Escape 19' vs 21' Decisions - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-13-2020, 11:30 PM   #81

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
My hat is off to you John. I hate going into that lot with our Highlander let alone our Tundra and trailer.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 11:17 AM   #82

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
What annoys me most when parking when towing is that some places where you stop have RV parking spots. With a small car parked in the middle.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 04:06 PM   #83

Trailer: 21' Escape Trailer (June 2018)
Having owned a 17' Casita, a 19' Escape, and now a 21' Escape and having towed with a relatively large V6 and a Sequoia with a 5.7 V8 my suggestion would be a large V8 for the 21'.
Bob in Bend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 04:24 PM   #84

Trailer: Escape 21NE
Back to the OP's original question, things have changed since he originally asked the 19 vs 21 question.

We currently have a Burro 13, and had seen a 19 at a neighboring campsite and thought that was the ideal dream for us as an upgrade. Then we visited the factory and saw the new 21NE - and chose that. If we were younger, we would have chosen the 19...when we were working, we didn't take extended trips and were out & about a lot more away from our trailer during the day. But now that we're retiring and will be taking extended trips and spending more time inside the trailer, the extra 4" width and huge dinette area made the 21NE a more attractive than the 19. Even room for yoga!
felix2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 04:51 PM   #85

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Bend View Post
Having owned a 17' Casita, a 19' Escape, and now a 21' Escape and having towed with a relatively large V6 and a Sequoia with a 5.7 V8 my suggestion would be a large V8 for the 21'.
Or an F150 2.7, tows it beautifully. Love it.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 10:01 AM   #86

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
Even taking 2x2 drivethrough spaces, my longbed f250 + e21 stick WAY out into the traffic lanes on both ends, especially in markets with relatively cramped parking lots, like the westside Safeway here in Santa Cruz.
I went with an Escape 19. It is very tempting to up size to a 21, not a lot of weight or cost difference. But, my tow vehicle is 20 feel long. The 19 has everything we want in a trailer. If storage becomes and issue there is always the option of carrying somethings in the tow vehicle. We have run into many roads where the length of the vehicle is limited. While people routinely ignore it, if they are involved in an accident, it can be used to determine who was at fault.

Standard parking spaces are 20' deep, so two nose to nose are 40'.

Also, campsite sizes can be an issue too. For example: The campsite I reserved says it accepts an RV or trailer length that's shorter than the length of my RV or trailer. Can I still use the campsite?

RV and trailer length listed for each campsite indicate the maximum length of an RV and/or trailer the campsite can easily accommodate. In many cases, the maximum lengths for RVs and trailers are different because the campsites are not pull-through sites. Factors limiting RV/trailer length include access roads into some campgrounds and the turning radius required to maneuver into the site. In any case, if you reserve a campsite for an RV or trailer that is longer than specified for the campsite and can park all of your RV's or trailer's wheels onto the parking pad without obstructing traffic, you can use the campsite. However, we do not recommend taking this risk. If you're unable to get your RV or trailer into the campsite, we won't be able to find another campsite for you. You can call the campground office at the phone number listed in your reservation if you have questions about a specific campsite. Please read the site alerts carefully, and realize that the lengths allowable are almost always different depending on if you are in a RV or a trailer (trailer maneuverability limits trailer length).
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 08:02 PM   #87
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
My hat is off to you John. I hate going into that lot with our Highlander let alone our Tundra and trailer.
i hate going into that market period. safeway has gone way downhill since it was merged with albertsons and turned into a giant mashup of a CVS + supermarket.

I do most of my local shopping at Costco (bulk stuff) and Shoppers Corner (good food!)
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote