E23 Floorplan Sneek Peeks - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2020, 03:21 PM   #61

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBunky View Post
Yes, when traveling not in the campground. We helped with hurricanes Katrina and Rita and often parked on the side of the road and in those picnic rest stops or in a diagonal 18 wheeler spots. We had a rear bed model and I had trouble sleeping anywhere where someone could easily rear end us. Driving the highways so much we saw many rear end accidents and in rest stops too. Seeing those accidents stuck with me. But I am very safety conscious anyway. I guess it's not something most think about but I sleep better in the front with the truck hitched.
It is pretty easy to use your 7-pin lead plugged into a female 7-pin receptacle mounted somewhere on your trailer to turn on all the running lights on your trailer. It is a pretty low draw on the battery since all the lights are LED. See how to do this on this thread.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tug-10518.html

This adds a significant margin of safety in those situations you described as your rig is lit up like a Christmas tree!

These photos show how I did this on my 5.0. (Of course the lights are more dramatic in the dark.)
Attached Thumbnails
A3557403-CBDA-4AD0-A6AC-48940BF058CE.jpg   FCC311AC-3800-44F1-A205-565FAADB3E94_1_201_a.jpg  
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 03:33 PM   #62

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
That is exactly why I leave the trailer tail and running lights on at night, for visibility reasons and safety. We usually stop at a rest area and have to park with the big boys, they usually leave their parking lights on, so do we.
Old 04-15-2020, 04:50 PM   #63

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
Which begs the question - how do you install a queen size murphy bed 80" long in a trailer such that it doesn't hit the ceiling? My 21' has a 6' 3" or 75" high ceiling. For a queen murphy bed, it would have to be at least 80" - maybe more due to the pivot on the bed and framing.
The obvious answer is "you don't". At this point we are only seeing the floor plan images, without dimensions, specifications, or description; was the Murphy bed ever claimed to be queen-sized? I've seen Murphy beds in RVs, but I don't know if any of them were full queen length (80").
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 06:46 PM   #64

Trailer: Searching
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdf-texas View Post
Which begs the question - how do you install a queen size murphy bed 80" long in a trailer such that it doesn't hit the ceiling? My 21' has a 6' 3" or 75" high ceiling. For a queen murphy bed, it would have to be at least 80" - maybe more due to the pivot on the bed and framing.

Maybe I missed it somewhere but what is the ceiling height for the 23' going to be?
I saw a Class B that had a king Murphy bed that was a full 80” long. The foam mattress was hinged up near the head of the bed so that the full length of the bed did not fold up against the wall. And the bed was against a side wall, not length-wise. The creative use of space is one of the things that fascinates me about the RV industry!
tgunter101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 08:26 AM   #65

Trailer: In the market for a 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by arniesea View Post
This adds a significant margin of safety in those situations you described as your rig is lit up like a Christmas tree!
Thanks Arnie, I saw your original post and thought that the extra lighting was such a good idea. We'll do that in ours.
TurtleBunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 08:29 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
That is exactly why I leave the trailer tail and running lights on at night, for visibility reasons and safety. We usually stop at a rest area and have to park with the big boys, they usually leave their parking lights on, so do we.
Thanks Jim. We do the same and have extra reflective tape on the rear of our trailer. Glad to know others are safety conscious too.
Old 04-16-2020, 08:38 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotch View Post
We have over nighted at Walmart and Cracker Barrel parking lots and never had a problem finding what I’d consider a safe place to park. Don’t think I’d even park anywhere I thought we’d get hit. And if you’re worried about getting hit by a tractor trailer in an Escape, front bedroom or back , I don’t see making a big difference.
Yes, it's no problem at Walmart and Cracker Barrel. Sometimes a safe place is harder to find. You're right, I have seen plenty of tree damage and know even a branch can total a trailer. I don't expect a tractor trailer to hit us at full speed but if it happened I rather be injured than dead. Thanks for your input.
Old 04-16-2020, 03:16 PM   #68

Trailer: None yet
Any news on the holding tank sizes?
yhbae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 04:18 PM   #69

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhbae View Post
Any news on the holding tank sizes?
I'm curious, is the tank size a selling point or what?
Old 04-16-2020, 04:33 PM   #70

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by arniesea View Post
It is pretty easy to use your 7-pin lead plugged into a female 7-pin receptacle mounted somewhere on your trailer to turn on all the running lights on your trailer. It is a pretty low draw on the battery since all the lights are LED.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBunky View Post
Thanks Arnie, I saw your original post and thought that the extra lighting was such a good idea. We'll do that in ours.
You don't need anything elaborate to do this (like an expensive vehicle side 7-way plug with jumper wiring). Just unplug from your tow vehicle and place a 15A fuse in between the top two pins on the trailer side plug. This bridges the 12V+ black (backfeed from trailer battery) and the running lights (green). It works. I know because I have done it.
Attached Thumbnails
rv running light hack.JPG  
Old 04-16-2020, 04:47 PM   #71

Trailer: None yet
Quote:
I'm hoping that the larger models will have larger tanks. Larger tanks for me, is one of the selling points.
yhbae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 05:32 PM   #72

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:

The tank size was a selling point for me on the 5.0TA. If they had been 20, like the black was going to be, I would have passed on it.
Old 04-16-2020, 06:02 PM   #73

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
You don't need anything elaborate to do this (like an expensive vehicle side 7-way plug with jumper wiring). Just unplug from your tow vehicle and place a 15A fuse in between the top two pins on the trailer side plug. This bridges the 12V+ black (backfeed from trailer battery) and the running lights (green). It works. I know because I have done it.
True, but not nearly as much fun as doing it the hard way.

- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 07:08 PM   #74
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
they are if you boondock much.

I dry camp at various astronomy events and music festivals, and can easily go a week using the tanks on my 21', thats good enough for me.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 07:27 PM   #75

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
For me, I don't really worry too much about the fresh water tank size, and just haul extra in the bed of the truck on occasions I need more. These containers are also great went needing to pick up some more during a long stay or in the boondocks.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 08:31 PM   #76
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
I haul 5-10 gallons of drinking water in water cooler style carboys, my trailer water is for washing, flushing, showers.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 08:49 PM   #77

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
I haul 5-10 gallons of drinking water in water cooler style carboys, my trailer water is for washing, flushing, showers.
Ditto that; very picky with drinking water.
Old 04-16-2020, 09:02 PM   #78

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19'
For those who wonder why the bathroom shower placement differs between the queen and twin bed setup, the queen is designed to give space to walk around the bed. With 2 twins, you have access to the beds from the middle, so the foot of one twin backs up to the wall of the shower. Hope this helps.
goturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 09:06 PM   #79
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by goturner View Post
Comparing the two models, the queen is designed to walk around the bed. With 2 twins, you have access to the beds from the middle, so the foot of one twin backs up to the wall of the shower. Hope this helps, as it does make sense to me.
Makes sense, but still a lousy layout IMHO. Makes the bed hard to make. I'd rather have the extra space at the foot of the twin, than one side of the dinette. YMMV.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 10:26 PM   #80

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
Add another ditto Too ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote