Dual Maxx Fans - over kill ? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2015, 11:31 PM   #41

Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota 4Runner 2019
A/C

Really not understanding the extended discussion here. If you don't need A/C then order without but make sure it is A/C ready. Then if your unit languishes (unlikely) you can get it installed and put it back on the market. I just sold a 17B without A/C with no problem there were lots of interested parties. Just my two bits.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:36 PM   #42

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
...Get the outside shower tho!
I just saw an Airstream video for one of the new Bambis and instead of an external shower there was an access door so you could reach in and grab the interior shower handle and pull it out through the port and still access the taps.

This would get around the winterizing issues sometimes reported. I wonder if the operable window some have installed in the bath could provide access to get the shower head outside if the screen were removed?

Regards,

Matt
Old 10-05-2015, 11:40 PM   #43

Trailer: 2016 19 / Toyota 4Runner 2019
outside shower

One of the best options I chose for my trailer. Works well for lots of other functions besides showering. Nice to have a convenient outside water supply. This and exterior propane are musts for me.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:40 PM   #44

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by memobug View Post
I just saw an Airstream video for one of the new Bambis and instead of an external shower there was an access door so you could reach in and grab the interior shower handle and pull it out through the port and still access the taps.

This would get around the winterizing issues sometimes reported. I wonder if the operable window some have installed in the bath could provide access to get the shower head outside if the screen were removed?

Regards,

Matt
What a great idea! Also helps solve the privacy issue with the street-side external shower. Going to look for means to extend the inside shower hose. You can turn on the faucet and have the slide closed on the shower head.

Someone asked why you should turn the pump off. One reason is because you forgot to turn the outside shower faucets off completely because you were in a hurry to get out of the cold. Don't ask how I know my wife did that
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:57 PM   #45

Trailer: SOLD 2016 Classic 21ft - SOLD 2016 Ram 1500 tug - ORDERED Van Replacement
Hi Cathy, your resell point is valid as some people get much satisfaction trading not just RVs but automobiles and homes. With that lifestyle it seems they get what they think others would like for when sales time comes along. Under those circumstances your advice is solid. I think I would be doing the same if that were our lifestyle too.

Reality for some of us is that we always get pretty much what we like, enjoy to it's fullest not caring what someone else wants and just plain keep it. This is true for our home, car and RV. There are savings in keeping something for the duration of it's designed lifetime.
We like to satisfy ourselves first and not care what others would want should we have to sell. When we do sell, except for real estate, the value of the automobile, boat or RV would be small. In short, we love things we get and with few exceptions keep them.

We think the Escape shell is beautiful and in addition to us not being AC people, having it mounted on the roof detracts from the shell's sleek beauty. Maybe if if was integrated within the cabin space it might be different story. By the way, we have declined the awning as well. RV blasphemy ... I know.

Thank you Cathy
Old 10-06-2015, 12:08 AM   #46

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Talk about blasphemy: the front box detracts from the sleekness so I can appreciate that idea on the A/C but there is no way many would do without that box. Once we were used to using it, had to have it on the next one.

As for the awning, our 19' would definitely not have sold to our buyers without it. That was one of their big requirements. As for us, we have almost never used the awning. But we still want one for those rare times that we need it.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:16 AM   #47

Trailer: SOLD 2016 Classic 21ft - SOLD 2016 Ram 1500 tug - ORDERED Van Replacement
Cathy, I can enthusiastically tell you that without all the graphics, your trailer looks absolutely beautiful and I want to thank you for showing us how one looks in real life, well in photos is close enough. Don't need to tell you that we are following your lead and will do same. We would like to have the manufacturer's name on the back, their website and the fact that Scamps are made in Minnesota .

Wait, wrong forum.

I meant Escape and made in beautiful British Columbia.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:34 AM   #48

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
We deploy our awning all the time. Here in the NorthWet it does a great job of keeping camp chairs etc. dry. I fold them up and lean them against the trailer, under the awning.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:38 AM   #49

We actually are putting quite a few graphics, however, they are "ours" not Escapes. We now have one little "Escape" at front driver's side just to ID the trailer for when parked because the tire cover on the back cannot be seen. We never intended to have a bare trailer and now have "Floating Cloud" and some little trees on the front. "Made in British Columbia" will probably be on the back shortly. We also have maps on the door side at front and they get a lot of attention.

But our main graphics to replace Escape graphics are stripes that are from 3M that we have, but have not put on yet. We are looking at exactly what placement. I do like the white or gray belly band better than the black.

I did not like our 19' when we removed graphics to replace them, however, the 21' has looked better with no graphics than the 19' did. Not sure why. Anyway, if we put the stripes and don't like them, we can always take them off. We wanted a change so we are doing our own thing.

If yours is nearly bare, no doubt it will look good though.

We have been to about all states and to other provinces but the maps are just what we have done with the Escapes in the last four years.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 10-06-2015, 12:39 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
We deploy our awning all the time. Here in the NorthWet it does a great job of keeping camp chairs etc. dry. I fold them up and lean them against the trailer, under the awning.
That is interesting that you use yours for the rain. We didn't even think of that. We figure we need the awning once in a great while for sun.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:05 AM   #51

Another photo of no graphics for you.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 10-06-2015, 01:07 AM   #52

And with maps for any interested.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 10-06-2015, 09:15 AM   #53

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
By the way, we have declined the awning as well. RV blasphemy ... I know.
I know it is different with everyone, and many do not use their awning much, but I consider it to be one of the most basic of needs for a trailer. Shade, cooling was we never had A/C, and protection from precipitation allowing us to enjoy the outdoors more. It is not real pretty, but is a huge part of our camping style.

We all have differing needs, that's for sure.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:28 AM   #54

Hi Jim,

No question it's a very popular RV item.

When we had it we hardly used it. More trouble than what it was worth for us.
I think that taking relatively short trips due to having to work with just two to three weeks vacation kept us pretty much in the western states and when in the northwest it was often in the summer. We didn't hang out at campsite. If not sightseeing in the area, it was day long hiking. Many years from now assuming we slow down that could change.

When I retire in fourteen months I can see spending a lot more time relaxing between spots. Constant drizzle would be the only time I can justify an awning and if I felt I wanted to be outside in the "patio". We have covered patio at home and stay inside when it rains or drizzles.

We will have in back of truck a folding canopy should we need protection from the elements. I doubt it will get much use based on past experience. When not raining and we are outside, I like to see sky and/or trees over our heads.

If we see a real need years from now. I will install a canopy of a design that I select and will meet our needs at that time. Never say never. I am picky when it comes to quality, well performing, durable component design.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:37 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
Thank you Cathy,

A picture is worth a thousand words.

It always seemed to me that the standard Maxx Fan was up front at the foot of the bed.
This shows it more centrally located. I also see that the alternate fan location will be over the front half of the AC. Very useful information for me, thanks for posting that.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:56 AM   #56

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Santiago,

No A/C, no awning? You rebel you.
World would be no fun at all if we all marched to the same drummer.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:06 PM   #57

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
Hi Jim,

No question it's a very popular RV item.

When we had it we hardly used it. More trouble than what it was worth for us.
I think that taking relatively short trips due to having to work with just two to three weeks vacation kept us pretty much in the western states and when in the northwest it was often in the summer. We didn't hang out at campsite. If not sightseeing in the area, it was day long hiking. Many years from now assuming we slow down that could change.

When I retire in fourteen months I can see spending a lot more time relaxing between spots. Constant drizzle would be the only time I can justify an awning and if I felt I wanted to be outside in the "patio". We have covered patio at home and stay inside when it rains or drizzles.

We will have in back of truck a folding canopy should we need protection from the elements. I doubt it will get much use based on past experience. When not raining and we are outside, I like to see sky and/or trees over our heads.

If we see a real need years from now. I will install a canopy of a design that I select and will meet our needs at that time. Never say never. I am picky when it comes to quality, well performing, durable component design.
I find the Escape supplied canopy to be of quite high quality and very simple to deploy. By myself, it typically takes about 1min to go through the entire deployment process. We use our canopy nearly every trip. It works great to provide a cooling shade in stifling desert heat, and provides great protection in those tropical downpours that many places experience. The canopy helps to expand the usable living space offered by your trailer. Many people leave their canopies open at night or when away from their trailer, but I prefer to roll ours up when I am not around. Over the years, I have seen too many freak wind storms come up suddenly, and would hate to have our canopy damaged when I am not around to furl it up.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:07 PM   #58

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
What Greg said. ^^^

Did ETI credit you Santiago or just a straight delete? Any blocking on the inside for future mounting?
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 12:20 PM   #59

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Perhaps an added benefit on the 17 is that the awning shades the fridge side of the trailer.
On mine, it's also the support system for the screen room.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:36 PM   #60

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
Hi Cathy I noticed your solar on your roof . It looks like 4 feet attaching instead of a rail? Did Escape install that way ? Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote