Escape 19 or 21? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2016, 11:29 AM   #21

Trailer: 2022 Coachmen Nova 20C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray N View Post
..... The width of the bed isn't an issue with us either. Personally, I like the layout of the 19' better than that of the 21', but my wife, being somewhat claustrophobic, found the 19' too "tight" for her comfort. The extra 4" of overall width, combined with the end bath gave a feeling of openness that made all the difference to SWMBO.
Same here Ray
We were nearing retirement and getting ready to order a 19 when Norma stepped into the 21 Tammy & Reace brought to the Oregon Gathering in 2013.
She likes to cook in the trailer and never liked the bed adjacent to the kitchen in our17B. That, the big counter and extra aisle width sealed it - I couldn't scoop up one of the sweet 19s that came up on the used market as people ordered new 21s
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 12:22 PM   #22

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
We liked the 21 over the 19 because we are both extra large and long. The issue was having enough maneuver room to park where I wanted it in the yard; a big issue, that turned out bigger after we upgraded to a full-size Silverado.

When on the queen bed in the 19, I would have three-quarters of an inch of wall to wall length to spare. Though the midnight cross-over issue is real for us the queen was just wide enough to be comfortable, with not an inch to spare. Bed size and trailer maneuverability became the tipping points. We got the 19.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:07 PM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
John, can you help me understand what you mean here? There's cabinetry all around on the 19 (unless you're not counting the kitchen cabinets, etc).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Yes you are right, there are cabinets all around. what I meant was there is stacked cabinets plus the bathroom all along the drivers side which to me is a lot of wood veneer all in one spot. I like the way the bathroom on the 21 brings some of that tall cabinetry to the other side of the trailer.
John G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 04:43 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape 21 November 2014; 2022 GMC 1500 3.0L
John,
We initially ordered a 19 in early 2014, and then were graciously allowed to switch that order to a 21 at the annual gathering in Osoyoos, which we attended in a mini-van before completing our build sheet. Switching sizes may be much more difficult, if not impossible now. I'd definitely visit both models and lie down in the beds of both, as we did. The somewhat narrower bed is my only concern, and has me thinking from time to time about the fifth wheel, now that we have a truck.

On the 4Runner issue, we towed our 21 for over 20,000 miles with a V-6 2003 4Runner, and let us say it was, uh, adequate.
I added a transmission fluid cooler and a Scangauge II to watch temps. With the newer V-8, you should be fine, except I do recommend extended mirrors. I can't really advise on sway control, since I bought a used Andersen hitch assemly with sway control which has been fine for us, although others have had complaints and ETI no longer sells them.

Again, I highly recommend that you try on both size Escapes before ordering.

Bill
Bill and Earline is offline   Reply With Quote