Escape Opening Texas Branch? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2021, 11:56 AM   #1

Trailer: Looking
Escape Opening Texas Branch?

I remember reading pre-COVID that Escape was looking at opening a US branch somewhere in the Dallas area. I assume that was put on hold due to COVID, but has anyone heard any other details on that plan? It would be much more convenient to pick the trailer up there and get serviced there if needed.
pmaknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 03:27 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Last I know from talking with ETI in December is that it’s on hold until Covid restrictions are significantly eased. At first it is envisioned as a sales outlet, and later possibly a second manufacturing location.
Old 01-14-2021, 04:33 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
There is a preowned trailer for sale in your area listed on the Escape web page...
Attached Thumbnails
258ED25C-CF08-4D84-A077-4F759E7CDEA3.jpg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 05:18 PM   #4

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
There is a preowned trailer for sale in your area ...
Well, the same state at least (Flower Mound is ~240 miles / ~3:45 drive time from that trailer); even in Texas we don't call that 'in your area'.
Old 01-14-2021, 07:57 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 5.0TA "The HAB"
Yeah we do!
Tford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:33 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
I live on the east side of Houston and shop at a Costco on the west side - 120 miles round trip. No big deal - we live in Texas and are used to it.
Old 01-15-2021, 01:34 AM   #7

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
I don't understand why they would. I can't come up with a business model better than what they are currently doing. If they add anything south of the border, there are going to be costs. Whose going to pay for it. The customer. What they are currently doing is working great, they have an army of sale people all over North America and more than a 1 year back log. I have worked for companies that took unnecessary risks, and for the best part it wasn't worth the gamble. This is a cyclical market that can go in the toilet over night.

When they built a proto type for a boat, I thought that was a mistake. There is to much competition in the market segment. The larger boat manufacteurs have plants in Mexico. How do you compete. Many US Escape customers don't really understand how much of an impact the currency exchange has on there purchase.

If they want to come to market with a new product, copy the Toyota SunRader.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:24 AM   #8

Trailer: Looking
I wish I could buy one now, but I am still about 3 years out. I'm also waiting to see how the 23 ends up and and how much it will cost.

I have 2 kids, so I'm hoping there is a bunk option on the 23 like they've been hinting at. I'm also hoping the Texas branch opens, as it would be extremely convenient for me. I'm 6'5" so the 5.0 or the 23 are probably my best bets for the inside height and the beds. I'm sold on getting an Escape trailer for the build quality. I want to buy one trailer and keep it for 20 years.

I'll keep reading the forum and planning in the meantime. I do think the Texas branch would help them sell more Escapes. I imagine there are a lot of Casita buyers that would buy as Escape if it was more convenient. They may need extra molds for the extra trailers they would sell, but I think they have a great product with tons of extra demand, so why not sell more units to meet that demand?

I love reading this forum while I wait and I appreciate all of your great input!
pmaknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:09 AM   #9

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Boom bust

The RV business is cyclical. Back in 2009 everybody was in dire straits. Now, can't make them fast enough. Expansion is always a risky move.
HABBERDABBER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 10:36 AM   #10

The rationale I heard, true or not I don’t know, is:

75% of sales are US, and the largest concentration of those is TX. I would have guessed PNW, but that’s not what I heard.

Just to reiterate, it’s what I heard, but I cannot verify it.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:05 AM   #11

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
.... it’s what I heard ....
A 'voice from above'?; a '.... source not authorized to speak on the record ....'?

(sorry, I always wonder when I read "I heard ..." with no attribution )
Old 01-15-2021, 11:06 AM   #12

Trailer: 2023 Escape 21C
Also most of components come from the US
Greatboatz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 04:33 PM   #13

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
At the fall 2019 Pineknot rally, Karl Kinney gave a presentation and part of it was talking about future plans. At that (pre-Covid) time, they were hoping to open a distribution and warranty service center in the US in late 2020 with a long term goal, still being looked at, of adding a US manufacturing facility as well. They were looking at the Dallas/Fort Worth area as centrally located with just a single facility in mind.

Back then there were few deliveries and they were very expensive. With Covid changing everything in 2020 they came up with a new delivery system with greatly reduced pricing and it has been a big success, in the letter with the calendar recently I think they said they did about 200 deliveries in 2020. I assume that any US expansion plans are, at this point, still on hold and will be reevaluated post-Covid when things return to some semblance of normalcy.
Old 01-15-2021, 05:17 PM   #14

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
Has anyone picked up a trailer in Denton, TX (Escape delivery HUB for Texas)? Wondering if you pickup at a freight terminal/hub, parking lot, or they have some special arrangement with a RV dealership....
bobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 05:30 PM   #15

Trailer: Casita 17' SD former 2020 21C current
Denton, TX pick-up

We picked up our 21C at the Denton location.The location is off 380 at a recent sized lot with many individual small buildings. There is an on-site towing company located there. The long haul truck parks there and the tow truck off loads the Escape.
Very quick and seamless. They both do a very good job. You can inspect the Escape as well as drive around the lot(plenty of room to turn around) to test your controller.
We had no issue with the delivery.
md cawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 05:39 PM   #16

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
Thanks for the information. Just put a deposit on a 19, not sure if we will pick up in Sumas or do the delivery to Denton. Depends on the time of year and if we can get off for enough time to make it an enjoyable adventure...
bobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 07:34 PM   #17

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
thats my plan too. I would love to drive to Sumas and pickup but the time of year may make a delivery,even partially across country necessary. I live in Fl but may do a Texas delivery if dead of winter...depends if and when My build dates get moved..excited
Old 01-15-2021, 10:52 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
The rationale I heard, true or not I don’t know, is:

75% of sales are US, and the largest concentration of those is TX. I would have guessed PNW, but that’s not what I heard.

Just to reiterate, it’s what I heard, but I cannot verify it.
Conversations with sales, not management.
Old 01-16-2021, 06:49 AM   #19

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by md cawley View Post
We picked up our 21C at the Denton location.The location is off 380 at a recent sized lot with many individual small buildings. There is an on-site towing company located there. The long haul truck parks there and the tow truck off loads the Escape.
Very quick and seamless. They both do a very good job. You can inspect the Escape as well as drive around the lot(plenty of room to turn around) to test your controller.
We had no issue with the delivery.

We will pick up our 5.0 in Denton the first of February. Do you have to be there when the truck arrives or will they hold the unit in their lot? While I certainly hope to be there to see it unload I don't know how it will coordinate with my work schedule.
uthorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 07:57 AM   #20

Trailer: Casita 17' SD former 2020 21C current
Denton, TX pick-up

When I picked up the Escape, I was given the location and appointment time(estimated time of arrival) ahead of time. Also, told that I would be advised of any ETA changes. I felt that the communication process was well thought-out.
Prior to delivery, I received call from the trucking company confirming arrival details. When I arrived the delivery truck and tow truck operator were waiting.
I don't know if they will drop off without you there. You could ask during one of your communication with ETI and the trucking company.
Things to think about: You will be given paperwork from the driver that you sign and you note any damage(this is your opportunity to inspect for damage during transit). You watch the off loading by the towing operator( you can view to insure no damage). You will also have the opportunity to insure all paid options completed prior to sign off.
Hope all goes well. My delivery was great.
md cawley is offline   Reply With Quote