DICOR 4 WAY SLIDER - Wanted - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-29-2019, 07:20 AM   #41

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
I am a YES.
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 09:39 AM   #42

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratos175 View Post
My name is Stephan Dolzan. I am the product manager for St.La in North America. Lippert Components recently purchased St.La, so we will not be handling distribution in the US.
Since Lippert bought out St.La, would the "Dicor 4-Way Slide" now be properly named the "Lippert 4-Way Slide"?
Old 01-29-2019, 12:57 PM   #43

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
I'm a yes!!

I think it might work on a standard size table if one had the Springfield telescoping post. I have been wondering how to turn the standard table 90 degrees and slide it against the wall of a standard dinette. The Springfield post allows one to turn the table but it would need to be pulled forward a bit so the corners will clear as it is turned.

My wife is a quilter and wants the large table for layouts.
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 01:25 PM   #44
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I've just started a poll for the Lippert 4-way Slider. Steve (stratos175) is asking what everyone thinks. I'm hoping your participation in this poll will help him to determine whether to proceed or not.

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f3...tml#post278479
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 09:16 PM   #45

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 "LollyPop" June 12, 2017, sold Coleman pop up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
$150 is a great price; am thinking I paid Dicor $138 + shipping four years ago.

IMO the 4 way slide works best with a U dinette size table or smaller(23" minimum depth). The standard dinette tables are a bit heavy and due to extended depth one loses some advantage of utilizing the 4 way motion capability.
We purchased the decor 4 way slider and the Springfield pedestal, modified the pedestal top to fit the slider, and ETI installed it all for us at orientation. We also have the u shaped dinette and had ETI modify the table to a 23 inch depth as Ross had done. (Thanks for your help with that, Ross!). We have loved the set up as we can easily switch between dining, lounging, or sleeping grandkids. It allows infinite choices of table position within the limits of its range of motion, allowing both rotation and translation (sliding). We think it is a great combination and think it would be a popular choice if ETI offered it as an option. Just our experience, and thanks to the forum where we learned about this.
casejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:50 AM   #46

Trailer: 5.0 TA 2017 Taj MaSmall
Me too

I need one
Bobnjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 01:55 PM   #47

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Seems that Lippert is selling the four-direction rotating table mechanism in Europe now. Maybe that could be a source for what used to be called "Dicor".
https://www.lippertcomponents.eu/galaxy

Here is a website that lists it for sale in Turkey (use translate to read) 12,281.23 TL is approx. $740.
https://www.kampkaravanmarket.com/li...pik-masa-ayagi

Here's another one in France.
https://www.h2r-equipements.com/pied...cosmo-due.html
Attached Thumbnails
640_601_galaxy.jpg  
Old 06-06-2022, 05:06 PM   #48

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Dicor products used to import the Cosmo pedestal and the 4-way slider from Italy then quit doing so in 2017. The Cosmo pedestal won't work for lowering the table to bed height however; this was discussed previously. Jim Bennett had one and was able to return it to Dicor. The slide top does work well with the Springfield pedestal however.

Would be great if Lippert would offer the 4 way slide separately as Dicor once did. Will be interesting to see how much it is these days if they do. I think I paid $240 delivered.
Old 06-06-2022, 06:31 PM   #49
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
Seems that Lippert is selling the four-direction rotating table mechanism in Europe now. Maybe that could be a source for what used to be called "Dicor".
https://www.lippertcomponents.eu/galaxy

Here is a website that lists it for sale in Turkey (use translate to read) 12,281.23 TL is approx. $740.
https://www.kampkaravanmarket.com/li...pik-masa-ayagi

Here's another one in France.
https://www.h2r-equipements.com/pied...cosmo-due.html
Buellfire, the original owner of our E21C, found a used Dicor and installed it. So we are the beneficiaries of his enterprise. Folks who see it in our 'new' trailer are mightily impressed.
Old 06-06-2022, 09:19 PM   #50

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLynn View Post
Buellfire, the original owner of our E21C, found a used Dicor and installed it. So we are the beneficiaries of his enterprise. Folks who see it in our 'new' trailer are mightily impressed.
Hey, MrLynn, we sat at that very table for about an hour chatting with Shawn when he was our Escape Ambassador host. That’s a very cool dinette table indeed. Might have to find one of those too.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 12:26 AM   #51
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
IIRC, Lippert OWNS Dicor, but only markets that line in Europe, and only sells wholesale.

Someone on this forum a few years ago arranged a group buy. it was a huge pain, took forever, but a bunch of us got the dicor slider. I mated mine with a Springfield pedestal.

We generally like being able to move the table in two dimensions. The Dicor isn't quite as smooth moving as I expected it to be but its possible I mounted it slightly off square or something. And, the Springfield pedestal is prone to leaning if the weight on the table is offcenter. its mostly the upper/smaller clamp, if you release that clamp, hold the table straight, tighten the adjustment screw a fair bit, then reclamp it, it usually is good. But then the clamps are so tight, that if you want to lower the table top to bed height, you'll probably want to loosen the adjustment thumb nuts so it slides down easier.

I've never wanted to set it to any height other than the original full table height, and fully lowered for bed mode (twice in 3-4 years when we had a guest?).

on my 2014 E21 classic-classic, I don't have the raised floor in the dinette, and it turned out, I needed to add exactly 3.5" to the Springfield pedestal for the table to be at the optimal height, and so that when the Springfield is fully compressed, the table is flush with the benchtops for use a bed. I initially thought about putting this spacer under the pedestal, but then decided it would be easier to put between the top of the pedestal and the slider.

also the pedestal top was quite a bit too large for this application, so I cut it down, its a piece of fairly thick aluminum, I cut it down to 6x6" (I think?) with a fine tooth saw going slow, then dressed it with a coarse bastard then medium straight cut files to smooth the edges and corners. for the spacer, I used a pair of 6" pieces of 2x4 on edge (actually 1.5 x 3.5 x 6"). I used the wrong screws to secure this to the Springfield plate, I need to cut those off, and redo the spacer blocks and reattach it all. I think to do that, I'm going to have to remove the Dicor sliders from the bottom of the table.. funny how these projects expand their scope as you progress.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 06:16 AM   #52
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
IIRC, Lippert OWNS Dicor, but only markets that line in Europe, and only sells wholesale.

We generally like being able to move the table in two dimensions. The Dicor isn't quite as smooth moving as I expected it to be but its possible I mounted it slightly off square or something. And, the Springfield pedestal is prone to leaning if the weight on the table is offcenter. . .
Our Dicor was binding up in the side-to-side direction. I loosened a few random bolts underneath, and hit the tracks with silicone spray, and now it's sliding free.

We also have a Springfield pedestal (thankfully, because I use the bed a lot). I discovered that you have to get the table in just the right position (front-to-back and side-to-side) to easily get the top down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
. . . on my 2014 E21 classic-classic, I don't have the raised floor in the dinette, and it turned out, I needed to add exactly 3.5" to the Springfield pedestal for the table to be at the optimal height, and so that when the Springfield is fully compressed, the table is flush with the benchtops for use a bed. . .
The raised dinette floor took a little getting-used-to before we stopped tripping over it, but I can't imagine the 21 without it; the windows would be too high. Actually, I'd like to see larger windows and more loungy seats, but that's off-topic for this thread. Maybe the E23 with a little more width will have them.