Crunch time for my build sheet - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2014, 10:11 AM   #21

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
There are cleaners and polish for stainless . But just for the sink clean up with any dish soap using your sponge , rinse and dry with paper towel or towel and you are done .
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:56 PM   #22

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i actually use the bathroom sink to wash my hands- i know so odd -but i like having it.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:32 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
The build sheet can raise a lot of questions and especially when one is pinched for time. Though we have until June to get ours in I keep gleaning for all of the information I can find. I usually go by the rule of better to have and not need rather than need and not have. Yet it seems that members here talk about options that I don't see on the build sheet. Anyway OneOleMan, give everything a lot of thought and do your best. I kick myself today for leaving several options off of the tow vehicle to save a few bucks and am not going to repeat this mistake on the trailer. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:33 PM   #24
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Another vote for the bathroom sink. When I'm backpacking or tent camping, I'll brush my teeth wherever I can, but if I have a bathroom, I'd prefer to do it there than over the kitchen sink. To each his own.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:46 PM   #25

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
FWIW: My stock sink (I didn't know of an ss option in 2009), has been just fine. I use a liner at the bottom and haven't any scratches, but also I am careful. Bathroom sink: I use it, and wouldn't go without it. (Pun intended). Also with kids, it keeps splashes confined.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:39 PM   #26

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
Though we have until June to get ours in I keep gleaning for all of the information I can find.
A suprising number of us have ended up getting our trailers earlier than expected. Sometimes quite a bit sooner. So you're on the right track of getting the options nailed down sooner than later.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:17 AM   #27

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B - 2009 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid
Lauren, I'm researching now, trying to determine best tow vehicle for my 17'. What options did you leave off when you purchased yours? Thanks!
Old 11-06-2014, 07:19 AM   #28

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
... Yet it seems that members here talk about options that I don't see on the build sheet. ...
Loren
ETI has done lots of things not on the option sheet. Some of them they will never do again, some have turned into standard, and some are now on the sheet. If you want something, ask. They may say no, and explain why, but usually they will give you a price.
jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:59 AM   #29
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamman View Post
ETI has done lots of things not on the option sheet. Some of them they will never do again, some have turned into standard, and some are now on the sheet. If you want something, ask. They may say no, and explain why, but usually they will give you a price.
Yeah, I have about 8 options on my build sheet that were not officially listed. ETI only said no (so far) to one -- installing LED lighting in the under bed storage area.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:25 AM   #30
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Yeah, I have about 8 options on my build sheet that were not officially listed. ETI only said no (so far) to one -- installing LED lighting in the under bed storage area.
However, ETI will install extra 12V drops under there (and in cabinets) where you specify. They coil up about 6 ft of red/black wire and fasten the loop to the wall. Think they only charged $20 per drop, planned for future mods.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote