Escape 21 bed width...any regrets - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2020, 09:40 PM   #21

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Talking bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
We find the Escape 21 bed to work really well. We don't think it is too tight, even though we sleep on a king bed at home.

One of our favorite aspects of the Escape 21 is not having to crawl over one another to get out of bed. It's a great, great feature.
We went with the front bed E21 and will pick it up April 27th. Reasons were that we wanted a rear dinette for many reasons, mostly for grandkids, but also for the view out the rear windows..we didn't wanna stare at the Tow Vehicle out front ;-) while dining!

The std front bed "sleeps bigger" for US..bks two folks can sleep along the sides, which you cannot do if there is walk around space there [bks of possible falling out of bed]. Wife sleeps on driver side, in her usual L side down stance...and I get the passenger side, sleeping on MY usual right side down, w my back against the bathroom wall..perfect for us. BTW that was the best setup in our Casita 17 Independence too.
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:43 AM   #22

Trailer: Looking to buy 2020 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
No regrets with rhe bed in our Escape 21 . It has never prevented me from getting a good nights sleep .

Thanks Steve
ChristineMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:44 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericw View Post
No regrets (and no dogs). We rented a motor home for 2 weeks in Alaska with the same size bed so we were confident in the bed size before we put money down.

Thanks Eric
Old 03-04-2020, 06:50 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmo7000 View Post
There always needs to be a dissenting opinion... we opted for the 19 specifically because it has a full size queen. We bought it after having never seen either a 19 or a 21. When we picked it up, we viewed all the models in Escape's showroom and had 0 regrets about getting the 19. I think the bed in the 21 would have been too tight for us. We are medium size folks, but I need my space! The crawl-over is a pain but most definitely not a deal-breaker. If you are happy sleeping right next to your partner and don't need space to sprawl, you'll be fine with the 21. If not, I'd get the 19. Of course, the best way to know for sure would be to try both out, if you can!
Thanks salmo
Think I will end up crawling into both those beds in the showroom....lol
Old 03-04-2020, 06:52 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
We find the Escape 21 bed to work really well. We don't think it is too tight, even though we sleep on a king bed at home.

One of our favorite aspects of the Escape 21 is not having to crawl over one another to get out of bed. It's a great, great feature.
Hi Bea
We also have King bed at home, our last trailer was a Rubicon 21 and had a double bed, was alittle tight but perhaps the layout will make difference
Thanks for your reply
Old 03-04-2020, 06:54 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain_gal View Post
Mark us down as happy with the 21. Crawl over was not acceptable for us.

Our dog sleeps on the floor
Thanks Mountain girl
Old 03-04-2020, 06:56 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratos175 View Post
We also sleep with two dogs in our 21' and one of them is a 50lb bulldog, its sort of liking sleeping with a hairy 50lb bag of flour once it lays down its there.
That being said we had a 17' Casita with the full queen and the climb over to get out non option. To me climbing over or skooching out is to different movements but the same thing, hard to do either without disturbing the person next to you so for that part I personally don't feel there's much difference between the two.

Also with a wall on each side of you in a 21' you get to use the full width of the bed because your not worried about falling out, at home you probably don't sleep right on the edge of your bed unless its against a wall.

We love our Escape and pretty sure it will be the last trailer we own, only reason I would change that is when we go more full time if they are making this 23' would look at that maybe.

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
Thanks for your reply Steve
Old 03-04-2020, 06:59 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
I guess it's personal outlook.

When crawling over in either our 16' Scamp or 17' Casita we always seemed to wake the other person up. We skooch out of the queen in our 5.0 and literally never wake the other up.

Each of us has roughly 13" of space from the bed to the outside wall to throw our feet and arms. There is a lot more room to sleep when you're not up against a wall. In our previous campers we found the wall makes the bed smaller, not bigger.

In every camper there are compromises and there is no perfect camper. Escape meets our need at a price we could afford.

While we were creating our build sheet we probably talked to 20 or more owners either face to face of on the phone, and asked questions on the forum. Don't be shy, and remember, the only stupid question is the one not asked.

Enjoy,

Perry
Thanks Perry
You are right that there is no perfect trailer but Escape come pretty close for us
i appreciate your feedback
Old 03-04-2020, 07:02 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
Having had the 19' previously, we can say we much prefer the layout and bed of our 21'. The crawl-over itself wasn't so bad, it was the fact that the bed was so high off the floor! I slept next to the window so, if I had to get out in the middle of the night, it was not only crawling over my husband but trying to balance and get my foot down on the floor without tumbling off the bed (which I did on a number of occasions). While the queen was nice, we have not missed it and find the bed in the 21' gives us plenty of room (we sleep on a queen at home). While our dogs don't normally sleep with us, we let our 20 lb spaniel up with us on a recent camping trip and he did just fine. If you have a chance to see/try both the 19' and 21', that will certainly help you make up your mind.
Thanks Jan
Great point about the height of queen, I am only 5`3`an somewhat clumsy
I definately will be testing out both beds in showroom
Old 03-04-2020, 07:05 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybee View Post
We went with the front bed E21 and will pick it up April 27th. Reasons were that we wanted a rear dinette for many reasons, mostly for grandkids, but also for the view out the rear windows..we didn't wanna stare at the Tow Vehicle out front ;-) while dining!

The std front bed "sleeps bigger" for US..bks two folks can sleep along the sides, which you cannot do if there is walk around space there [bks of possible falling out of bed]. Wife sleeps on driver side, in her usual L side down stance...and I get the passenger side, sleeping on MY usual right side down, w my back against the bathroom wall..perfect for us. BTW that was the best setup in our Casita 17 Independence too.
Thanks Hollybee, great point about the window view. I like that much better also
Old 03-04-2020, 10:22 AM   #31

Trailer: Not purchased yet
Im a soon to be ordering almost owner. 😊
I started with looking at the 19. Then 5.0. I was sold on the 21NE but realized I preferred a rear dinette/lounge. I’m a single so the standard 21 is ok. That was my choice. Think about where you may sit to look outside while having coffee or something stronger.
wkilburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 05:08 PM   #32

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Talking Front dinette??

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkilburg View Post
I started with looking at the 19. Then 5.0. I was sold on the 21NE but realized I preferred a rear dinette/lounge. I’m a single so the standard 21 is ok. That was my choice. Think about where you may sit to look outside while having coffee or something stronger.
I have seen our truck and hate the View from the front: bathhouse, folks walking by, trucks driving by, trash trucks, etc. we prefer view from rear dinette :-)
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 05:29 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkilburg View Post
Agreed....looks like the 21 has pulled ahead again
Old 03-04-2020, 05:39 PM   #34

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
No regrets on the 21 bed. Of course that is coming from my wife & I sleeping in a full size (double) bed for 45 years with no problems. Now I travel solo and have way too much room!