Escape 19' as an office? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2015, 12:05 AM   #41
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by slloyd47 View Post
A follow up question or two about the Springfield pedestal. On the site it notes three heights. I assume I can adjust the pedestal to any height between the 12" and 28" limits? Is the lower limit low enough to still configure the dinette as a bed?
As Pat mentioned, any height you like. The rails on the benches are about 14" from the floor, so that's as far down as you can go. I used a similar method as mentioned above to install it. I attached the tabletop first, then pushed it down and aligned it with the notches, making sure there was clearance on the back. Then, just marked the base position before raising it back up and screwing it down. Quick and easy.
Old 08-02-2015, 12:54 AM   #42

Trailer: 2005 T@B Moving to 21' Escape
Thanks to you both for your quick replies. Still 4 months until we get our Escape, but want to get all the details worked out sooner than later. I plan to work online for a couple of years 3 days a week so want to get everything setup to make that comfortable. Thanks again.
slloyd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 03:50 AM   #43

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17B
I've been using our 17b as my field office for the last 2 summers. The narrow little storage rack above the front window is excellent for office supplies such as pens, pencils, etc.
Good lighting is critical. I've added 2 warm white LED light strips almost across the width of the trailer in both the front and the back. They are adjustable as far as brightness goes which helps for glare off of a computer screen. Lighting is important, think about it carefully.
Adding some 12 volt USB ports around the trailer is a must. Also, you have not mentioned whether your work and use will be in an RV park or boon docking... power is critical and having some receptacles that work off an inverter. Outside receptacles are not a bad idea either if you are considering working outside the trailer to enjoy the day. Comfortable folding chairs for outside are a must, select them carefully as many are not.
Purchase or design your office equipment with portability in mind, a printer that can be recharged or has a lower power draw (thinking inverter here) and maybe wireless as well.
Connectivity is an issue at times for me... I am still looking at antenna options that will help me to receive a weak wifi signal. While not necessarily part of the trailer design, select your phone data plan carefully as data can cost you dearly.
Storage of office equipment while moving is important as well, electronics don't like to be banged around much. Also, if the "office area" is dual purpose and being used a dining table as well, everything must be able to be set up and stored quickly. For the 19, you may want to add the various receptacles so you can use either the front or rear as the "office".
Aside from work, entertainment makes life a little more comfortable too. A larger screen can serve for watching movies etc. Rather than building speakers in, I've chosen to go with a good portable bluetooth speaker rather than built ins, it serves for work as well as background music in the evening by a fire or where ever. It helps with the odd conference call as well.
Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 05:28 PM   #44

Trailer: 2005 T@B Moving to 21' Escape
Thanks for all the input Buddy. Do you just setup your monitor as needed or do you have it mounted somewhere? We are getting a 21' trailer. The TV arm seems like it would place the monitor too high and far away.
slloyd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 03:28 PM   #45

Trailer: 2005 Escape 17B
This has been an interesting thread for me. I'm looking into this same sort of thing because I'm a photographer and spend hours editing images. I'll be needing to do this in my 17B when I go full time next spring. One of the things I'm looking at is Relax seat supports. Here is just one example, but they have many. My mom had back surgery and uses a seat support from them (sort of a small version of this one). I like that the supports are portable to different chairs or benches.
BetterBack® Seat Support | Relax The Back

My "Sarandipity Travels" Blog: https://sarandipitytravels.com/
Sarandipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 12:54 AM   #46

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17B
Quote:
Thanks for all the input Buddy. Do you just setup your monitor as needed or do you have it mounted somewhere? We are getting a 21' trailer. The TV arm seems like it would place the monitor too high and far away.
I can't speak for the 21 as I have not had the opportunity to see one. Is it possible to have the TV arm located in a place where it suites your needs?
Currently I set up as needed or limit my use to a lap top. Screen resolution has advanced so much in the last few years that even on a 15" laptop, I am able to process images or interpret them by zooming into the area of interest. Another option I considered was adding projector but have not pursued it as of yet.
Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:34 AM   #47
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Hi from another Hillsboro 21 owner!

We had the wall above the nightstand reinforced to mount our TV there and you can get swivel mounts that would let it swing 180 degrees to view from the dinette if you wanted - we generally watch it while in bed.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:27 AM   #48

Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
As Pat mentioned, any height you like. The rails on the benches are about 14" from the floor, so that's as far down as you can go. I used a similar method as mentioned above to install it. I attached the tabletop first, then pushed it down and aligned it with the notches, making sure there was clearance on the back. Then, just marked the base position before raising it back up and screwing it down. Quick and easy.
Thanks for this. I did some measurements on my 2009 Escape, and the top of the rails are 14-1/2 inch from the floor. I also see the slider mechanism for the table adds 7/8 inch to the pedestal height, so that 12" minimum height on the Springfield 3-stage Pedestal would provide a comfortable inch and a half to spare. At least in my case.

Has the slide design changed? My table was always a little wobbly, but it had a hard life, and I found one of those zinc volcano brackets was cracked, so the slop could be compounded.

Did you keep the sliding mechanism?

Regards,

Matt