Cushion fabric - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2020, 11:33 AM   #1

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
Cushion fabric

Hello! We are working on a build sheet for an E19 in April and are looking for thoughts about durability of the cushion fabrics and ease of cleaning. We are thinking Summit Ash and also wonder if anyone has photos with the maple cabinets that they could share. Any observations on how the laminate flooring holds up over time? Thanks in advance for any insights!
Clkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 12:12 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Just FYI all of the Escape upholstery is by Ennis Fabrics. If you enter in google: ennis [color name from ETI website] you'll usually get a hit directly to the product page with all sorts of info about each fabric's weight, wear-resistance, etc. (and they do vary quite a bit).

E.g. for Summit Ash: https://www.ennisfabrics.com/en/coll...-summit-96-ash

You can do the same for the flooring by Mannington.

The samples delivered by ETI were invaluable for me. Hope that helps.
Old 11-24-2020, 12:14 PM   #3

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clkr View Post
Hello! We are working on a build sheet for an E19 in April and are looking for thoughts about durability of the cushion fabrics and ease of cleaning. We are thinking Summit Ash and also wonder if anyone has photos with the maple cabinets that they could share. Any observations on how the laminate flooring holds up over time? Thanks in advance for any insights!
I thought Summit Ash seemed likely to snag (I have dogs) so did not get it. Get the samples and see what you think before ordering.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 12:32 PM   #4

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post

You can do the same for the flooring by Mannington.
Just be aware that Mannington has several grades of flooring with the same pattern. ETI does not use the premium grade.
Shearwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 01:10 PM   #5

Trailer: 2019 NoBo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
I thought Summit Ash seemed likely to snag (I have dogs) so did not get it. Get the samples and see what you think before ordering.

We have a white aussie shepherd mutt that sheds year round so I got a sample of the Summit Ash and Monroe Steel and rubbed them on him and yes, it grabs dog fur like crazy!
brtnstrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 02:24 PM   #6

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
Thanks. We received the samples from ETI. Just curious about real life durability and cleaning. Good points about dog hair but we don’t have pets. Just messy hubby!
Clkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 07:12 PM   #7

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clkr View Post
Any observations on how the laminate flooring holds up over time? Thanks in advance for any insights!
I would not call the flooring a laminate...it is more of a one piece sheet goods that is rolled out and glued down. Thus water resistant with no cracks. The picture is from Escape’s build video.
https://youtu.be/Wi6_KR_n_As
Attached Thumbnails
9F834D21-3217-4488-9CED-2A4F7E160BB8.jpg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 10:01 PM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Get the highest grade of vinyl you can find. Pioneer Building Supply in Chilliwack is the practical source for flooring. I've regretted not picking something- anything out during our visit there. The stock flooring is bunk IMO, not nearly as good as what was in our 2010 17B.
Old 11-27-2020, 09:15 PM   #9

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shearwater View Post
Just be aware that Mannington has several grades of flooring with the same pattern. ETI does not use the premium grade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Get the highest grade of vinyl you can find. Pioneer Building Supply in Chilliwack is the practical source for flooring. I've regretted not picking something- anything out during our visit there. The stock flooring is bunk IMO, not nearly as good as what was in our 2010 17B.
Adding to these valuable insights, just FYI here's latest update from my build discussions with ETI ....

I'd proposed a top-grade custom flooring for my 5.0 build: Mannington Millcreek Axel (ETI has dropped that pattern from their list of standard offerings) in the "Luxury Vinyl Sheet Platinum" grade which is 130 mills thick and includes Mannington's best "ScratchResist HP" (Aluminum Oxide) surface coating.

ETI today notified me they cannot install that top-grade flooring, saying "this one is too thick for our purposes." They stated they can work with the Mannington Luxury "Gold" or "Silver" grades, with thicknesses of 100mil and 80 mil respectively, each with progressively less robust finish coatings than the Platinum grade. Grrrr

FWIW the (very flimsy) flooring samples I received from ETI all had product numbers corresponding to Mannington's "Better Benchmark grade", with thickness typically in the 58mil range and the least-robust surface coatings in Mannington's product range.

Final custom flooring-related FYI from ETI today: "We do recommend that you work with our flooring supplier Olson Floors (in Abbotsford) toll-free 1.877.823.0020 or 604-856-5766 to place your order. They will deliver directly to us."

Tags
escape 19, fabric