E23 Floorplan Sneek Peeks - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2020, 10:55 PM   #41

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Twin XL is hardly a made up description/name. It's an actual mattress size and is used to buy fitted sheets for a 80" twin bed. Like California King.
Yep, and there are lots more as well, depending on whatever the manufacturer or retailer wants to make or sell or label it. The same name can correspond to different sizes from different manufacturers, even if they are shown on nice diagrams.
The point is that the floor plan image didn't give a specific mattress size, so dimensions of the Escape 23' beds are (for now) only guesses. The relative size is visible in the plan, and the twins (whatever kind of twin they might be) are shorter than the wider bed (queen or whatever kind of queen it might be)... which leads to an explanation of the features that you were asking about, Donna. The "queen" and Murphy beds are longer and need walk-around space, and so the bathroom is pushed back. The "queen" and Murphy beds have walk-around space, so the bathroom is arranged to use a corner of the bedroom space for a closet.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 11:01 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdColorado;331175Our most recent 24' Class C had a small semi-dry bath. The sink was built into the wall of the shower stall. The shower/sink stall measured 24.5" x 36". The toilet was just inside the bathroom door but in the dry portion of the room. Can't find the width measurement of that area but it wasn't much wider than the toilet but It contained a decent size medicine cabinet. It was the same 36" length which gives plenty of knee room for the tall folks. Having a dry area gives a nice place to hang up cloths while using the shower.

The shower was cozy but workable.

Here is the floor plan showing the bathroom I described.

[URL
http://www.lazydaze.com/Floorplans/235tkb.htm[/URL]
Lazy Daze - Floor Plans
That's an interesting and creative compromise.
Old 04-11-2020, 07:45 AM   #43

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
So it appears that the floor plans are real - not premature, and not a guess - so the discussion seems appropriate to me. I'm sure that Karl and his crew can read this thread for content as well as whatever is being set up.
Oh, absolutely. There should not be a problem letting people have fun though. It can't just be me that enjoys that.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 09:13 AM   #44

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
The bed on the existing 21 is a Full XL, 53" width of a Full, 80" length of a Queen, but with one corner rounded, and another corner snipped off.
Which begs the question - how do you install a queen size murphy bed 80" long in a trailer such that it doesn't hit the ceiling? My 21' has a 6' 3" or 75" high ceiling. For a queen murphy bed, it would have to be at least 80" - maybe more due to the pivot on the bed and framing.

Maybe I missed it somewhere but what is the ceiling height for the 23' going to be?
Old 04-11-2020, 11:07 AM   #45

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Personally I have never seen a trailer with a front bed that was anywhere near 80 inches long...and to me that is a minimum.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 11:16 AM   #46

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
Personally I have never seen a trailer with a front bed that was anywhere near 80 inches long...and to me that is a minimum.
Ed, you have me confused. My 21' has a full XL front bed that is 80" long.
Old 04-11-2020, 02:18 PM   #47

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I will clarify...I have never been in a stick trailer with a walk around or Murphy bed that is 80 inches long.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 03:02 PM   #48

Trailer: ?
Personal privacy

Another consideration when living in a very compact space is getting a little personal privacy.

Looking at the attached floor plan, just being the bathroom area is a zigzag line. That's a folding accordion door/curtain . It serves two functions.

When someone is using the shower, you close the curtain. This makes for a large dressing area so you're not doing contortions in a tiny bathroom trying to get dressed.

In addition, two people sometimes have different sleep habits. By closing the curtain, light from one end, and to some degree sound, doesn't disturb the person at the other end.

Might be worth consideration with the new design. Could also be adapted to existing units if so desired.
Attached Thumbnails
235tkb1.jpg  
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 03:16 PM   #49

Trailer: Searching
I thought you were referring to fiberglass, as I haven’t found many with walk-around queens.. There are many stick trailers with either Murphy or fixed walk-around 60x80 queens. Lance is a brand that we looked closely at. Lance alone has 8 models that have residential, walk-around queen beds. Regardless, I’m sold on the fiberglass construction.
tgunter101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 12:50 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
I will clarify...I have never been in a stick trailer with a walk around or Murphy bed that is 80 inches long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgunter101 View Post
There are many stick trailers with either Murphy or fixed walk-around 60x80 queens.
Yes, there are lots... but those trailers tend to be quite large, with at least 96" (2.4 m) overall width. They often have slide-outs in the bedroom, so they can have both the walk-around bed and cabinets along at least one side wall. Lots of length is needed, too, for the bed length plus walk-around space at the end (for longitudinal bed orientation) or bed width plus walk-around space on each side (for lateral bed orientation).

My guess is that the general desire is not for an Escape that wide, and certainly not for an Escape with slide-outs, so it's not surprising that the plan has no cabinets beside the bed. The planned Escape "23 foot" only has about 20 feet of body length, which is on the short end for a walk-around queen bed.
Old 04-15-2020, 10:26 AM   #51

Trailer: None yet
I like all 3 designs! All better than the previous travel trailer models produced by them, at least for me.

I wonder what you would lose by going with the murphy bed over the conventional queen sized bed? Is it less comfy? More weight at the tongue?
yhbae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 10:31 AM   #52
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhbae View Post
I like all 3 designs! All better than the previous travel trailer models produced by them, at least for me.

I wonder what you would lose by going with the murphy bed over the conventional queen sized bed? Is it less comfy? More weight at the tongue?
The biggest NO for me when it comes to that model, is you seriously lose a LOT of storage space. The trailer would become a weekender, because all that space (under the bed) is gone.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 10:35 AM   #53

Trailer: None yet
Quote:
The biggest NO for me when it comes to that model, is you seriously lose a LOT of storage space. The trailer would become a weekender, because all that space (under the bed) is gone.
That's a good point!
yhbae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 11:21 AM   #54

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
And, since you need to clear the under bed space each time you want to use it, what are you going to put there?
Old 04-15-2020, 11:53 AM   #55

Trailer: In the market for a 23
Quote:
I thought that too Donna. I like the walk around front bed with storage under. I'd like to see an option where they made the dinette smaller and put cabinets on each side of the dinette. I see this model as perfect for a couple, maybe 1 or 2 grandchildren but only a couple using it most of the time. It would also make it more attractive to the full timers that way.
TurtleBunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 11:55 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBunky View Post
I favor a front bed because it's a safety issue. When we travel we often park for the night and I don't like the idea of someone being able to rear end our trailer while we're sleeping.
Does anyone else feel safer sleeping in a front bed model?
Old 04-15-2020, 12:10 PM   #57

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Never even crossed my mind. I can say I would be more worried about trees/ large branches falling in a dense campground than being rear-ended by a vehicle. I guess it depends on where you overnight the most. This is a picture of what a tree can do.
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2020, 12:37 PM   #58

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
Quote:
🤔I have never camped any place that I would be concerned about getting rear ended. Do you mean like in a parking lot?
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 01:28 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotch View Post
🤔I have never camped any place that I would be concerned about getting rear ended. Do you mean like in a parking lot?
Yes, when traveling not in the campground. We helped with hurricanes Katrina and Rita and often parked on the side of the road and in those picnic rest stops or in a diagonal 18 wheeler spots. We had a rear bed model and I had trouble sleeping anywhere where someone could easily rear end us. Driving the highways so much we saw many rear end accidents and in rest stops too. Seeing those accidents stuck with me. But I am very safety conscious anyway. I guess it's not something most think about but I sleep better in the front with the truck hitched.
Old 04-15-2020, 01:47 PM   #60

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
Quote:
Yes, when traveling not in the campground. We helped with hurricanes Katrina and Rita and often parked on the side of the road and in those picnic rest stops or in a diagonal 18 wheeler spots. We had a rear bed model and I had trouble sleeping anywhere where someone could easily rear end us. Driving the highways so much we saw many rear end accidents and in rest stops too. Seeing those accidents stuck with me. But I am very safety conscious anyway. I guess it's not something most think about but I sleep better in the front with the truck hitched.
We have over nighted at Walmart and Cracker Barrel parking lots and never had a problem finding what I’d consider a safe place to park. Don’t think I’d even park anywhere I thought we’d get hit. And if you’re worried about getting hit by a tractor trailer in an Escape, front bedroom or back , I don’t see making a big difference.
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote