do you travel with table up? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-15-2020, 08:19 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
do you travel with table up?

on my 19 order i was going to get the Springfield base, but i getting second thought after finding out there is no way to remove it. I think getting into The drivers side bench would be a issue if you cant remove the table. I not getting the u shaped dinette so the rotating feature would not be of any help. We would probably never set up the bed. I starting to wonder if the stock double pole would be the better choice for us. Is the double pole sturdy enough for travel while set up.?
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 08:31 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 19'
We always leave ours up with no problem. I make sure that the slide part is locked.
McBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 08:45 PM   #3

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
I have the Springfield base and generally travel with it up. The table slides side to side so getting in an out is not an issue. One thing I did was add a t-bracket to the underside of the table. This allows me to get a secure positive lock on the slider during travel.

1st photo shows the table top slid to one side so one can see the T-bracket. This is also how it is installed.
2nd photo shows the top in locked position. Simple screw the thumb screw into the hole at the middle of the T.

(I'm slightly embarrassed that I did not install it exactly square. The important thing is that the hole lines up.)
Attached Thumbnails
6CD889AB-929E-4BF4-B83F-A27073C82F76.jpg   E5022D82-2775-4ED6-9CB4-9942FEF1468E.jpg  
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 09:42 PM   #4

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Ditto the above. We always travel with our Springfield up and locked side to side. Never an issue.
Old 04-16-2020, 06:27 AM   #5

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
There is really no need to get access to the driver's side as there is little room for storage. Your black tank is there as well as your electrical panel. Maybe 3 times a year is needed....you could always install an outside compartment also, either factory or after market.
Old 04-16-2020, 06:37 AM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Before I installed a Springfield Pedestal, I wanted to travel with the table up so I installed two straps with plastic buckle pieces using stainless steel footman loops to the rail which the lowered table sits upon. I tucked the straps under the cushions on either side when not in use. I still run the strap over the table top when traveling as it securely takes and side to side or front to back stress from inertia when hitting bumps, etc.

And the Springfield indeed is not easily removeable, but rotating the table and sliding the top allows adequate access to the inside of the bench. The standard pedestals always seemed to loosen and were, IMO, a PITA. My advice is that going with a Springfield or Lagun setup rather than the double pedestals is a no-brained.
Old 04-16-2020, 07:36 AM   #7

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
table

I must be in the minority we always stow the Springfield table down for travel ..If I have to work on batteries i just sit on table its seems strong enough . Although locking in place might be an easy solution also . BTW we have the big table it fits the whole area . JIm
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 09:47 AM   #8

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I have the Lagun table mount, and travel with the table up & rotated against the rear cushions & locked.
Old 04-16-2020, 11:12 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
I have the Lagun table mount, and travel with the table up & rotated against the rear cushions & locked.
We do as Jon (Vermilye) does. We have the Lagun mount, we travel with the table up, rotated to the rear then lowered onto a throw pillow placed between the rear cushion and the table, it is then locked into place.
Attached Thumbnails
3Lagun 6IMG_20200104_163729.jpg  
Old 04-16-2020, 11:52 AM   #10

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
We usually travel with the table up. However, there have been a few occasions when my daughter was along and had been sleeping in the front dinette, we did not bother putting the table up before leaving a site. We have never had any issues with the table "falling down" when we have traveled with it set up.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 02:29 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
We do as Jon (Vermilye) does. We have the Lagun mount, we travel with the table up, rotated to the rear then lowered onto a throw pillow placed between the rear cushion and the table, it is then locked into place.

wow i like the looks of that set up. is that the did you cut that table down? is that maple interior? That picture got me thinking I could probably do that set up in a 21 NE hmmm.
Old 04-16-2020, 02:47 PM   #12

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
wow i like the looks of that set up. is that the did you cut that table down? is that maple interior? That picture got me thinking I could probably do that set up in a 21 NE hmmm.
I thought you ordered an Escape 19? See post#1
Old 04-16-2020, 02:54 PM   #13

Quote:
Hi Michael, Surf this forum, lots of others have done this.

We had ETI cut all four corners of the table and we asked them not to add the mount to the floor. Following others on the forum I was able to plan materials ahead and I mounted the Lagun in Sumas the day after pickup. I haven't any experience with the Springfield but I can tell you that we love the Lagun setup.
Old 04-16-2020, 03:09 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I thought you ordered an Escape 19? See post#1
I did order a 19' but i would not be the first one to change my mind and up size .just thinking at this stage might not even be possible . I think the 21 might be to big for me, but when I add the options on my 19 list that come stock on the 21NE bigger fridge kitchen window u shaped . the price is not much more. so I trying to decide if I need a bigger table area .basically thats where most the extra room is on the 21NE
Old 04-16-2020, 03:13 PM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Decisions, decisions. Is it true the tongue weight on the 21 NE is 500 lbs. lighter? Could believe it without the bathroom/black tank up front as well as the bed.
Old 04-16-2020, 03:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Decisions, decisions. Is it true the tongue weight on the 21 NE is 500 lbs. lighter? Could believe it without the bathroom/black tank up front as well as the bed.

I love to know what the true tongue weight would be. it must had come in lighter as they didn't move the batteries to the back.
Old 04-16-2020, 05:07 PM   #17

Quote:
thats where most the extra room is on the 21NE
Not sure about some of the other dimensions which I would think will increase storeage BUT the most extra room that I would appreciate is the 4 inches wider aisle. People like that extra room!
Old 04-16-2020, 05:10 PM   #18

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
BUT the most extra room that I would appreciate is the 4 inches wider aisle. People like that extra room!

Give 'em an inch, they'll take a mile.
You already have something like 8 inches more than a classic 17B.
Old 04-16-2020, 05:36 PM   #19

Those of you with the Lagun table mount . can you still set up the u shaped dinette into a bed?
Old 04-16-2020, 05:49 PM   #20

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Not sure about some of the other dimensions which I would think will increase storeage BUT the most extra room that I would appreciate is the 4 inches wider aisle. People like that extra room!
And like Glenn says Ronn our 5.0TA seems very wide compared to our 5.0. That's because it is
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote