David Murphy - a change of plans - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-07-2022, 04:09 PM   #61

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
Such sad news David. We will keep you and your wife in our prayers. Thank you for all the knowledge you have shared with us here on the Forum. Your contributions have been appreciated. Good luck to you.
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 04:24 PM   #62

Trailer: 2017 Escape Trailer 21
David, you have always been a gentleman on this forum. I have always appreciated what you have written about. You are one of those people that you feel lucky to have met, even if it was not in person..
Wishing you and your wife all the best.
Judy
jkavanagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 05:01 PM   #63

Trailer: 2020 5.0 TA
My brief exposure to your forum posts reveals a generous and kind person. I'm sad to hear this news, admire your courage, and thank you for sharing your knowledge and positive outlook. Both are valued. I hope the doctors recognize the need to bend the odds highly in your favor.

Mike
Shiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 05:24 PM   #64

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
We all know it, David...Life is a curve ball. You are in my thoughts.
Old 03-07-2022, 06:14 PM   #65

Trailer: 2012 E19
Well, cow patties! Not fun at all!!!

If there is a bright side, at least you know that you're getting closer to transitioning into what lies ahead. Many folks assume right up to the last moment that they will go on living the same as usual, and they don't get that chance to adjust their perspective, reorganize priorities, and make preparations. Maybe you can look at this news positively, as a highway sign on your road of life that reads, "Danger: extreme curves ahead, followed by one-lane bridge".

I was thinking today, as I was driving, how blessed I have been to have so many good things in life (health, food on the table, a good roof overhead, family, etc.) that others lack, and the opportunity to have been a small help to some others less fortunate than I. And also grateful to have inner peace that comes from knowing who "has my back" and where my final destination lies (it's much better than here!). As you enter this new phase of life with its new challenges and struggles, I hope you can keep thinking positive, optimistic thoughts and have inner peace and joy.
Old 03-07-2022, 10:13 PM   #66

Trailer: Escape
David, the chemo isn't overwhelming, it's just something you do. You do need to have your support system in place because you'll need it. If you ever think it's tough just remember that kids are doing it. After the chemo you'll be in new territory and it's up to you to invent your way forward from there. Best wishes in how you do that.
Viajante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 10:53 PM   #67

Trailer: 2019 5 TA
David, we never met but you have made many very helpful comments to my posts. Your advise about do it now is extremely good advise once again. I am so sorry for your health issues and we will be praying for your health and will be thinking of you as you go thru the process. good luck and God Bless
Greg and Kathy
Greg and Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 12:21 AM   #68

Trailer: 2018 5.0 T/A "Escaper"
David, what great memories those 25 years must be. I hope you get better and make many more!
akmacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 08:31 AM   #69

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19' and 2016 GMC Yukon SLT SUV.
Send a message via AIM to Tonny LR
David,
I am so sorry to hear this news. Prayers for your healing! Never give up and never give in!

Tonny LR
Tonny LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 10:55 AM   #70
Omi

Trailer: 2019 Escape 17B
David, as you can see, there are so many of us who seldom post but follow along with all the exchanges and advice. We don't have cats but love to hear about yours. You've got people all around the U.S. for whom you are a friend . . . people who are cheering for your best outcome. We join the rest to say we're thinking about you and sending the best vibes your way.

Omi
Old 03-08-2022, 11:05 AM   #71
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Dear David, We are so very sorry to hear this. Thank you for sharing this with us so we can lift you up in our prayers.

Even though we have not met, I feel like we have traveled together with cats, in tow. And thanks to you I know when my furnace decides to act up, I have made a mental note to reread your Southern Utah thread and will soak up all your expert furnace wisdom you have bestowed on us!

Absolutely loved the way you said your quote below. Totally agree and feel the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post

Over and above the wealth of technical expertise and advice I have received from forum members, even more valuable is the feeling of fellowship and support. The Escape family is one of the best things about having an Escape.
David, your Escape family is behind you and cheering for you 100%! Blessings to you and your family, as well.

Take care &
God bless, -Bea
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 8.14.03 AM.jpg  
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 11:31 AM   #72

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Great picture........
Old 03-08-2022, 11:45 AM   #73

Trailer: Escape Trailer 21NE 2022
David, Mary and the cats, I am very sorry to hear about what could mildly be called a health challenge and hope the cancer journey you are on now goes well. There have been many advances in cancer care and treatment, so remain hopeful. Your Escape friends are thinking of you.
chesaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 11:50 AM   #74

Trailer: 2018 E19
David, sorry to hear of your diagnosis. I enjoy your posts. I have added you and your wife to my prayer list, praying for healing or a medical breakthrough.
Doug
Old 03-08-2022, 01:03 PM   #75

Trailer: 2021 21NE
David,
Sorry to hear about your health challenge. Although we have never met, I sense from your posts that you are up for the challenge. I went through chemo with my dad a few years ago. It wasn't fun for him, he was 83, but the doctors, technicians and support staff at the cancer center made it a "pleasant" experience for him and he was able to have a great attitude because of their support. I hope you can experience the same positive support my dad did. It made a world of difference! God bless you and your family.
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 04:37 PM   #76

Trailer: 5.0 on order- ETA 06/2024
I have only been here a few short weeks, but in doing tons of reading here, your generosity and contributions have been so helpful and welcoming to all. Sending healing prayers your way, you have a wonderful community here that is rallying around you!
Pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 09:44 PM   #77

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Sad to hear this news! It is definitely a challenge but I hope and pray for your healing and recovery.

You have made a lot of positive contributions to a lot of people on this forum and, I am sure, those not on it. All those good deeds and prayers will help you in this journey. Wishing you the very best!
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 01:09 AM   #78

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Just saw your post David so sorry to hear but sending you positive thoughts your way ! Sincerely Pat and Linda
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 08:41 AM   #79

Trailer: 2022 21C "Mabel" (on order) / 2019 F150 3.5 EcoBoost
David - Thank you for your openness to share a change in plans, as well as great perspective on life and travel. We had the opportunity to talk on the phone a few months ago when I was trying to determine a few items on our build sheet. Your insight was appreciated and our 21C "Mabel" is scheduled to be completed this May as we begin our adventure. Blessings to you.
Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 09:26 PM   #80

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
You are truly a bright light on this forum. We hope to continue enjoying the benefit of your kind wisdom for a very long time.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote