Escape 23 Floor Plans - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-21-2022, 09:13 AM   #1

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Escape 23 Floor Plans

So watching the latest video from Karl on the 23, and looking at the floor plans. That with the separate bath and shower there is not much if any more usable space than in the 21.
I guess the big draw is the dry bath. That would not be a deal sealer for me. I’m perfectly fine with the wet bath. I’m interested to know others opinions.
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 09:43 AM   #2

Trailer: SOLD - 2022 Escape 21NE
I was pretty set on waiting for a 23, but a 21NE was offered up for sale in my locale, and I decided to go for it.

I think the dry bath in the 23 would be a big improvement over the wet, but I like the slightly smaller profile of the 21. I have a tight space at home to park it in, and the additional width of the 23 could make that task more difficult.

We can use the outdoor shower while the weather is warm, so it may be that having a dry bath is not that important to us after all.
Tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 10:29 AM   #3

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake930 View Post
So watching the latest video from Karl on the 23, and looking at the floor plans. That with the separate bath and shower there is not much if any more usable space than in the 21.
I guess the big draw is the dry bath. That would not be a deal sealer for me. I’m perfectly fine with the wet bath. I’m interested to know others opinions.
We’re very happy with our new 21C we picked up in June. It’s got plenty of space for the two of us and it’s very easy to tow. It’s a great trailer.

Aside from the dry bath feature you mentioned (and the obvious added width and length), the 23 does offer either a walk around bed or twin beds, a large L-shaped dinette, and an aluminum frame. All of those things are appealing, but sticker shock on this model is likely as well. It will be interesting to see what price level ETI decides to go with.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 11:13 AM   #4

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
We’re very happy with our new 21C we picked up in June. It’s got plenty of space for the two of us and it’s very easy to tow. It’s a great trailer.

Aside from the dry bath feature you mentioned (and the obvious added width and length), the 23 does offer either a walk around bed or twin beds, a large L-shaped dinette, and an aluminum frame. All of those things are appealing, but sticker shock on this model is likely as well. It will be interesting to see what price level ETI decides to go with.
If the Lance 2075 is any guide I'd assume the 23 will be in the neighborhood of $70k. Yikes!
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 11:53 AM   #5

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Interestingly, I have owned 2 prior Lance trailers, a 1880 and a 1575. Bigger and heavier than the Escapes they were nice units. But once I switched to fiberglass almost 10 years ago I can see all the benefits Escapes and fiberglass offer. One is fuel efficiency and the other is resale value....
Old 08-21-2022, 12:37 PM   #6

Trailer: 22' 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
Aside from the dry bath feature you mentioned (and the obvious added width and length), the 23 does offer either a walk around bed or twin beds, a large L-shaped dinette, and an aluminum frame.
It’s not all about extra space it’s how you use that space and you hit the nail on the head over the main features the 23 will have over other models. Though I imagine all will get the aluminum frame in time.

I agree, I think the starting price will be substantial jump compared to what the community has been used to between other models.
Sean2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 01:21 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake930 View Post
Hi: Jake 930... I've never had good luck with "Dry cleaning"!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 01:23 PM   #8

Trailer: Casita ... for now ...
I think the twin bed version will be a appealing feature of the 23...

... whenever this new model gets figured into the already crowded production schedule!
brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 01:51 PM   #9

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by brain View Post
... whenever this new model gets figured into the already crowded production schedule!
I'm sure Escape staff is feeling the need (aka corporate heat) to get to that point and start recovering R&D costs, but it seems they've a quite way to go yet to be there ....

It strikes me that this one is the biggest departure from what Escape has been doing since inception in many, many aspects, some very obvious but many of subtle but meaningful significance from a production standpoint. I noted Karl's mention of them considering what sounded like some sort of 'molded headliner', among other tidbits. All this means a lot of devilish details still to be worked out IMO.

I can't help but think that today's target for entering production are destined to do nothing but slip farther into the future and today's target for price (whatever that is) are destined to do nothing but escalate (YMMV).

It's interesting to follow for sure but I can't see holding-off on an RV purchase waiting for this unless one is making very long-range and very speculative plans.
Old 08-21-2022, 02:57 PM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post

I noted Karl's mention of them considering what sounded like some sort of 'molded headliner', among other tidbits.
Well if I was in the market for a 23 that would be an absolute deal killer. My first few boats had molded interiors. Always felt the inside of a fridge to me.

I was happy to end up with boats with warm nicely finished wood interiors. I'd take the current vinyl over f.g. any day.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 03:12 PM   #11

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Well if I was in the market for a 23 that would be an absolute deal killer. My first few boats had molded interiors. Always felt the inside of a fridge to me.

I was happy to end up with boats with warm nicely finished wood interiors. I'd take the current vinyl over f.g. any day.
Of course I have no idea what Karl might be envisioning when he mentioned 'molded headliner', but for me it prompted thoughts of the headliners used in most automobiles these days .... a thin but 'rigid' foam molded to the desired shape with a thin layer of resilient foam and cloth / vinyl bonded to that. In the automotive industry this is often referred to as a 'molded headliner'.

The result is a surface that's pleasing to the eye, touch, and acoustics, actually very similar to the tactile / visual characteristics of the current ceiling / headliner; but having very different characteristics from the current ETI construction in terms of production / assembly processes, perhaps offering advantages in that regard (it might be a very production-efficient way to get a 'finished ceiling' in a trailer).

All speculation at this point of course ....
Old 08-21-2022, 05:13 PM   #12

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23 on order, 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Laramie
The deal killer for us was the floor plan. Kinda like if you can’t get past the loss of living space in service of having dedicated space to wash your self off from time to time, then this offering just might not be for you.

Then there is the disconnect of added exterior size and weight with less usable interior space. It seems that someone at ETI thought it would be a good idea to make a smaller Big Foot. To me it appears to be the camper version of a sofa-bed. Adequate for either use, but not exceptional at either.

My original lack of interest was grounded in not wanting to buy another tow vehicle that would handle the extra bulk. But, despite the fact that I ended up with a truck with 11.5K lbs. tow capacity, I still have no interest in hooking anything up that is larger/heavier than our 21C.
bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 01:34 AM   #13

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
If we move from the 2020 19, the next step would be an Airstream 25' with twins. The Escape 23 is going to be 2x what we paid new for our 19. A used Airstream can be had for a good price in the southern states. My buddy paid $14k for a 31' Airstream 15 years old. I couldn't tell him how old it was or come close on guessing the price when I first saw it.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:49 AM   #14

Trailer: Casita ... for now ...
Don't get me wrong, I think it's going to be a really nice trailer. It's just they've been talking about it FOREVER and after seeing this video they are a LONG ways off from going into production (IMO).
brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 08:49 PM   #15

Trailer: N/A
If they priced it at 70k I think that would be a mistake. With options that starts pushing to 80-90k, now we’re in Airstream class, and the Escape is not an Airstream. Good luck to them if you can get it, and there’s a sucker born every minute and so forth. However it appears that the trailer bubble has hit pandemic peak and is on a slow or fast cool deflation as is what always happens in such circumstances.
EscapingDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 05:11 AM   #16

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapingDan View Post
If they priced it at 70k I think that would be a mistake. With options that starts pushing to 80-90k, now we’re in Airstream class, and the Escape is not an Airstream. Good luck to them if you can get it, and there’s a sucker born every minute and so forth. However it appears that the trailer bubble has hit pandemic peak and is on a slow or fast cool deflation as is what always happens in such circumstances.
Yup. That’s way out of my price range. At today’s prices I think the 21 would have been also. Glad we got it when we did.
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 07:21 AM   #17

Trailer: 2022 E19
I suspect they will do well with the 23.
Despite inflation and faltering economies the fact is that there is a lot of money around. And if you don't have the money you can borrow it easily. Too easily.
They probably need 100 people a year to cough up the dough out of two or three hundred million people in North America.
Good economy or bad I can't imagine that being a problem. (IMO)
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 10:37 AM   #18

Trailer: 2023 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender View Post
I suspect these will sell and likely at a higher price than you might expect (or hope).
Despite inflation and faltering economies the fact is that there is a lot of money around. And if you don't have the money you can borrow it easily. Too easily.
They probably need 100 people a year to cough up the dough out of two or three hundred million people in North America.
Good economy or bad I can't imagine that being a problem. (IMO)
I tend to agree. I suspect that the 23 will be priced such to make it an attractive alternative to an equivalent sized Oliver or Bigfoot. The target market demographic is likely to appreciate a good value for a high-quality trailer (especially if they don't need the true 4-season capability offered by the competition), but they are are not going to be as price sensitive as the majority of RV buyers.

Ultimately, this will remain a trailer built in relatively small volumes by a boutique manufacturer. There will likely always be more demand than supply.

I also don't understand the overwhelming demand for a dry bath. To me, a more space efficient wet bath makes far more sense for any RV in this size range. There must be a reason...I guess.

I'm more excited to see how some of the innovations developed for the 23 (IE the aluminum frame) will trickle down into the rest of the Escape line-up. I suspect that's how the R&D investment is being justified.
Selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 10:56 AM   #19
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkirk View Post
I also don't understand the overwhelming demand for a dry bath. To me, a more space efficient wet bath makes far more sense for any RV in this size range. There must be a reason...I guess.

I'm more excited to see how some of the innovations developed for the 23 (IE the aluminum frame) will trickle down into the rest of the Escape line-up. I suspect that's how the R&D investment is being justified.
You don't understand the need/want for a dry bath and I don't understand all the brouhaha over an aluminum frame.

I guess we'll both sit and wait for some compelling information. I don't see it happening...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 11:28 AM   #20

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I guess we'll both sit and wait for some compelling information. I don't see it happening...
Me either; especially with an uber profit centered & risk averse Private Equity owner such as KV Capital.