Escape 19' as an office? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2015, 08:03 PM   #21

Trailer: 2021 Pleasure Way OnTour 2.0
I recently acquired a Howda seat from free cycle. I was very lucky as they retail for about $75, sold thru mail order by a Newburyport MA company. It makes the dinette seating so much more comfortable.
Mob2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 11:09 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 17B "Tody"
If I have to code and debug long period of time I wouldn't do it directly on a laptop. A bigger TV/Monitor to use as secondary/extended display, wireless keyboard and mouse to allow my hands and shoulder to hang at the right height. Problem of laptop is that the display is too low for me when the keyboard is comfortable for my wrists. Plus a table of adjustable height, seating with good lumbar support and armrests. I can sit there and type for hours. Not that I should.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:22 AM   #23

Trailer: 2005 Escape 17B Sold 2016. 2016 Escape 19 Sold 2019. 2019 Escape 21 picked up Sep 2019
seating with good lumbar support and armrests?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akoaoka View Post
seating with good lumbar support and armrests.
What do you suggest for seating in the dinette? What are you using?

Thanks!
sallemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:52 AM   #24

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Zardoz... We put some cut to fit sections of pool noodles down behind the dinette seat back cushions... Instant good angle for your back!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Alf, you remain my #1 problem solver! Thanks, we'll give it a try.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:23 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 17B "Tody"
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallemann View Post
What do you suggest for seating in the dinette? What are you using?

Thanks!
Sorry but I don't have a workspace setup in the trailer. My old office has an ergo chair which I used for 10+ years. I don't know the model but it is stinking heavy. The one Vermilye uses could work for you but it's difficult to tell. Comfort is quite a subjective matter.

Just to throw some ideas, you could leave the table uninstalled, that will give you floor space for a regular office chair to pair with a small adjustable table. Small table can be used for dining as well. As long as you won't need the dinette to convert to bed setup during the trip.

Oh one more thing about the trailer bench seat is that there is no legroom under the seat itself. It may not be problem for most but it's a bit restrictive for me. Hence I am inclined to think that no matter how I replace the cushions, it won't be comfortable for long period of use. Your need could be different, though.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:46 PM   #26

Trailer: 2005 Escape 17B Sold 2016. 2016 Escape 19 Sold 2019. 2019 Escape 21 picked up Sep 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by akoaoka View Post
Oh one more thing about the trailer bench seat is that there is no legroom under the seat itself. It may not be problem for most but it's a bit restrictive for me.
Excellent point... that will be a problem... I'm going to have to give that some thought. Thanks for pointing that out.
sallemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:28 PM   #27

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Alf, you remain my #1 problem solver! Thanks, we'll give it a try.
Hi: Zardoz... Cheap... easy to cut with a bread knife. If they don't work for you you can always use em to float with!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 11:04 PM   #28

Trailer: 2005 T@B Moving to 21' Escape
Just jumping on the end here as I expect to have the same issue but with our 21'. Where do I find out more about the pneumatic tube for the table?
slloyd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 11:07 PM   #29

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by slloyd47 View Post
Just jumping on the end here as I expect to have the same issue but with our 21'. Where do I find out more about the pneumatic tube for the table?
Google or ebay "hydraulic table pedestal"

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 12:16 AM   #30

Has anyone had Reese install an adjustable height dining table in the booth area?
Old 07-16-2015, 12:25 AM   #31
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
If you intend to install a pneumatic pedestal, just ask Escape to not install the table poles, and leave you just the top with the sliding base. From there its a simple matter of 4 screws to mount the pedestal to the top, and 6 screws to mount the pedestal to the floor. No retrofitting or patching of screw holes like I had to do.

It also means you can take the pedestal with you and install it once you have the trailer, rather than shipping it, which is quite expensive.

As for the pedestal, there are a couple of different ones that Escape owners have installed. Myself and several others installed the Springfield Marine model, available at Overtons.

Springfield 3-Stage Air-Powered Table Pedestal - Overton's
Old 07-16-2015, 12:48 AM   #32

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Overton's on the Internet . The pedestal is 3 stage Marine Springflield . They usually have 15 % off .sometimes 20 % . They are a Marine supply . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:57 PM   #33

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
If you're doing it yourself, make sure you don't put screws far enough through your floor that you puncture your tanks underneath...

2013 Escape 19 ("The Dog House") , 2018 Ford F150
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:32 PM   #34

Thanks for that pointer��
Old 07-18-2015, 10:08 AM   #35
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Escape 19' as an office?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbailey View Post
If you're doing it yourself, make sure you don't put screws far enough through your floor that you puncture your tanks underneath...

If you get the Springfield one, it's supplied with the trumpet screws for the base, and they're about 1 1/4". Considering the thickness of the base recess holes and the thickness of the floor, no danger of going in too far.

In our case there was no danger at all, because the dinette floor is also raised.
Old 07-20-2015, 11:14 PM   #36

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19'
As a retired Physical Therapist and Escape 19 owner, I would recommend:
* Extra back cushions for upright support when sitting for long periods of time (include a lumbar roll).
* Measure your lower leg length and match that to the bench seat height (make sure your hips and knees are bent to 90 degrees and your feet are flat on the floor or on a footrest).
* Make sure your table height is such that your arms are hanging down while your forearms with elbows bent easily reach the table top (prefer 90 degree elbow bend). You might need to sit on another cushion to raise your hip height, or you might need a foot rest under your feet if they don't reach the floor.
* Get up and move about frequently while working, move your ankles by rocking up on toes then back on heels...change your position frequently!

I do a lot of genealogy research while out on the road...lots of time on the computer at the dining table as well as note taking and flipping through our binders of info. It really helps to move the binders over to the kitchen counter or bed to force me to get up and move frequently:-)
Bottom line...the 19 works for us to do our computer work while out playing!
Old 07-21-2015, 07:03 AM   #37

Trailer: 5.0 TA - Sept. 2015, 2016 Silverado 2500 Duramax
Quote:
Has anyone had Reese install an adjustable height dining table in the booth area?
Hi slloyd47,
We have our orientation and pick up on Sept 8. We got in touch with ETI before our build sheet sign off and asked if they would install the Springfield pedestal for us instead of the standard during our orientation, and they said bring it along and they would. Such great people to work with! We have just loved being on this forum and meeting so many wonderful people who have been so free with their help and comments! And we've already met a few of you! Great people! Hope to meet more of you while on the road!
Joe Walsh
Charlie & Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 07:49 PM   #38

Great to hear that ETI would do this. I missed this response earlier.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:55 PM   #39

A follow up question or two about the Springfield pedestal. On the site it notes three heights. I assume I can adjust the pedestal to any height between the 12" and 28" limits? Is the lower limit low enough to still configure the dinette as a bed?
Old 08-01-2015, 10:37 PM   #40

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
A follow up question or two about the Springfield pedestal. On the site it notes three heights. I assume I can adjust the pedestal to any height between the 12" and 28" limits? Is the lower limit low enough to still configure the dinette as a bed?
Hi yes it does . Just make sure in the down position it just clears the wall in back .In other words lay your table top on the pedestal top then bring it down to rest on ledge for bed . Add a few screws to top of pedestal to hold it . That is where the bottom base will now go .screw it down . Try it up and down then add remaining screws to your top . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote