E23 Floorplan Sneek Peeks - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2020, 11:36 PM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
While RV manufacturers are known for using standard names for random sizes, a normal Queen is a few inches longer than a twin.
twin: 38" wide by 75" long
Queen: 60" wide by 80" long
Yep, a Twin XL is 80" long.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 01:36 AM   #22

Trailer: 2018 -21-picked up in May 2019 / 2018 F 150 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
As I posted in the Facebook group: "Wonder why the bath is different between #1 and #2. Whether a queen or two twins, the beds should be the same length."
My guess is they wanted the queen and Murphy beds to be walk around whereas that is not needed with the twin bed?
Hard to tell by those views but is that a dry bath?
yangstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 05:56 AM   #23

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by yangstyle View Post
My guess is they wanted the queen and Murphy beds to be walk around whereas that is not needed with the twin bed?
Yes, On the ETI web site under products / what’s new for 2020: “ 23’ – A new design for Escape. A walk around queen bed and a dry bath”
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 07:13 AM   #24

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
ETI will need to be very careful with axle placement, tank and battery locations for adequate tongue weight. The layout with front beds is very similar to the early 25B21FB front bed Bigfoots that had major sway issues. Their solution was 275# ballast (weight plates) added to the tongue.
Old 04-10-2020, 07:40 AM   #25

Trailer: In the market for a 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
Copied this from Facebook, looks like it disappeared from the ETI website.
Well that was a quite a tease. Thank you David for posting the floorplans. I favor a front bed because it's a safety issue. When we travel we often park for the night and I don't like the idea of someone being able to rear end our trailer while we're sleeping. Also, the kitchen's in the right place for me because most park spots have the driver's side towards the neighbors. I'd much rather have a view towards our "picnic" area while I am cooking. These dimensions shown are not exact but how nice to see what they're working on.
TurtleBunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 11:17 AM   #26
Escape Trailer Industries

Trailer: All of them
oh man, you guys are quick off the mark, that page on the website was open for a nano second. OK, so you have seen a 'real' sneak peak. I am working on the actual landing page, text, and a way to have you all collaborate with us with ideas/suggestions/critique etc.
Karl@Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 11:28 AM   #27

Trailer: Escape 21 2019
Very exciting!! Thanks Karl
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 11:38 AM   #28

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Fun, will enjoy the journey.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 02:48 PM   #29

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Sure, that's one of the "make up a size" descriptions, like "RV Queen" (60"x75"). Was the twin floorplan described as having "Twin XL" beds, or just "twin"? Was the queen plan "Queen", or "RV Queen"?
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 02:53 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
ETI will need to be very careful with axle placement, tank and battery locations for adequate tongue weight. The layout with front beds is very similar to the early 25B21FB front bed Bigfoots that had major sway issues. Their solution was 275# ballast (weight plates) added to the tongue.
All true, but the Bigfoot 25B21FB has a rearward side door, forcing the wheels and axles forward, while the Escape 23' plans shown have a forward side door, forcing the wheels and axles rearward. It shouldn't be a problem.
Old 04-10-2020, 03:08 PM   #31

Whatever the description of the beds, it is apparent in the floor plan images that the kitchen and door are the same in all three variants, and #1 (queen) has a longer bed than #2 (twin beds).

Back to the original question:
Quote:
Wonder why the bath is different between #1 and #2.
To accommodate the longer bed and allow people to walk around it, #1 and #3 (queen and Murphy) have the bathroom shifted further back (at the expense of closet width). The bath is also flipped front-to-back (compared to #2, twin), presumably so that the little extra corner can be beside the toilet where it can be combined with some extra space taken from the vanity to form a cabinet, perhaps opening to the bedroom.
Old 04-10-2020, 03:12 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by yangstyle View Post
Yes, the shower is unfortunately rendered as a white box (open into the bathroom) with a top, so it is hard to recognize as a shower.

This feature alone keeps me from being interested. A too-small-to-use shower plus a really cramped toilet area takes more space than a more usable wet bath... which is why wet baths exist. I realize that to many people, keeping the toilet and sink area dry is more important, and only the smallest RVs resort to the wet bath design.
Old 04-10-2020, 03:14 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
In the meantime, keep on having fun with the guessing game, lordy knows many need something to pass the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl@Escape View Post
oh man, you guys are quick off the mark, that page on the website was open for a nano second. OK, so you have seen a 'real' sneak peak. I am working on the actual landing page, text, and a way to have you all collaborate with us with ideas/suggestions/critique etc.
So it appears that the floor plans are real - not premature, and not a guess - so the discussion seems appropriate to me. I'm sure that Karl and his crew can read this thread for content as well as whatever is being set up.
Old 04-10-2020, 03:19 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Is that an inaccessible u-shape dinette at the back?
The rendering is a bit awkward, making the table edge look like it protrudes past the front side of the dinette, but I assume that it is flush. This is a problem with many small trailer designs, and the clipped table corners are critical for access. My guess is that a laterally sliding table top is provided to people can get into one side at a time, as long as anyone on the other side can suck the tummy in enough.
Old 04-10-2020, 03:28 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdColorado View Post
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Abe Lincoln
That's possibly from the poet John Lydgate, in the fifteenth century, or it may be from later writers (still before Lincoln) but it's still valid.

Later versions replaced "please" with "fool"... appropriate for politicians and showmen. The "fool" version is often attributed to Abraham Lincoln and to P.T. Barnum, although Lincoln probably never said it. Of course no one is trying to fool anyone in this case, and it is the "please" version which is relevant. Escape is offering additional trailer sizes and layouts to please more potential owners.
Old 04-10-2020, 05:13 PM   #36
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Sure, that's one of the "make up a size" descriptions, like "RV Queen" (60"x75"). Was the twin floorplan described as having "Twin XL" beds, or just "twin"? Was the queen plan "Queen", or "RV Queen"?
Twin XL is hardly a made up description/name. It's an actual mattress size and is used to buy fitted sheets for a 80" twin bed. Like California King.
Attached Thumbnails
MattressSizes.png  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 06:59 PM   #37

Trailer: ?
Quote:
Yes, the shower is unfortunately rendered as a white box (open into the bathroom) with a top, so it is hard to recognize as a shower.

This feature alone keeps me from being interested. A too-small-to-use shower plus a really cramped toilet area takes more space than a more usable wet bath... which is why wet baths exist. I realize that to many people, keeping the toilet and sink area dry is more important, and only the smallest RVs resort to the wet bath design.
Our most recent 24' Class C had a small semi-dry bath. The sink was built into the wall of the shower stall. The shower/sink stall measured 24.5" x 36". The toilet was just inside the bathroom door but in the dry portion of the room. Can't find the width measurement of that area but it wasn't much wider than the toilet but It contained a decent size medicine cabinet. It was the same 36" length which gives plenty of knee room for the tall folks. Having a dry area gives a nice place to hang up cloths while using the shower.

The shower was cozy but workable.

Here is the floor plan showing the bathroom I described.

Lazy Daze - Floor Plans

Overall, the RV had a great floor plan with virtually no wasted space. In the rear are the twin beds/couches with a drop-down table. The beds can be pulled together to make a king. Like one of the Escape models.
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 07:11 PM   #38

Trailer: 2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA
What I did with my 2012 5.0 was to use a full size shower curtain and install hooks around the back of the toilet and the outside wall. The curtain then covers the toilet and back side of the outside wall so they don't get wet. A quick swipe of the other walls and the floor and you're good to go.
Barry

2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA / 2017 F150, 2.7 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercab
Former trailers: 2005 Escape 17B / 1972 Boler 13'
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 08:27 PM   #39

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Twin XL is hardly a made up description/name. It's an actual mattress size and is used to buy fitted sheets for a 80" twin bed. Like California King.
Often found in college dorm rooms...
Old 04-10-2020, 08:59 PM   #40
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
The bed on the existing 21 is a Full XL, 53" width of a Full, 80" length of a Queen, but with one corner rounded, and another corner snipped off.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote