Escape 23 Floor Plans - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-19-2022, 07:13 PM   #41

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23 on order, 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Laramie
The notion of having a longer, wider and heavier trailer that has less usable interior space than our 21C boggles my mind. Well, not really a boggle, but surely a kerfluffel.
bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 07:30 AM   #42
Wig

Trailer: 2022 21C
Wet/Dry bath

Everyone’s needs are different. Our previous trailer was a 2014 Casita SD, never used the shower. We found the restrooms where we camped to be clean and a lot roomier. When we sold the Casita a women came to look at it and absolutely loved it. The fact that it had a two burner stove as opposed to 3 burner was a deal breaker for her. In the 7 years I owned the Casita I never once thought I needed a 3rd burner. Different strokes.
Wig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 10:06 AM   #43

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
I would rather have a wet bath and a bigger kitchen or closet area. I would rather have a double sink than a fry bath.
Old 11-20-2022, 02:31 PM   #44

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C "S.S. Iceburg"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
I would rather have a wet bath and a bigger kitchen or closet area. I would rather have a double sink than a fry bath.
A great option would be clothing bars on mounts in the shower, with matching mounts in the bedroom area (corners). Then the shower can be a closet when not in use.
kernwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 06:09 PM   #45

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
I have a tension rod I put in my shower for wet thing sometimes.
Old 11-20-2022, 06:27 PM   #46
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by bborzell View Post
The notion of having a longer, wider and heavier trailer that has less usable interior space than our 21C boggles my mind. Well, not really a boggle, but surely a kerfluffel.
Do we know how the "usable interior space" actually compares, both in square footage, and proximity to working surfaces (like counters)? Coming from a Casita, what we liked most about our 21C was being able to pass each other in the hallway, even when one is working at the galley.
Old 11-20-2022, 10:15 PM   #47

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23 on order, 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLynn View Post
Do we know how the "usable interior space" actually compares, both in square footage, and proximity to working surfaces (like counters)? Coming from a Casita, what we liked most about our 21C was being able to pass each other in the hallway, even when one is working at the galley.
I don’t have a sense of the specifics. I have just looked at the overheads and extrapolated. My take is that there ain’t much passing in the hallway cause there ain’t much of a hallway.
bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 07:10 AM   #48
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bborzell View Post
I don’t have a sense of the specifics. I have just looked at the overheads and extrapolated. My take is that there ain’t much passing in the hallway cause there ain’t much of a hallway.
Depends on your definition, I suppose. I am on the Wait List for the E23, but aside from the separate shower (dry bath) and a larger (more comfortable?) dinette, I don't see much to recommend it over our E21C, which is plenty of camper for two people.
Old 11-29-2022, 01:49 PM   #49

Trailer: 2005 Casita 17 Freedom Deluxe
Hi All,

Laura and I are on “the list” for the Escape 23. Always fun to read people’s opinions, preferences, etc. regarding a camper. Interestingly, if Laura and I were designing the perfect camper for the two of us in terms of the floor plan, it would literally be the floor plan of the Escape 23!!! However, the perfect floor plan has the compromise of being at the upper limit in terms of external dimensions. Obviously, our perfect floor plan demands dimensions larger than our current Casita! The other disadvantage for the Escape 23 will be the anticipated price. We still love traveling in our Casita and it is about the perfect size in terms of external dimensions, but I could envision us wanting more space at some point. And, we own the Casita with no payments. Phew. A “compromise” for us might be the Escape 21C. Bigger than the Casita but smaller (and less expensive) than the Escape 23. A final variable for us will be the tow vehicle. We plan to replace our Kia Borrego V8 (midsize SUV) in two years. The Escape 21 and 23 will require a full-size (half-ton) truck. Our Casita allows us to consider mid-sized trucks as well. Once again bringing up the issues of size and price.

In the meantime, we will keep enjoying camping in our Casita and we will continue to enjoy watching the development of the Escape 23.

Happy Camping to All,

Dean

P.S. - We live 2.5 hours from the Oliver plant and we love the Olivers, too. But, those pesky issues of price and size come up again! Actually, we are fans of the narrower Oliver relative to the Escape 23, but the Oliver will be heavier (and have an even fatter price tag).
DeanCHS1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 04:10 PM   #50

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
We know someone who recently sold their 21C and bought a Airstream 27FB, which has essentially the same floorplan as the Escape 23. The fact that it has 4 more feet makes all the difference and after walking through it cannot imagine the Escape being anything but claustrophobic.
https://www.airstream.com/travel-tra...oorplans/27fb/
Old 11-29-2022, 04:25 PM   #51
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
We know someone who recently sold their 21C and bought a Airstream 27FB, which has essentially the same floorplan as the Escape 23. The fact that it has 4 more feet makes all the difference and after walking through it cannot imagine the Escape being anything but claustrophobic.
https://www.airstream.com/travel-tra...oorplans/27fb/
The 27' version is 8'5.5" wide, which is about a foot wider than the E23, and I expect considerably heavier (and more expensive). Airstream has a slightly narrower 23' version of the Flying Cloud, but that has a different floorplan.
Old 11-29-2022, 06:02 PM   #52

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Definitely way more $$$ & the Base weight is 4,806 lbs.

Just pointing out the difference 4' makes in the same floorplan. The same could be said for the difference between a 17B and a 21NE. Having owned a 17B & now a 21C I know well what that 4' does for you.
Old 11-29-2022, 06:17 PM   #53

Trailer: 2023 E19
In terms of floorplan and overall size, I think the 23 would compare somewhat closely to that of the Vista Cruiser 19ERD.

https://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/prod...er/model/19ERD

It's certainty not apples-to-apples. Both the kitchen and bathroom layouts would be reversed. Not to mention the Escape will be 4-5" wider and feature a slightly different dinette layout. However, I think the 360 view of the Vista Cruiser will provide a rough idea as to how the space will feel in an E23.
Selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 06:25 PM   #54

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
I will say that I do like the 25FB Twin layout. I've been in them several times. But at a foot wider, weighing 2,000 lbs more and an additional $60,000 we are more than happy with roomy 21C.

I do see where the idea of the Escape 23 gots its footing.
Attached Thumbnails
2021-Airstream-International-25FB-Twin-aqua-1024x357.png  
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 06:30 PM   #55
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Definitely way more $$$ & the Base weight is 4,806 lbs. We could afford one, yet not our style of camping.

Just pointing out the difference 4' makes in the same floorplan. The same could be said for the difference between a 17B and a 21NE. Having owned a 17B & now a 21C I know well what that 4' does for you.
Ditto on the difference between a Casita 17' and a 21C, as I said above.

However, the 21C is a foot wider (outside) than the Casita (7'4" vs. 6'8"), and that certainly helps widen the inside.