Emergency Window - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2022, 10:39 PM   #61

Trailer: 22' 17B
I wish I'd been following this post. When I heard it was discontinued I took Escapes word and ordered the first one of matching size I could find, a used recpro model off Ebay. Unfortunately while the height and width are a match, I believe the depth of the frame is a bit narrower. Not to mention the corner rounding may not be a match.

Still, if it works, I spent less than half of this lippert window and if it doesnt I'm encouraged that I can instill buy the actual part. Though- I'm pretty sure some mods will find a way to re-add a screen and a prop- albeit without the ease of removal in emergencies. I'll just keep a knife on a string nearby, if it comes to it
Sean2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 06:54 PM   #62

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape 15a View Post
Explain to me No Changes...oh that only means YOU... Escape can change without your approval. Hmmm
No changes are allowed by Escape once you've signed and returned the build sheet.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 09:10 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
No changes are allowed by Escape once you've signed and returned the build sheet.
I think he’s sarcastically referring to them changing the exit windows on us
Old 08-13-2022, 05:21 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean2a View Post
I think he’s sarcastically referring to them changing the exit windows on us
Sorry for the way it sounded. What I meant is that once you sign off on your build sheet you cannot make any further changes. Something to keep in mind before you send in you build sheet.
Old 09-01-2022, 07:43 AM   #65

Quote:
I received my real deal pre-obsolete Emergency Window from Lippert today. The one with an actual screen and the hold open red bar. However, UPS decided to knock around bit and hit it just hard enough not to break the glass but to bend the exterior metal frame in two pieces.

I'm sure UPS and Lippert will work out the claim and all will be good. I'm not in a rush since we don't get out 21C until this October.

By the way, it looks like a really nice window.
Lippert & UPS processed the freight damage claim quickly.

I received a new interior frame on Monday and I will be receiving a new window on Friday.

On the original order the lead time from Lippert was 3 weeks so this quick freight damage turnaround is pretty awesome.
Old 04-15-2023, 11:33 AM   #66

I removed the No Screen Emergency window this morning and replaced it with the Lippert Screened Emergency Window with the Red Handle. Now we can sit at the dinette with a pass through breeze.

The process was very simple since Escape uses a 7/16" x 1/2" D-Shaped Rubber Gasket material. I bought some on the Amazonians and added it to the New Screened Emergency Window.

I have the Non-Screened Emergency Window & Frame and another Lippert Screened Emergency Window for sale if anyone is interested. The Lippert Screened Emergency new was $476.95 before tax. I'm asking $300 USD for the Screened with Frame and $100 for the Non-Screened without Frame. FYI, the existing frame is the same as the new one I purchased.
Attached Thumbnails
Giant Hole.jpg   Screened.jpg  
Old 04-15-2023, 12:50 PM   #67

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I'd have done the same thing if I couldn't find any other solution. Can't imagine having the window open in some areas without bug protection and can't imagine sitting inside sweltering without the benefit of the opening emergency window.

If you really want to get more breeze it's possible to add an extension to the lever and end up with the window open 90* for maximum air flow. I did that for my portable A/C.

I haven't seen the new screenless window yet but my friend will be getting his new 17B in a couple of months so I guess we'll be looking at ways of keeping the bugs out.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 09:27 PM   #68

Quote:
I removed the No Screen Emergency window this morning and replaced it with the Lippert Screened Emergency Window with the Red Handle. Now we can sit at the dinette with a pass through breeze.

The process was very simple since Escape uses a 7/16" x 1/2" D-Shaped Rubber Gasket material. I bought some on the Amazonians and added it to the New Screened Emergency Window.

I have the Non-Screened Emergency Window & Frame and another Lippert Screened Emergency Window for sale if anyone is interested. The Lippert Screened Emergency new was $476.95 before tax. I'm asking $300 USD for the Screened with Frame and $100 for the Non-Screened without Frame. FYI, the existing frame is the same as the new one I purchased.
I’m probably misreading your post but I’m a little confused. It sounds like you are selling a screened emergency window for $300, but if you installed it successfully, why do you have one available and why is the No screen window you have not have a frame?
Old 04-16-2023, 10:15 PM   #69

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean2a View Post
I’m probably misreading your post but I’m a little confused. It sounds like you are selling a screened emergency window for $300, but if you installed it successfully, why do you have one available and why is the No screen window you have not have a frame?
Start at post #49. A damaged one was replaced with another one.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 05:32 AM   #70

Lippert actually sent 3 windows in total. The first one was damaged beyond repaired and they had UPS pick that one up.

The second one which is for sale came with a slight blemish in one piece of the frame. The frame is aluminum and is very pliable.. I was going to straighten it so I called Lippert to ask them for some credit off. Instead they said they would send me another. They never requested a return of the second one.

The third one had the identical blemish and I fixed it myself and just said the heck with going around with them again.

If I can get a good photo of the blemish I’ll post it. Lighting and angle of the photo is the key.

For those of us with a new Escape with the Non-Screened Emergency Window I can tell you it’s nice having a pass-thru breeze now in the dinette.
Old 04-17-2023, 07:00 AM   #71

Here is my best attempt to show the blemish. it's on the bottom.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4978.jpg   IMG_4979.jpg  
Old 04-17-2023, 09:18 AM   #72

Willy, are you including the trim piece or no? I’m assuming trim ring from screen less won’t work?
Old 04-17-2023, 10:01 AM   #73

Yes the trim ring is included.

It is the same trim ring that came with the original Non-Screened window. Same size.
Old 04-19-2023, 09:03 AM   #74

I may be interested Willy but I have the 20x30 recpro version. I have a feeling it may not be the exact same angles at the corners and not fit perfectly thus being interested. Is it a pretty quick job to swap the windows? If so I may try it out after work today.
Old 06-07-2023, 05:19 PM   #75

Trailer: 2024 21NE F2
Would it be possible to install a second emergency exit window on the other side of the trailer? (one on each side)

Would the Lippert 20x30 fit into the existing window opening on the opposite side?
Don Flamenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 05:59 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Flamenco View Post
Would it be possible to install a second emergency exit window on the other side of the trailer? (one on each side)

Would the Lippert 20x30 fit into the existing window opening on the opposite side?
I believe the window opposite the existing emergency window are the same size.