Escape 19 inside set-up - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2015, 11:20 AM   #1

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Escape 19 inside set-up

As I get excited thinking about getting my new Escape, I start to wonder how I'll set up the inside of the trailer. We have a microwave under the stove so no drawers there. Instead, we have one drawer under the wardrobe and also 2 storage shelves in the wardrobe. I have some ideas on how to set it up. But, I'm just wondering what others have done? I.e. Where do you put your food, dishes, pots and pans, clothing, etc. I'd love to hear what you've done! What works well?
Joanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:00 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
As I get excited thinking about getting my new Escape, I start to wonder how I'll set up the inside of the trailer. We have a microwave under the stove so no drawers there. Instead, we have one drawer under the wardrobe and also 2 storage shelves in the wardrobe. I have some ideas on how to set it up. But, I'm just wondering what others have done? I.e. Where do you put your food, dishes, pots and pans, clothing, etc. I'd love to hear what you've done! What works well?
Hi: Joanne... Here's a how to add drawer space. Don't know if it'll work on the wider drawer under the wardrobe though. This pic shows the small Rubbermaid Cutlery Tray. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Thumbnails
P1030835.jpg  
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:03 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Since we don't have ours set up like yours, what we do may not make sense. Our pots and pans are under the sink. The two drawers under the stove contain flatware and such (large spoons/spatulas are in a holder, sitting on the counter). Our "pantry" is the area under the bed (pull out bins). Our folded clothes are in cloth bins over the bed. We have the full wardrobe but I have a hanging shoe holder in there to act as "cubbies" on one side leaving us the other side to hang a few shirts and such. (Unfortunately, I didn't think to add the drawer under the wardrobe so we lost that storage area.) Everyone has different ideas/needs but getting some ideas from others is definitely helpful.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:04 PM   #4

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Good idea Alf!!

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Joanne... Here's a how to add drawer space. Don't know if it'll work on the wider drawer under the wardrobe though. This pic shows the small Rubbermaid Cutlery Tray. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Thanks. I'll have to see if we can find something that will work for that drawer! Great idea!
Old 12-22-2015, 12:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
Since we don't have ours set up like yours, what we do may not make sense. Our pots and pans are under the sink. The two drawers under the stove contain flatware and such (large spoons/spatulas are in a holder, sitting on the counter). Our "pantry" is the area under the bed (pull out bins). Our folded clothes are in cloth bins over the bed. We have the full wardrobe but I have a hanging shoe holder in there to act as "cubbies" on one side leaving us the other side to hang a few shirts and such. (Unfortunately, I didn't think to add the drawer under the wardrobe so we lost that storage area.) Everyone has different ideas/needs but getting some ideas from others is definitely helpful.
Thanks, it's definitely helpful to see what others are doing. I would not have thought to put the pantry under the bed. I definitely want to make good use of that area. I'm quite short and would rather avoid having to use a step-stool all the time.
Old 12-22-2015, 02:25 PM   #7

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Joanne,
Like you we have the micro under the stove which eliminates the cutlery drawers. Not very experienced with the 19 yet, but after two trips we're getting some ideas and some things are starting to find a home.
The little cubby under the fridge we are using for toilet paper, toilet chems, etc. since it is convenient to the bathroom.
Our pantry so far is seeming to land in the passenger side overhead bin above the dinette. Just seems to be a real natural location for the dry food items.
The pots under the sink, and the cubbies at the base of the kitchen for zip bags, trash bags, extra plastic utensils, etc.
The two mods that I know are in my near future are that I want to build or find some type of sliding drawer insert with at least two drawers to go on the right side under the sink. These will be the cutlery drawers when I solve this.
Under bed build out. Need more time camping in the trailer, but we'll custom out the under bed storage ultimately, just don't know how yet.
I did add two 3M command hooks ($4 at Wally) to the interior fiberglass wall of the shower behind the curtain for hanging 2 towels. They worked out great and location was perfect.
Also bought a 3M command round bathroom mirror, but can't decide yet quite where it will end up in there. Somewhere over the sink. Will be adding toothbrush and soap holder in there as well.
All I can share at this point as we're still newbies to the 19.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 02:38 PM   #8

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Try to keep heavy items ( like canned goods and pots and pans ) down low.
Keep lighter items, ( like clothes ) in upper cabinets.
Old 12-22-2015, 02:43 PM   #9

"Canned goods?" We gave up the Hormel Chili back in college.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Joanne,
Like you we have the micro under the stove which eliminates the cutlery drawers. Not very experienced with the 19 yet, but after two trips we're getting some ideas and some things are starting to find a home.
The little cubby under the fridge we are using for toilet paper, toilet chems, etc. since it is convenient to the bathroom.
Our pantry so far is seeming to land in the passenger side overhead bin above the dinette. Just seems to be a real natural location for the dry food items.
The pots under the sink, and the cubbies at the base of the kitchen for zip bags, trash bags, extra plastic utensils, etc.
The two mods that I know are in my near future are that I want to build or find some type of sliding drawer insert with at least two drawers to go on the right side under the sink. These will be the cutlery drawers when I solve this.
Under bed build out. Need more time camping in the trailer, but we'll custom out the under bed storage ultimately, just don't know how yet.
I did add two 3M command hooks ($4 at Wally) to the interior fiberglass wall of the shower behind the curtain for hanging 2 towels. They worked out great and location was perfect.
Also bought a 3M command round bathroom mirror, but can't decide yet quite where it will end up in there. Somewhere over the sink. Will be adding toothbrush and soap holder in there as well.
All I can share at this point as we're still newbies to the 19.
Thanks Greg. I was hoping you'd put your two cents in since we have a similar set-up!
Old 12-22-2015, 04:00 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Try to keep heavy items ( like canned goods and pots and pans ) down low.
Keep lighter items, ( like clothes ) in upper cabinets.
Yes, good tip. Thanks!
Old 12-22-2015, 04:15 PM   #12

Almost forgot Joanne,
We did bring a 5 Umbra hook with us to orientation and Reace had them cut it down to 4 and mount it to the right of the bathroom door towards the dinette. Absolutely, awesome to have those in that location. Kinda one of those options that is not really an option.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:46 PM   #13

Trailer: Escape 19, 2018: Last Best Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
Joanne,

We all like to share your excitement about your soon-to-be new Escape. You've already experienced how willing we all are to share our ideas. As we were in the dreaming process last year, it seemed to us that you could never have enough pictures of what others had done with theirs to give you ideas. In the off-season, when our Escape Goats is in storage, we find that to be a bigger problem. "So, what was on the left wall?" "Where did we store the [fill in the blank]?"

With that in mind, I created an album at the end of the season on our Flickr page just so we would have an off-season reference. So, hoping that this would be helpful to you as well, here's a link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/55571532@N05/albums/72157659150261505

Obviously, you can ignore the unhelpful pics. Next season, I'm going to add some measurements as well.

Hope that's helpful.

Honda Pilot 2019
ksitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 04:48 PM   #14

I get "bad link" and page won't open.
Have you set it to be available to the public, or is it restricted?
Old 12-22-2015, 04:52 PM   #15

I'll make sure the album is public.

Klaus

Honda Pilot 2019
Old 12-22-2015, 05:02 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I get "bad link" and page won't open.
Have you set it to be available to the public, or is it restricted?

Looks like it will take me a little while to figure this out. Sorry.

Honda Pilot 2019
Old 12-22-2015, 05:07 PM   #17

Okay, the link should now work, shared with the public.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/555715...57659150261505

Honda Pilot 2019
Old 12-22-2015, 05:14 PM   #18

Working well.
Excellent resource.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:36 PM   #19

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
KSitte,

Thanks much for the photos. I think that is a good idea to take reference photos and post them somewhere. I will do that in the Skylark sometime this spring when we are on our spring adventure. Thanks again.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:39 PM   #20

Back to thread.