Dream Dinette - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2020, 05:40 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Dream Dinette

While looking at a Northern Lite camper video, the sales person demonstrated the “Dream Dinette” table and how it just pushed down into the bed position. This is not something that I have seen posted in my time on the forum, so it may be new to a few.

I like how there is no post on the floor which could be important to some with pets that like to stretch out in that area. Looks like it needs a flat front wall to be attached to, but I am sure that can be overcome if you are handy.

The first link is to a short video on the product. The second link is to the Northern Lites video where the sales man (at 10 mins in) shows the table sliding back and forth as well. The last link is to the retailer.

https://youtu.be/K8tvZdb1dVY

https://youtu.be/gtEcHHi43ms

https://casshudson.com/collections/dream-dinette

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:45 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
That could work with the regular dinette in the E19 or E21, but not the "U" set up. Pretty nifty...
Old 02-05-2020, 05:54 PM   #3

Definitely not for the U shape dinette but great for the regular dinette which you might have with kids and the need to lower it every night.
I see they also have an under window unit which would require less flat front to make.

Old 02-05-2020, 06:01 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I want Mikey to try it.
Takes up more knee room than my single post at front dinette ( small table ).
Not sure how stable the large dinette table would be ( lever principle ).
Old 02-08-2020, 12:59 PM   #5

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Variations on this design have been quite common in RVs of various types and sizes for many years... because they work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
Looks like it needs a flat front wall to be attached to, but I am sure that can be overcome if you are handy.
The wall also needs to be structurally suitable to support the table. Travel trailers traditionally had the wall prepared to support one end of the table, but not to take the entire load because the traditional tables (for convertible dinettes) had a leg to the floor.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 09:41 AM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
This is doable and I think Escape should take notice. Doesn't the parent company own Northern Lite and they can 1st hand discuss engineering and design potential?

If you look at the Classic Dream Dinette you can incorporate the base structure into a raised floor dinette and overcome the tabletop downward torque. If front wall support is needed to beef up the bending in slide frame you could attach to front wall. Ideas that come to mind are epoxying plywood stringer onto fibreglass wall, investigating strength of window frame. Another possibility is thru bolting front wall since with raised floor you are close to strength added by bellyband union. Bolts/washers if not totally pleasing could be disquised by addition of light, level, etc.

I'm in the building process for my raised dinette and this is a curveball. I was planning a Lagun but now this comes along to torment a brain that's into mod overload.
ChuckBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 11:39 AM   #7

Chuck you could attach the unit that is made for under window applications to a well built magazine rack. The vertical front of that which attaches to the floor and the bench on each side would do the trick. The magazine rack front may have to be higher making it deeper than normal...but I would just put in a removable false floor for storing some important papers etc underneath. I would attach the lower front of the magazine rack as close to the trailer wall as possible using a strip of aluminium angle screwed to the floor. This way it only takes up an inch of foot room. As the trailer wall moves out there will be plenty of room for the books. You could use some thick plywood for the structure but drill out 3 inch holes behind the plate they use if you are concerned about weight.

Old 02-09-2020, 03:10 PM   #8

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Yes that is possible and probably if I would be concerned about routine use of dinette for a bed I would go this way. I think Escape should provide as an option since plenty of users look at the 2nd bed capability.

I am going back to the Lagun since it works better for our day to day use. Table can be moved and swivelled and this works not only for lounging, dining but also to move away from centre to get at upper cupboards/shelf, opening benches and electronics.
ChuckBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:41 PM   #9

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Years ago Escape offered a wall mount table as stock in the 19 and 21 models, it was mounted to the wall and swung down to make a bed. It had one leg attached that swung up when lowering. For some reason they stopped offering that option and went with the double pedestal table. Here is a similar picture
Attached Thumbnails
OIP.ew4edSn-tBR2WrbceXBm4AHaFj.jpeg  
Old 02-10-2020, 02:34 AM   #10

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Years ago Escape offered a wall mount table as stock in the 19 and 21 models, it was mounted to the wall and swung down to make a bed. It had one leg attached that swung up when lowering. For some reason they stopped offering that option and went with the double pedestal table. Here is a similar picture

That's the one we have, and like it a lot. Very easy to fold the leg and lower to bed position. Our one leg is 1"x1"± metal (not a pipe or tube like the photo).

I did have to remount the leg after it got kicked, and pulled some screws. The top of the leg assembly is now bolted to a larger piece of sheet metal which is in turn screwed to the table bottom.
Here's ours:
Attached Thumbnails
9-10-15--094.jpg  
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 08:52 AM   #11

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
That is also the same table mounts that we have in the 15B. I like how easy/simple it is to lower the table to form the bed and back up again.
Attached Thumbnails
table.jpg  

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote