Disappointing start with our new Escape - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2017, 08:34 AM   #101

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian and Sue View Post
OP? SORRY THIS POST HAS BEEN HYJACKED BY TRAILER REGISTRATION AND THE ORIGINAL SUBJECT IS NO LONGER RELEVANT....This is why people keep asking the same questions. With all the chatter off topic it is almost impossible to search posts unless you have the internet connection of the Flash and the patience of Job. How about a chat room for friends to "talk"? Or start a new post when the subject changes?
Yes, moderators have deleted posts and threads because of off topic chatter. In many instances they participate in them !
Old 12-21-2017, 09:36 AM   #102

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian and Sue View Post
OP? SORRY THIS POST HAS BEEN HYJACKED BY TRAILER REGISTRATION AND THE ORIGINAL SUBJECT IS NO LONGER RELEVANT....This is why people keep asking the same questions. With all the chatter off topic it is almost impossible to search posts unless you have the internet connection of the Flash and the patience of Job. How about a chat room for friends to "talk"? Or start a new post when the subject changes?

JUST CHATTER
I realize the topic has shifted from the OP, But it is Just a discussion, in a discussion forum I am Not sure if there needs to be a chat room. thats kinda what a discussion forum is. I already apologized for getting off topic . I know if I sit down at the campfire and we start having a discussion it will generally lead off the original topic. doesn't mean i going to get up and walk away. In the end its just a discussion do we really need to be 100% on topic.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:43 AM   #103

Trailer: 2018 5.0 TA
The topic has changed to the topic of changing topics. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drjenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 02:33 PM   #104

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
And the best poutine I ever had was from a food truck in St. John's NF! Something about those eastern Canadian spuds.

Back on topic: It is unfortunate that a brand new trailer developed a problem on its maiden trip, but of course that is what warranties are for. To avoid issues with cold weather and freezing in Nevada, the OP should be able to apply a temporary patch over the leaking section of tubing so that they can winterize the trailer with compressed air.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 03:06 PM   #105

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
And the best poutine I ever had was from a food truck in St. John's NF! Something about those eastern Canadian spuds.

Back on topic: It is unfortunate that a brand new trailer developed a problem on its maiden trip, but of course that is what warranties are for. To avoid issues with cold weather and freezing in Nevada, the OP should be able to apply a temporary patch over the leaking section of tubing so that they can winterize the trailer with compressed air.
Hi: Dave Walter... Ya... Newfoundlander's know the best "Dirt". A NFLD'r was banged up behind bars and his wife called to ask "When is it time to plant potato's. He told her to wait, then wrote her a note to say he buried his gun in the garden!!! Next day the Constabulary showed up with shovels and dug over the entire garden. No gun!!!
Next day he called her back... and said "Now is the time to plant potato's.
I bought 3 ft. of that hose to add a loop between the pump and the cold water pex line. Quietened the pump noise for under 10 bucks inc 2 S/S gear clamps. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 10:10 AM   #106

Trailer: 2017 19 Escape
Two comments about the original thread:
1. Sorry to hear of ur problem, especially a water leak, what a hassle. Kinda like being disappointed for some reason... on one’s honeymoon. Fortunately this type of experience is the exception,not the rule.
2. For future new Escape owners there is a nice little CG about a half a mile south of Bob’s Burgers where the Escape’s r delivered. Very convenient for the first night, especially if ur trying to beat nightfall.
I hope u enjoy ur Escape going forward. All the best.
Moaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 10:20 AM   #107

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19 on order
Back to the original problem get resolved or are they owners still awaiting a resolution?
Kingbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 01:23 PM   #108

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
We received the parts from ETI yesterday. Hope to have things back in order soon!
Old 12-27-2017, 01:24 PM   #109

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahuta View Post
We received the parts from ETI yesterday. Hope to have things back in order soon!
Great. Let us know how it goes.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 07:40 PM   #110

Trailer: 21' Escape Trailer (June 2018)
Moaboy
Good to know. Do you know the name of the campground 1/2 mile south of Bob's Burgers. Recently sold our 19' and will pick up a 21' early June.
Thanks,
Bob in Bend
Bob in Bend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 08:59 PM   #111

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Bend View Post
Moaboy
Good to know. Do you know the name of the campground 1/2 mile south of Bob's Burgers. Recently sold our 19' and will pick up a 21' early June.
Thanks,
Bob in Bend
Sumas RV Park
Home | Sumas RV Park
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 10:30 PM   #112

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Sumas RV Park
Home | Sumas RV Park
Bob, Make sure to bring your baseball glove. There’s a ballpark right next door!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 04:58 AM   #113

Trailer: Getting a 21NE early next year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Bend View Post
Moaboy
Thanks,
Bob in Bend
Sumas RV Park

Home | Sumas RV Park
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:41 PM   #114

Trailer: 2017 19 Escape
Sumas RV Park and Campground, Sumas, Washington 98295 - 9600 Easterbrook Rd, From Jct Hwy 9 & Hwy 547, go .25 mi S on Cherry (Easterbrook)., GPS: 48.98827, -122.26521

Lady who runs it was very pleasant and receptive to giving new Escapees pull thru sites if possible.
Moaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:49 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moaboy View Post
Sumas RV Park and Campground, Sumas, Washington 98295 - 9600 Easterbrook Rd, From Jct Hwy 9 & Hwy 547, go .25 mi S on Cherry (Easterbrook)., GPS: 48.98827, -122.26521

Lady who runs it was very pleasant and receptive to giving new Escapees pull thru sites if possible.

Thanks for the info, we are picking ours up in February and I’ll be using this park for a shake down for at least one night to fill the water tank etc, pretend we’re dry camping for a time also to make sure the water tank/pump/battery/inverter/propane on the fridge work as expected. Very convenient!

Old 12-29-2017, 06:11 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moaboy View Post

Thanks for the info, we are picking ours up in February and I’ll be using this park for a shake down for at least one night to fill the water tank etc, pretend we’re dry camping for a time also to make sure the water tank/pump/battery/inverter/propane on the fridge work as expected. Very convenient!

Old 01-07-2018, 11:24 PM   #117

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I think certain issues develop over time, which is why manufacturers offer warranties. It isn't necessarily a problem with quality control, since it may have been perfect when tested.
Of course, I can't say one way or the other.
There are two machine bolts that hold the arm of my favorite chair in place ( the one I'm sitting in ). One of those bolts keeps unscrewing itself for no apparent reason. I tightened it just the other day, and it's loose again tonight.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:15 AM   #118

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Disappointing start with our new Escape

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I think certain issues develop over time, which is why manufacturers offer warranties. It isn't necessarily a problem with quality control, since it may have been perfect when tested.
Of course, I can't say one way or the other.
There are two machine bolts that hold the arm of my favorite chair in place ( the one I'm sitting in ). One of those bolts keeps unscrewing itself for no apparent reason. I tightened it just the other day, and it's loose again tonight.

Glenn you need a tube of Locktite, this will definitely fix your problem.

Cheers
Doug
Old 01-08-2018, 12:43 PM   #119

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
Was the cause of the original hose failure ever found?
gmchamplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 01:08 PM   #120

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B SOLD
The Water Leak on the floor in our case was due to loose water heater screws on our 2nd camping trip.

Although very different from the above tube tear , one needs to tighten those Water Heater Screws periodically.

Hope the tear water leak faced by the OP must have got resolved by now & all is well.
disneydoc is offline   Reply With Quote