fwd to my 5.0 delivery. Ill see how it shakes out but would love a Feb delivery, just got surprised by it
Old 01-22-2022, 09:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofmerc View Post
I wasn't in the early completion program. They offered me a Dec 9 delivery but a throat cancer diagnosis made me turn that down. I just finished radiation 3 weeks ago and am eager to get on with the rest of my life! I got cleared to go back to work on Jan 15th and was looking fwd to my 5.0 delivery. Ill see how it shakes out but would love a Feb delivery, just got surprised by it

Hang in there - enjoy your trailer.

"SOF Merc"....??........if that is what you spent some time doing, put it in neutral and enjoy now...........
Old 01-22-2022, 10:54 PM   #6

If you don't mind..................

Post up your build pics here:

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...-8031-146.html
Old 01-23-2022, 06:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Gentex View Post
Congrats!

Tomorrow would work!
I was asked about a Dec. completion but turned it down . Traveling from Maine to Washington and back in December didn’t sound like a good idea.