Escape 19' vs 21' Decisions - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2018, 09:29 AM   #21

Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Or not!
This forum is no different then other forums, they just go in circles. I'm on other forums Motorcycles, Jeeps, model trains, Ram, different fiberglass trailers and there is no difference, it's like a revolving door on the same topics, that's just the way it is. If everyone used the "search button" then there wouldn't be much here to talk about, would there, but I find that sometimes I might just learn something new rehashing it all over again.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 09:35 AM   #22

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
One thing about the 21 compared to the 19 that is not mentioned is that in the 19, the cooking area is right by the bed, whereas in the 21, it seems to make more sense being near the table, which is also right next to the fridge.

It’s not that we don’t love the 19, which after all does have a full Queen in it, we just love the 21 a little better.
Chris & Patricia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:53 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape #2 On The Way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris & Patricia View Post
One thing about the 21 compared to the 19 that is not mentioned is that in the 19, the cooking area is right by the bed, whereas in the 21, it seems to make more sense being near the table, which is also right next to the fridge.

It’s not that we don’t love the 19, which after all does have a full Queen in it, we just love the 21 a little better.
Exactly, I can start frying bacon without ever leaving the sheets. I can also flip open the fridge and crack a Blue Buck all at 0700 . Try doing that in a 21. The biggest disappointment of the 19 is that it takes 1 and a 1/2 steps to reach the John, advantage 21.
Bakes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 12:04 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Twice a year I'm extremely happy that I went with the 19 and not the 21 or 5.0. When I have to wash and wax it, which the fall w&w begins this weekend.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 12:09 PM   #25

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Twice a year I'm extremely happy that I went with the 19 and not the 21 or 5.0. When I have to wash and wax it, which the fall w&w begins this weekend.
So, I guess that statement means 363 days a year you are unhappy with your 19?
Old 11-17-2018, 12:29 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
So, I guess that statement means 363 days a year you are unhappy with your 19?
Never used the word unhappy, said "twice a year I'm extremely happy."
363 days I'm simply happy.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 12:43 PM   #27

just checking, good to know...
Old 11-17-2018, 12:50 PM   #28

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Have experienced both the 21 and the 19. Both have conveniences. Of the two the wider aisle, easier out of the bed for either occupant, and more storage space are things we really notice and enjoy on the 21. The larger shower area is nice too. I’m pretty good sized so the extra width is real good for us. We do have enough room in the slightly smaller 21 bed and have such a good mattress (Casper) that we sleep soundly without a lot of thrashing around.
For me there was no difference in parking the 21 or storing it, or finding big enough sites in camp sites. The 19 is a great camper and we made a lot of great memories with it.
Iowa Dave
Old 11-17-2018, 01:27 PM   #29

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Have experienced both the 21 and the 19. Both have conveniences. Of the two the wider aisle, easier out of the bed for either occupant, and more storage space are things we really notice and enjoy on the 21. The larger shower area is nice too. I’m pretty good sized so the extra width is real good for us. We do have enough room in the slightly smaller 21 bed and have such a good mattress (Casper) that we sleep soundly without a lot of thrashing around.
For me there was no difference in parking the 21 or storing it, or finding big enough sites in camp sites. The 19 is a great camper and we made a lot of great memories with it.
Iowa Dave
Hey Dave, is the Caspar Mattress something that you bought separately, or did it come with the trailer? If you bought it separately, how did you get it to fit, did you provide them with the size as it has the corner cut off at the foot of the bed?

Thanks.
Chris & Patricia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 02:15 PM   #30

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris & Patricia View Post
Hey Dave, is the Caspar Mattress something that you bought separately, or did it come with the trailer? If you bought it separately, how did you get it to fit, did you provide them with the size as it has the corner cut off at the foot of the bed?
Thanks.
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7...tml#post224517
Old 11-17-2018, 02:25 PM   #31

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Jack and Nancy Allen owned our 19 and our 21 previous to us owning them. They had put the Casper in the 21. It does have a corner cut off and is a little shorter than the full plywood length in the 21 but we use the top end to store the pillows we sleep on during the night and the decorative day pillows go on the dinette seat. The corner is cut off and Rita sewed a custom corner on the bed spread so it looks and is nicely fitted. We really like this mattress. For more details you could PM “AZJack” My back is a little suspect at times so I like a good mattress.
Iowa Dave
Old 11-21-2018, 12:45 PM   #32

Trailer: 2016 21’ Escape
I noticed that some people seem to think the 19’ tows better then the 21’. We have a 21’ and personally I think it tows like a charm. I’m surprised when I glance down at the speedometer. I agree with all the advantages of the 21’. We love it!!
jjrint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 01:50 PM   #33

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
I have spent many hours poring over the responses made in this thread and many other similar threads on this forum, have created a database of the responses, and cross-correlated the results between the various responders, and the following are my conclusions:

1) When giving purchasing advice for a new Escape trailer, a significant majority of Escape owners will recommend the model of Escape trailer that they own as being better than other models.
2) A vast majority of Escape owners will indicate that the options they chose for their own Escape are better than other options that may be available.

And there you have it! Depending on what answer you are looking for, you just have to ask the right person!

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 01:55 PM   #34

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I've noticed that folks believe they purchased the best available when they did so, no matter the product. Human nature I guess.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:30 PM   #35

Trailer: 1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Meter
First post however longtime reader here on the forum and trailer owner.

Go BIG or Go Home!

The trailer you purchase will ultimately be the trailer you WILL sell at some point. Given the target market for those that purchase this type of 5th wheel trailer (55 and up) the advantages of the 21 foot could provide a better return on your expenditure than the 19 foot when that time comes to sell.

I know I know you don't intend to sell HOWEVER you or your heirs will at some point sell which ever trailer you ultimately purchase.

Remember "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!:"
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 02:57 PM   #36

Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
I've noticed that folks believe they purchased the best available when they did so, no matter the product. Human nature I guess.
I would agree with that somewhat, we purchased a new Casita to see if we wanted to go camping in that style and size of trailer and a trailer that would have very good resale if we changed our minds. So far so good with the Casita as we have meet many new friends and the Casita life is good. As things go we might want to move up to a little larger trailer someday so we are just looking and asking questions about the Escapes, Olivers, and Bigfoots which I'm pretty sure these would be the only one's we would even consider to move up to.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 03:07 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrint View Post
I noticed that some people seem to think the 19’ tows better then the 21’. We have a 21’ and personally I think it tows like a charm. I’m surprised when I glance down at the speedometer. I agree with all the advantages of the 21’. We love it!!
Perhaps the reason they think the 19 tows better is because those of us who have towed a 21 and a 19 know that the 21 tows better from experience, not from thought....
Old 11-21-2018, 03:20 PM   #38

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
I think it's pretty obvious that people will prefer what they bought, not to defend their choice, but simply because they bought what they think is best for them.

That means that to get the answer you want (since it is common for people to be just looking for confirmation) just ask someone who has what you want. To get a useful recommendation, ask people who have similar needs (number of people, style of use, type of tow vehicle, whatever). To get specific bits of information to differentiate the choices, ask why owners chose their model.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 03:35 PM   #39

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
There is an ailment mostly common to boat owners called 2 foot fever. It can be caught by trailer owners too. We caught it after placing an order for the escape 17. One month later we switched the order to a 19, then 2 weeks later we switched to a 21. Luckily all was done before it was too late to change. We're very happy with the size of the 21.
bailiej757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 03:46 PM   #40

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post

Even though I bought a 17B, I've repeatedly recommended the 19'.