Escape 5.0 in Florida? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-28-2015, 06:02 PM   #1

Trailer: none
Escape 5.0 in Florida?

Hello,

I'm living in central Florida and am interested in the Escape 5.0. Unfortunately, as per Hayley at Escape, the closest unit in the customer referral list is in Greensboro, North Carolina. Does anyone know of a closer unit that I may be able to look at? Or is there going to be a Fiberglass Rally in Florida anytime soon? Thanks.
yogiyoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:00 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiyoda View Post
Hello,

I'm living in central Florida and am interested in the Escape 5.0. Unfortunately, as per Hayley at Escape, the closest unit in the customer referral list is in Greensboro, North Carolina. Does anyone know of a closer unit that I may be able to look at? Or is there going to be a Fiberglass Rally in Florida anytime soon? Thanks.
Hi: yogiyoda... Depending on where on earth you are in Florida there's one 5.0TA on its way to central Florida soon. I believe there's one 5.0TA on the east coast near Hobe Sound. Not all owners want to share their locale or are on the forum. We spent the winter touring some of Florida's State Parks.
The only fiberglass rally in Florida that I know is the Scamp Camp in Highlands Hammock St. Pk. at Sebring every Feb. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:13 PM   #3

Trailer: 21' Escape (June 2014)
If its a TA you're interested in, the 21 is just about the same from the door to the back.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:13 PM   #4

Thanks for the reply! I'm in Orlando, FL. Would be interested in more details about the 5.0TA heading to the area, and would also be willing to drive to Hobe Sound if the owner wouldn't mind showing the unit. Please feel free to PM me with details. Thanks again!
Old 05-28-2015, 07:17 PM   #5

Thanks Ray. If it's not possible to see a 5.0TA, then the 21 foot sounds like a decent consolation prize. One of the things I'm interested in though is head room. I believe that is different between the two units. I'm 6'3" (without shoes) so interior height is a key factor for me.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:50 PM   #6

Hmm, I still haven't heard anything about a these 5.0TAs in Florida. Anyone have any ideas on how to find one close to Orlando, FL?
Old 06-01-2015, 01:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Hmm, I still haven't heard anything about a these 5.0TAs in Florida. Anyone have any ideas on how to find one close to Orlando, FL?
Hi: yogiyoda... The folks heading for Dade Co. are at the rally in Osoyoos BC. They will be taking their sweet time heading home I'm sure. I know they might be incommunicado for a while due to poor wifi. Alf
Old 06-01-2015, 01:06 PM   #8

Thank you! Any idea if I can contact the Hobe Sound owners?
Old 06-01-2015, 02:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Thank you! Any idea if I can contact the Hobe Sound owners?
Hi: yogiyoda... "Weldingmedic" is the member you're looking for.
Alf
Old 06-01-2015, 04:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Thanks Ray. If it's not possible to see a 5.0TA, then the 21 foot sounds like a decent consolation prize. One of the things I'm interested in though is head room. I believe that is different between the two units. I'm 6'3" (without shoes) so interior height is a key factor for me.
Yeah, I understand. Escape advertises 6' 5" in the 19' and 21', but I'm just a bit over 6' 4" and can't stand straight up anywhere inside. I think it's really just a little under 6' 4" inside, so you should be pretty good, except for under the AC which hangs down a couple of more inches. We used to have an EggCamper, which was 6' 7" inside, and I do miss the extra headroom; however, I am a bit surprised at how well I've adapted to having to duck down in our 21' - I guess a lifetime of having to watch out for bumping my head prepared me.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:47 PM   #11

Thanks again Alf.

Ray, thanks for the info. That's exactly why I want to see a unit in person. I'd get cabin fever quickly if I couldn't stand up straight in the trailer. I took a brief tour of an egg camper before and could stand, but there was not much leeway at all. I would not want less head room than that.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:33 AM   #12

It sounds like you need the 5.0 TA.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:22 AM   #13

Trailer: 2014 5.0TA
I called Yogi and left a message so he can stop by and see the camper. If anybody else asks to see the 5.0TA, Hobe Sound, Fl is about 26 miles North of West Palm Beach Florida on the ocean. It's covered up until Oct. (To HOT to camp) but they can still go inside.
Thanks, Mark
Weldingmedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 02:22 PM   #14

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
That's exactly why I want to see a unit in person. I'd get cabin fever quickly if I couldn't stand up straight in the trailer. I took a brief tour of an egg camper before and could stand, but there was not much leeway at all. I would not want less head room than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray N View Post
It sounds like you need the 5.0 TA.
Although I'm shorter than you (5'10"), I hear ya on that. I was concerned about hitting the a/c in the 21, but it was fine. However, in the 5.0TA I didn't have any worries at all. I was also able to sit in bed without banging my head; more of my height is in my legs, so not sure how that would work for you.

Sounds like you'll be able to tour one in your neck of the woods - good for that. I also did not feel confined in the 5.0TA either.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 05:45 AM   #15

Thanks for the info. Being able to sit up in the bed is important too. Hopefully it will work for me too. And the bathroom is a concern too. I've heard it's only 72" to 75" tall.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:55 AM   #16

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
I can't answer on the height in the bathroom, but I did not feel too tall in there. Granted, you're taller than me, so don't go 100% on what I'm saying. I can tell ya that there's more room in there to shower than there was in the enclosed shower stall in the 32' Jayco motorhome I rented for a week. So, I know *I* won't have any problems taking a shower in there. But others have stated it's too small for them.

(And cover up the toilet with a trash bag when you take a shower, as someone mentioned in another thread - great tip!)

I'm giving serious consideration to leaving the sink out, installing some holders from RV Widgets and then having ETI install this faucet (to go along with my Ecocamel shower head):

Faucet, Shower, Classical, Satin Nickel DF-SA150-SN
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote