Compliments wherever I go - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2019, 08:30 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 5.0 T.A.
Compliments wherever I go

Every weekend I go camping I get compliments on my Escape 19. Of course, I always let people in the trailer if they’re interested.

I’m amazed how many people in the states have heard of Escape. Those who have always remark on the quality of the trailer and how nice it looks. It makes me proud to own one.
Erik65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 06:21 PM   #2

Trailer: 2022 21C 'The QShip'
Sitting with my morning coffee the other day. Another camper drove by, pointed at our Escape and yelled "I want one of those!"
marant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 06:42 PM   #3

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
We get a chuckle sometimes from people's reactions to seeing our 5.0TA. Once we were going slowly through a road construction area and we could see the workers stop and gape at us....another time in a scenic overlook turnout we were inside having lunch and people walking by couldn't see in because of the reflective windows so they were walking up and pointing at the trailer, not realizing that we were sitting right there looking out at them.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:45 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
We get a chuckle sometimes from people's reactions to seeing our 5.0TA. Once we were going slowly through a road construction area and we could see the workers stop and gape at us....another time in a scenic overlook turnout we were inside having lunch and people walking by couldn't see in because of the reflective windows so they were walking up and pointing at the trailer, not realizing that we were sitting right there looking out at them.
I can't count the number of times I have pulled into a gas station and had people come up and want to see the trailer.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:49 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
On one of our first long trips after buying our Escape, we headed out before 1st light, then stopped for a quick breakfast 50 miles out. By the time we left the restaurant parking lot (over a hour later), we had talked with and/or shown the trailer to 3 couples.

Next day, in Oregon, a couple followed us out of our gas stop to our coffee stop down the street, in the rain. Showed them the trailer as well.

We figured we weren't going to make any of our daily destinations if this keeps happening. Luckily, our next stop was camping at the Maryhill NOG.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:18 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
This has happened to me a few times as well. Once a state park ranger stood outside my trailer and kept repeating "Oh, how cute! How cute!" until I let her inside to look around. On another occasion at a gas station a guy came over to check it out, saying he and his wife had bought a motorhome but just to gas it up cost over $200 so they couldn't afford to use it much. I agreed with him that the Escape was a better idea.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:35 PM   #7

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
We’ve received numerour nice comments and strangers ask to view both our Casita and Escape.
They almost all remark how cute it is , right up to the time they ask how much do they cost and where’s the closest / best dealer ?
The conversation usually ends right there !
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 09:13 PM   #8
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I don't get nearly the compliments for Ten Forward as I did with my 16' Scamp. Other than hearing... I didn't know anyone made a 5th wheel so small
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:45 AM   #9

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Our Casita people would ask to look at it but our 2014 Escape that we've had for about a year now not so much. Really think because its more square and looks more like the size of a normal trailer so not so 'cute'.

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:53 AM   #10

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
I find that the shinier my 19' looks, the more requests I get to view it and the more interest people show in it. Gas stations seem to be a very common location where people show interest initiate a conversation about our Escape.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 05:41 PM   #11

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
We have had the occasional lookers. But most of these lookers expect the Escape 19 to be less than $10K brand new. When we tell them 3x that price they quickly leave. Small means cheap in most people's minds.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:53 PM   #12

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I had a nice conversation with a fellow at the Dump station at Teddy Roosevelt. He had a new Lance trailer. He said he was ready to buy an Escape but decided not to because he was concerned about getting warranty work done. He was from Denver but went to California to buy his Lance because he could save $8,000. Got it back to Denver and it needed warranty work. Went to his Denver dealer who told him he would do the warranty work when he had no more work to do on trailers he had sold. So he still needs the work done and he got the trailer in March. I told him we had bought used, hadn’t needed anything major, had improvements done at Chilliwack as part of a vacation and loved the Escape because “she don’t leak”. He looked wistful as he pulled away.
Iowa Dave
Old 08-12-2019, 05:56 PM   #13

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Small

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upfisk View Post
We have had the occasional lookers. But most of these lookers expect the Escape 19 to be less than $10K brand new. When we tell them 3x that price they quickly leave. Small means cheap in most people's minds.
Apparently it’s relative, I’ve seen $10,000 diamonds and shotguns that aren’t very big either. I’d read them the definition of depreciation from Webster but it would just tick them off. Where’s my kool aid?
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:13 PM   #14

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
I love pulling my 5.0 into Bluegrass Festivals. At the last one a woman jogged with us down the lane to our spot and I couldn't back it in until we had a chat. I finally promised her a look see once we were set up, pointing out we were blocking traffic. (I think she had a few.)

Showed it off to 3 different couples that weekend. My favorite was the guy who owned a 10 year old Casita that he had done some beautiful custom woodwork on. His wife was envious of our room, but I could tell he was proud and attached to his handiwork. As well he should be! It was well done.
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote