Creative Valances? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2017, 10:19 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 21' May 2017
Creative Valances?

Anybody out there with some cute or creative valances, I would love to see some photo sif you do.
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 07:00 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape 21' Feb 2017
We don't have our trailer yet but plan on making the valence (cornice?) boxes a bit bigger. Not exactly creative though.
Cslcs25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 07:54 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cslcs25 View Post
We don't have our trailer yet but plan on making the valence (cornice?) boxes a bit bigger. Not exactly creative though.
I would love to know how to make them bigger so if you know how please let me know.Will you have ETI put up the standard ones first and then remove them and redo them? I don't have any idea how they attach. I also keep thinking I would rather put blinds up in stead of those shades. I am getting ready to put my build sheet in in about a week so I need to know what plans I need to make if I make these changes.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:20 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape 21' Feb 2017
We will have ETI install their standard cornice boxes. Then Dave will be in charge of modifying to make them a little more substantial. I think they just attach to the underside of cabinet with screws. He made our "cornice boxes" for the Casita so I think should be doable. Then we will simply cover them with some batting followed by upholstery fabric stapled to the underside of thin plywood. Then we will hot glue some cording around the bottom edge. (Me and my cording!).

I too would like to replace the shades (like NW Catwoman). My main complaint is those plastic stick-out things at the bottom corners. Will wait and see on that one.
Cslcs25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 08:41 AM   #5

I think someone said you can remove those stick out things on the corners and that they are actually screwed on. Hope so. I am glad you are from Texas, maybe we can get together when you get your trailer I would love to see what you do with it. I also made some valances for our casita that were so cute. They were a bit vintage looking, gathered and with some thick English lace on the bottom. I put them on a small rod and used curtain hooks on the back and hooked them into the top of the blinds. Was easy and worked fine. I really like your idea. Wonder if we will be able to figure out the blinds or have camping world do it. Hope we can figure it out. This trailer is getting more expensive every day! I should be spoiling my grandkids not my Escape!
Old 01-14-2017, 06:10 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 "Bubbles"
Jean vanlance

My wife and I installed these in our 2006 Escape, it came with none and these where simple to install. My wife sewed them out of Jean material and made a matching quilt from our old Jeans.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2457.jpg  
grantpallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 08:26 PM   #7

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantpallen View Post
My wife and I installed these in our 2006 Escape, it came with none and these where simple to install. My wife sewed them out of Jean material and made a matching quilt from our old Jeans.
Have seen that quilt flying by before. Loved it then and love it even more now! It's simply beautiful!!!
Old 01-14-2017, 10:43 PM   #8

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cslcs25 View Post
I too would like to replace the shades (like NW Cat Owner). My main complaint is those plastic stick-out things at the bottom corners. Will wait and see on that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quilting Lady View Post
I think someone said you can remove those stick out things on the corners and that they are actually screwed on.
Yeah, we're using the cellular shades and I just love 'em! Of course they work really well in the driveway. Have yet to use them out in the wilds, so we'll see.

I had asked ETI to remove those stickie outie shoulder poking thingies. They had them on the frames but removed them after I reminded them they needed to come off. They were just screwed in and now there's screws in those holes. I don't know if ETI had to drill those holes or if the frames came that way.

Either way, they're OFF and it's great!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 10:48 PM   #9

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantpallen View Post
My wife sewed them out of Jean material and made a matching quilt from our old Jeans.
This certainly reminds me of a Gee's Bend quilt. Love that kind. Looks so great!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote