Early completion date… - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2022, 01:52 PM   #1

Trailer: Past time to update- canceled my 5.0 ��
Early completion date…

Just got an email from Escape asking if I’d be willing to accept an earlier completion date. My original date for a 5.0 was 8/24, but the email gives no specifics as to when the “new” completion date might be. I did accept, although this could get sticky if it’s completed when I’m on a contract and can’t leave for 3 months to pick the trailer up.

Has anyone else previously gotten this email and if so, what was the time line between that notification and completion date? I’m sure I still have plenty of time since I haven’t even done a build sheet yet. Not sure the time between build sheet and completion/pick up time. I know a lot of this is probably up in the air due to fluctuations in people ordering/cancelling, etc, but if anyone’s been in this situation, please chime in and give me your timeline. Thanks in advance!!
Deva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 02:22 PM   #2

Trailer: 5.0 on order- ETA 06/2024
I also got that email and wonder if they are just looking for feedback to make some internal decisions and proceed from there, or maybe we will get a bump up at some point. Either way I will take the date given or any other date before. I will will be watching to see what others who already have their trailers have to say.
Pineapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 02:49 PM   #3

Trailer: 2022 Escape 17A
I responded to a similar email in December. My original completion date was 01/2023. After saying yes in December, they emailed in February and asked if 8/2022 would work for me and I accepted. I did have the option to decline and revert back to my original date. There is really no downside to accepting their offer to be on the waitlist to move up, since you can always decline the new date. Furthermore, if you wind up getting a chance to sign off on your build sheet before the next price increase, the savings will likely more than cover the cost of storage if you can’t pick it up right away.
wind bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 02:53 PM   #4

Trailer: 2022 escape 17B
I also received one, my trailer is ready for pick up 5/24 my completion date was 22 April
mr.stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 03:00 PM   #5

“There is really no downside to accepting their offer to be on the waitlist to move up, since you can always decline the new date. Furthermore, if you wind up getting a chance to sign off on your build sheet before the next price increase, the savings will likely more than cover the cost of storage if you can’t pick it up right away.”

That’s a good point. I hadn’t thought of that. I just need to have enough advanced notice to be able to buy my tow vehicle and RV accoutrements, including hitch. I’m currently traveling full time for work and living out of a camper van, so this will require some juggling on my part. Did you order a 5.0? Or another model?
Old 04-29-2022, 04:22 PM   #6

Trailer: 2022 Escape 17A
Mine is a 17, so your mileage in the 5th wheel queue may vary!
wind bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 06:55 PM   #7

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deva View Post
.... I just need to have enough advanced notice to be able to buy my tow vehicle ....
Noting a 5.0 is the subject trailer, I hope you're aware of the current inventory / ordering realities in regard to pickups.

In-stock inventories for most brands are limited in terms of both raw numbers of vehicles and option choices installed on those trucks; orders-to-spec can be fraught with long-lead times, supply chain issues, and delays.

As much if not more than with ETI, advance planning regarding pickup purchase is well advised if thinking in terms of a new vehicle. It'd be a real shame to get in a time/delivery crunch and have to 'settle' for a less than desirable tow vehicle for your wants and needs.

Just for your consideration, congrats on your 5.0 order, happy shopping for that tow vehicle!
Old 04-29-2022, 07:09 PM   #8

Yes, I have been thinking of the truck situation. Even if the 5.0 has an earlier completion date (it looks like most of these dates are 3-4 months earlier than original date) I still have about 2 years to wait. Honestly, I’m hoping some of these issues will be resolved by then and auto/truck stock be a little more diverse and plentiful. As mentioned, I travel for work and live out of a camper van, so I can’t just ditch the van when I happen across and jump on an available truck. I can’t live out of a truck with a dog for weeks or months. So. That’s why I will have to do a bit of juggling. It’s one of the things that has made me put off buying a trailer. Plus, plan A was a Dually and a truck camper. That plan has been trashed because of the 3500 series truck shortages and exponential price increase and the fact that both Bigfoot and Northern Lite have increased the cost of a camper by 20,000 to 30,000 dollars. The escape 5.0 is plan B and it will be tough to finagle the transition from camper van to truck/trailer, logistically speaking. In all other ways, I will have fun adjusting to my Deluxe Accommodations!
Old 04-29-2022, 10:56 PM   #9

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deva View Post
Yes, I have been thinking of the truck situation. Even if the 5.0 has an earlier completion date (it looks like most of these dates are 3-4 months earlier than original date) I still have about 2 years to wait. Honestly, I’m hoping some of these issues will be resolved by then and auto/truck stock be a little more diverse and plentiful. As mentioned, I travel for work and live out of a camper van, so I can’t just ditch the van when I happen across and jump on an available truck. I can’t live out of a truck with a dog for weeks or months. So. That’s why I will have to do a bit of juggling. It’s one of the things that has made me put off buying a trailer. Plus, plan A was a Dually and a truck camper. That plan has been trashed because of the 3500 series truck shortages and exponential price increase and the fact that both Bigfoot and Northern Lite have increased the cost of a camper by 20,000 to 30,000 dollars. The escape 5.0 is plan B and it will be tough to finagle the transition from camper van to truck/trailer, logistically speaking. In all other ways, I will have fun adjusting to my Deluxe Accommodations!
If you can pull your plan B together, you'll think you have died and gone to heaven with an increase in room and amenities in the 5.0. Your dog will be smiling too!. Good luck whatever you decide
Old 04-30-2022, 11:13 AM   #10

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofmerc View Post
“Good luck whatever you decide
Thanks, I’ll take all the luck I can get! Plus, if the stars and planets would please line up correctly, we’ll be golden!