Escape 21 options? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2017, 10:42 PM   #61

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Pat,
Looking forward to seeing the install.
Are you replacing a pull out cord or an existing removable unit?
Hi Greg . Yes going to cut the cord so to speak . The fingers are breaking off in opening where cord comes out . . I also had a big tangle when it was cold and no fun it was pouring rain ( Washington) requires getting under the bed . I had separated cord also , so had to unscrew the ply first to get at it . We are getting the stainless .They do have it in plastic like Furion and others, but their system . I got the whole kit including the cord . Getting another end and make a spare cord out of what I cut off . The Orange cords are for boats and the black are for RV's . You can get parts though ,from Marine stores . There sure are a great company . I bought from Camping World but Smartplug in Seattle ships to me . Camping World was shipping economy and would of taken longer . Talking to Smartplug they shipped right out to me after phone call and faster , better shipping . Sent me all kinds of information to help with installation . Trying to decide and install like Ryan did or get a stainless plate . The opening is larger with the cord then detachable. I thought if there was enough room just drill a new hole and leave the original alone . I don't think there is enough room though . We'll see . Definetly will post . Kind of excited like I was finding the stainless door hinges . I love stainless just like chrome on vehicles. Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:44 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Can't wait to see it, Pat. An easy job for you, I know.
Thanks Cathy . I don't like to think something is easy though because for sure that's when there's trouble . Pat
Old 04-27-2017, 10:45 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp271 View Post
I just picked up my E21 last Friday and am driving it back to Maryland (attached photo is descending Stevens Pass on Saturday). Presently I am in Missoula, MT. I really like the rearview camera. I recommend it.
We have one and also love it . Pretty cool to have . Pat
Old 04-27-2017, 10:53 PM   #64

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Brian looks like Smartplug has new items for 50 amp . Take a look see . Pat
They currently have a 50-amp inlet and connector set, but not complete cordsets. I asked SmartPlug about this, and they said that it is in progress and their next product to be released.

For the trailer, I would like to be able to get an extension cord (SmartPlug on both ends), or at least the male cord end to make one. They don't currently have either, but will soon have the connector, which is enough.

This was their response to my query:
Quote:
Thanks for looking into SmartPlug as your power solution.

SmartPlug, continues to expand their product offering. First, we have recently completed the tooling for a 50 amp cord set. We are in the test phase with ETL / UL & CSA for their certification and approval of the product. We are using approved components and are familiar with the test procedures, and don't anticipate any significant issues, just a few more weeks...

With the closing of the 50 Amp Project we will shift our efforts to our next project which will include a Male Cord End Connector. The concept design is done and is going through final engineering approval. Once engineering signs off, then we will jump into the tooling process. With the closing of the 50 Amp Project we will have several focused resources on this Project.

Once we get through these few projects, we will be able to create the mix of pigtails and other adapters needed for our customers to be able to hookup in every scenario that may come up in the market.

2017 is going to be a great year for Smartplug and our customers who have supported our technology.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:01 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
They currently have a 50-amp inlet and connector set, but not complete cordsets. I asked SmartPlug about this, and they said that it is in progress and their next product to be released.

For the trailer, I would like to be able to get an extension cord (SmartPlug on both ends), or at least the male cord end to make one. They don't currently have either, but will soon have the connector, which is enough.

This was their response to my query:
Pat
Old 04-27-2017, 11:02 PM   #66

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
I just picked up my E21 last Friday and am driving it back to Maryland (attached photo is descending Stevens Pass on Saturday). Presently I am in Missoula, MT. I really like the rearview camera. I recommend it.
Wow, you will really get attention! Congrats!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:39 AM   #67

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Hey John,
Hello from York,Pa from a displaced Baltimoron who also lived in Columbia, Md before relocation to the north.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:36 AM   #68

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Post 22

I know it's impossible to keep up with all of these posts.

Yikes! I missed that post. I don't seem to be having those issues with mine. Hope they have fixed them, but thanks for pointing them out. I will keep a watchful eye.

Regards,

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote