Earliest Completion Date - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2021, 06:09 PM   #21

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I would imagine the logistics and trying to keep people happy is a nightmare for ETI.
No doubt about that.
Old 01-30-2021, 06:47 PM   #22

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Seems like there's an assumption that only one person makes a deposit on any given date. Heck you may have 10 people ahead of you on YOUR deposit date. Too maybe they contact everyone in order, but some wait a week or more to respond and by that time YOU have moved up and they did, but barely and now they're upset.
Hi Donna. You don't actually have to do anything with the new ECD. You just get an email telling you what it is, and that's it. You commit to the date (or reject it) later on when they start the build spec.

Based on two of us in this thread (and I'd love to see more people post their data, it looks very strongly as if ETI is offering new ECD's based on current build date, and not deposit date.

Member - Deposit Date - Current Build Date - New ECD
Camp4528 - 10/2/20 - 4/1/22 - 10/15/21
Me - 10/16-20 - 3/1/22 - 9/29/21

Quote:
Plus your trailer must slide into the production schedule by build type. I would imagine the logistics and trying to keep people happy is a nightmare for ETI.
I suppose this could explain how my ECD moved ahead of Camp4528 despite his earlier deposit date. But I'd love to see more people's three dates so see if there is a pattern.
JeffreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 07:04 PM   #23

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I don't see what the deposit date has to do with anything. It's the build date that is shifting.
Old 01-30-2021, 07:31 PM   #24

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
I had an original build date July 2022. It has been moved up with the recent email to December 2021. I won't drive to Sumas in the winter and was planning on either Denton, Tx or Sanford, Fl. The delivery fee is reasonable to either but I'm not sure it will still be the same later this year. Fuel surcharge or increased deliver rate is probably inevitable at this point...Not sure when but gas prices just raised in my hometown by a bit. Not a political post!!!!
Old 01-30-2021, 08:41 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I don't see what the deposit date has to do with anything. It's the build date that is shifting.
Well, the deposit dates are essentially when everyone queued up. First in line gets first build pick, normally.

Many people, unable to pick a date in 2021 but given a choice of any date they liked in 2022 selected practical over first available. Eschewing a build date in January - February because of winter (for example) doesn't mean that a person wouldn't prefer the earliest possible date in 2021 should things move up.

I had this scenario specifically in mind last October, so before I picked a March date I asked ETI if move up priority would be based on deposit date, or the build date I selected. They told me it would continue to be tied to deposit date, which doesn't look to actually be the case.
Old 01-30-2021, 09:38 PM   #26

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyG View Post
...Based on two of us in this thread (and I'd love to see more people post their data ....
Just FYI all of my dates are found in post #7 (see signature block for my deposit date, 09-09-2020)
Old 01-31-2021, 01:46 AM   #27

Trailer: 2016 5.0 TA
Quote:
Well, the deposit dates are essentially when everyone queued up. First in line gets first build pick, normally.

Many people, unable to pick a date in 2021 but given a choice of any date they liked in 2022 selected practical over first available. Eschewing a build date in January - February because of winter (for example) doesn't mean that a person wouldn't prefer the earliest possible date in 2021 should things move up.

I had this scenario specifically in mind last October, so before I picked a March date I asked ETI if move up priority would be based on deposit date, or the build date I selected. They told me it would continue to be tied to deposit date, which doesn't look to actually be the case.
I agree with Jeffrey, particularly in that the early build date in 2021 will not attract the increased 2022 pricing.
land’SCAPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 06:57 AM   #28

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
So called distancing!!!

Hi: All...Way back when it was time to order I remember talking to the former admin. and she was kind enough to hold open some build slots for me to chose. I took #2 out of the mold as she knew we'd order... just not when. At that time the usual wait was over a year and it looks like it's back there again. We didn't pick up right away and I said ETI could use our trailer to show others (pre showroom) and we've been showing others ever since. We got out to get it just before the 2014 rally in Osoyoos and that caused at least two sales right at the rally!!!
Sometimes things happen for a reason. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
021.jpg   DSC01467-new 5.0TA.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 12:10 PM   #29

Trailer: Truck camper, pending Escape
Hello All, newbie here with first post ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp4528 View Post
Still undecided what to do, but that is my usual modus operandi. I can usually see that all sides to any position have some merit.
A good place to be I'd say. I wouldn't change anything - take it while you can.

If you do travel in Oct, I second what Eggscape wrote. Private CGs will probably be your best bet. But I suggest you research before mid Sept (and some places may have gone under). We travelled X country mid Oct and were lucky to find a private in Ilse de Chen (nr Winnipeg) when all E-W roads were closed for a day or two. Apparently it's not uncommon for the stretch of #1 west of there (say Portage la Prairie) to be closed due to wind and blowing snow. Other than that delay, weather and driving was fine, finding open CGs were the bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobster View Post
Well, I was the procrastinator, waited on putting down a deposit, watching the situation, finally placed a deposit on 1/4/2021. Accepted the first available Production Complete date of 08/24/2022.

Received my Earliest Completion Date of 01/05/2022. Dead of winter... We were thinking about a delivery, but also thinking the possibility of meeting them half way by having it delivered to Salt Lake City, UT ($999) vs Denton, TX ($1,999).
Hmmm, our deposit was ~3wk later but the build date is ~9wks later (popular !). Not gonna spend time on it tho, too far out and a lot can happen by then. Interesting that the freight to TX is the same as the deposit amount. The pandemic has certainly changed a lot of risk scenarios.

Quote:
Well, the deposit dates are essentially when everyone queued up. First in line gets first build pick, normally. <snip>
Tend to agree.

It may have changed over time but now when arranging deposit online there is a PCD provided and you choose a "Waitlist for Earlier Production Completion Date" month (currently all months listed between June 2021 and Oct 2022). This user selection is subsequently refered to in the confirmation email as, "Your preferred completion month". I'd rather the selection was simply, "do you want to be on the wait list for the earliest completion date available. Y/N ?", "If yes we may be in touch to confirm."

That said I'd think ETI probably has a simple waitlist system - the alternatives could be complex and time consuming - and that ETI is doing their best for the customer. But I imagine they have other considerations incl cash flow, potential refunds and forfeitures etc. so who knows how they might schedule and re schedule bookings.
snas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 12:18 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by snas View Post
That said I'd think ETI probably has a simple waitlist system - the alternatives could be complex and time consuming - and that ETI is doing their best for the customer. But I imagine they have other considerations incl cash flow, potential refunds and forfeitures etc. so who knows how they might schedule and re schedule bookings.
Yes. I think they should have gone off deposit dates, but since the sequential deposits could have current build dates scattered across 2022 I can imagine that might have proven impractical.

And I'm not too chafed. ETI gave my 9/29/2021 as my ECD. If they had gone by deposit date this might have been a couple weeks earlier, but not much more than that. Their previous video suggested that late 2021 builds might move into August and all the 2022 builds after that.
Old 01-31-2021, 01:29 PM   #31

Trailer: Truck camper, pending Escape
^Yes, I'm thinking our date will be moved up sometime, currently 22 months out.

In my previous post I meant to write that for the waitlist I'd rather there was also choice for simply "earliest date possible" in addition to selecting a specific month. For us, we're local and would pick up immediately.

I can certainly see where some might want to choose a date. Under normal circumstances that could actually be a plus for some. I can also see that for most folks and businesses plans have been upended these last 12 months and counting. Hopefully this will be the last year like this ...
snas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 02:13 PM   #32

Trailer: 10/20/21 completion 21NE
Deposit: 10/26/2020, Current Build Date: 3/14/2022, new ECD 10/6/2021 on a 21NE
meekhotglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 08:56 PM   #33

Trailer: 2021 5.0
On the recent video about the new Earliest Completion Date system, they specifically stated that the delivery cost will remain the same through 2021 as it currently is.
julieinwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 11:59 AM   #34

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: All... In post #28 the "Naked" Escape doesn't even have a window to its soul!!! Pic's provided by ETI. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 09:44 PM   #35

Trailer: 2021 21NE
Hi all - a bit new to posting but have been lurking for quite some time. We put our deposit down for our 21NE on Oct 7 2020 with a projected completion date of Jan 28, 2022. We subsequently had a slot offered for Oct 19 2020 which we accepted. Now as the ECD opportunities exist, looks like Sept 2, 2021 is now a possibility. We're looking forward to that timeframe - we're in Kansas City so will probably go for a delivery option. But with the earlier date, we can look forward to some fall camping to break things in before a more extensive route plan for 2022. Looking forward to it!
Snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 11:03 PM   #36

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy View Post
Hi all - a bit new to posting but have been lurking for quite some time. We put our deposit down for our 21NE on Oct 7 2020 with a projected completion date of Jan 28, 2022. We subsequently had a slot offered for Oct 19 2020 which we accepted. Now as the ECD opportunities exist, looks like Sept 2, 2021 is now a possibility. We're looking forward to that timeframe - we're in Kansas City so will probably go for a delivery option. But with the earlier date, we can look forward to some fall camping to break things in before a more extensive route plan for 2022. Looking forward to it!

David,
September is certainly doable for an in-person pick up. We had ordered our Escape in November, and picked it up in Sumas the following September.

We had good weather, with just occasional rains, the next few weeks of Sept. and Oct. as we slowly made our way back home to CA. We camped a couple nights at BayView SP on Puget Sound (1˝ hours from ETI). everything on the trailer worked great, so we took the ferry across to the Olympic Peninsula and camped in the Olympic National Park, and several WA and OR state parks along the Pacific Ocean, following US-101.
If you're looking for routes east, WA-20, the Northern Cascades Hwy., is beautiful (if open). I-84 takes you east through the Columbia River gorge. Or you could take I-5 south to Sacramento, then take I-80 east through the Sierra Nevada Mts. and over Donner Pass and by Lake Tahoe.
I would avoid the I-5 traffic through Seattle if at all possible.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:33 AM   #37

Trailer: None yet
They are moving all based on production dates because it’s likely too complex otherwise. Think of it like a slinky-the original dates are like the slinky stretched out; the new production is releasing the slinky at one end and moving it all tighter. They all move, but the farthest out move the most. My august 2021 date moved by 9 days, not months.
No matter what they did some people will complain....
Jon Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:47 AM   #38

Trailer: Happier Camper 2017/Escape 21NE 2022
Earliest Completion Date

I got a notice that my earliest date would be Dec of this year. Not sure exactly what to do but I thought I would wait until they contact me. Like a lot of people, I was hoping for a spring or early summer date because i would like to pick it up myself: both because I want 1:1 instruction on everything & also I was hoping to take the opportunity to drive down to the southwest through the northwest, an area of the country I have never visited. Also I have good friends in BC. I wonder if I should inform Escape now that I want a later date (April?) or just wait until my number comes up. Any thoughts?
Dusty
dustylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 11:45 AM   #39

Trailer: 2022 Escape 5.0 (completion 4/22)
A couple of comments:
1. As Donna D. above mentioned the production of one model versus another model could be quite different and I would assume at this point they are using separate assembly lines for each model perhaps. So if they are making twice as many 19 footers as they are 5.0 ‘s, you might put a deposit down later but get an earlier delivery date for your 5.0 because there aren’t as many being produced. Just speculating here.
2. Secondly, to ramp up production from what it was a year or two ago to what the demand is now is not an easy task. It’s not a perfect situation and people are gonna get their feathers ruffled a little bit if things aren’t perfect. It’s either wait three or four years and have everything dialed in just right or try to increase production, as Escape has done, to meet demand and with it some inconveniences are going to happen along the way. Be patient and flexible people.
BoomerStu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 12:53 PM   #40

Trailer: 2016 5.0 TA
If you kept their Dec. production schedule, I wonder what options there might be to store your trailer at their yard for a while. Depending on your personal timing, this may keep your options a little more flexible to have the trailer at the ready when you are? Not sure what the increase $ will be from ‘21 to ‘22 production but perhaps it would be a wash with the extra storage cost. (I think I read the first month of storage for you is free).
land’SCAPE is offline   Reply With Quote