Escape sighting? - Page 20 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2015, 10:18 PM   #381

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
I wanna go back to Moab! Did you try the Quesadilla food truck? #1 on Trip Advisor.
Darn no, leaving in morning, but next time! We had the chiliburgers at Milts twice, one of the best we've ever had.
ddeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 01:52 PM   #382

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Road trip: 4,187 miles, 0 Escape trailers. How can that be?
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 02:23 PM   #383

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
After close to 30,000 miles I have yet seen another Escape on the road......!!!!
Old 10-06-2015, 03:07 PM   #384

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Sightings

We have only seen a couple of escapes truly out and away from the factory or not associated with attendance at a rally. I have seen more when I was on the road not towing than when I've been towing ours. Last weekend , 1300 miles to a football game, saw one Scamp southbound near Indy. Things really get scarce in this country about now. Except for big stickbuilts on Interstate 80 heading for depleted dealerships. There's a lot of miles of road out there and only 1200 or so Escapes. Probably less than 25% on the road moving at any one time. Divide the number of Escapes into the miles of surfaced roads in the USA and Canada. And you'll marvel that you see any at all. That's my thoughts.

Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 03:07 PM   #385

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Where did you get to Karen?

Ps. Expect to be at Silverreef in about ten days.

Pps amen Dave. I try to stay off interstates if possible too.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 03:14 PM   #386

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Just finished out 9,600 mile trip and saw a total of 13 Escapes of varied sizes.....no 5.0TAs like we have. Stopped in Kodachrome and, to our surprise, there were two others parked across from us. Don't remember their names but they were from Dallas area. Our last night out we stopped in Llano State Park in Junction, Texas (60 miles or so from our home here in Bandera) and, to our surprise, Ron and Robbie had their Escape 21 there. Ron and Robbie happen to be the couple who showed us their unit about a year ago prior to us buying.
MacMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:26 PM   #387

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnomad View Post
Where did you get to Karen?
I took a (non-trailer) road trip through the backroads of WA, ID, MT, ND, SD, and WY. But given IowaDave's figures, it makes sense I would see nary a one. Now I don't feel so deprived.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 07:01 PM   #388

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
We were camping at East Harbor State Park here in Ohio in the middle of September. Lo and behold in rolls an Escape 19. I was so excited that I trotted half way across the campground to say hi. Turns out to be Linda ,'56reader'. Had a nice chat around the campfire that evening. First sighting since we picked up ours a year ago.

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:47 PM   #389

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
3,040 miles on our return to Texas from Chilliwack in August and zero Escape sitings.
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:13 PM   #390

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
We are on are way home from the Utah loop of parks. We saw a 5.0 TA in Mesa Verde, a 21 in the Arches visitor center parking lot, and a 21 in a BLM campground on the Colorado river just outside of Moab. We had a few Casita owners look at our 19 and they loved it.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:42 PM   #391

Trailer: 2015 19' - "Tramper"
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncley View Post
That was us lancenadine, in the 21 with the white Tundra! We were heading to mission to dump our tanks and are doing last minute prepping for our winter migration to Baja, Mexico! We pull out in 8 days!
Awesome!! It's always so cool to see another Escape on the road and a plus when they know they've been spotted.

We've had a few honk and waves from other Escape owners, we've seen several on our trips this year.
lancenadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 03:38 PM   #392

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
John and Brenda. We saw your unit in Moab a few days ago when we were taking showers at your campground. Wanted to say hi but you weren't around.
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:17 PM   #393

Trailer: Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiman View Post
We were camping at East Harbor State Park here in Ohio in the middle of September. Lo and behold in rolls an Escape 19. I was so excited that I trotted half way across the campground to say hi. Turns out to be Linda ,'56reader'. Had a nice chat around the campfire that evening. First sighting since we picked up ours a year ago.
That was pretty cool!

I figure it wasn't going to be until next year when I head west that I might see another escape! East Harbor is a good state park! Thank to you and your wife for sharing your camp fire. Great to put a face with the names and posts.

Funny how a simple little trailer brings people together!

"Not all those who wander are lost.." JRR Tolkien
56reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:00 PM   #394

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardsale View Post
John and Brenda. We saw your unit in Moab a few days ago when we were taking showers at your campground. Wanted to say hi but you weren't around.
Heading there manana! Hope to see some of Ya'll there. As usual, Devil's Garden campground in Arches is full till next March! We'll scrounge something out- not too worried. Best maps of area come at bike shops as there are a gazillion trails to ride out there. We stayed at Big Bend & Horsethief last Spring, both first come sites.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:01 PM   #395

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (May 2015)
Send a message via Skype™ to HappyCampers
We returned last week from a 10 day trip from the Twin Cities to the Black Hills and back. No positive Escape sightings. Today on the annual trip into northern Wisconsin for our supply of fresh picked cranberries I saw an Escape 21 southbound on highway 51 about 10 minutes north of Woodruff. I think it was a dark colored SUV type TV, was so excited to see an Escape, I didn't pay much attention to what was in front of it. My Mom and Bonus Dad thought I was nuts when I started yelling from my spot in the back seat!
Old 10-08-2015, 11:18 AM   #396

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Just finished a 9,000 mi trip around the US. That was us parked in Moab and at the Arches visitor center. We also ran into paddlin (Bob) in his 5.0TA at Mesa Verde. Got a chance to have a nice visit with them. We also saw 2 21's southbound in Texas plus a 21 eastbound on I84 as we were coming back into Portland. Also saw a 19 coming into the Great Smokies as we were leaving.

PS Rossue - keep checking Devil's Garden for cancellations, we got our spot at the last minute even though when we left, as you said, all slots booked.
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:16 PM   #397

Sightings

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCampers View Post
We returned last week from a 10 day trip from the Twin Cities to the Black Hills and back. No positive Escape sightings. Today on the annual trip into northern Wisconsin for our supply of fresh picked cranberries I saw an Escape 21 southbound on highway 51 about 10 minutes north of Woodruff. I think it was a dark colored SUV type TV, was so excited to see an Escape, I didn't pay much attention to what was in front of it. My Mom and Bonus Dad thought I was nuts when I started yelling from my spot in the back seat!
How refreshing to learn, as I interpret this quote, that a young person was looking out the window while on a trip as opposed to staring at The Screen. Keep up the good work and remember you can see a lot by just looking. Mom and dad, you're doing a good job on this young'n.
Dave
Old 10-08-2015, 01:41 PM   #398

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (May 2015)
Send a message via Skype™ to HappyCampers
Fooled you Iowa Dave, my Bonus Dad was driving, he is 90, Mom was in the front with him, I'm almost 60, but can still excited by seeing an Escape on the road. Thanks for mistaking me for someone much younger, it feels good, kinda like when some places still card you to buy alcohol despite the graying hair. Not all that young, but always young at heart!
Jodi
Old 10-08-2015, 03:51 PM   #399

Well just another screw up for me today. I am also a late
67 and my reasoning and my hair have both gone south. And I don't mean Missouri. One of my remaining life list projects is to set up on a good vantage point for Interstate 80'and make a trailer count for a full day some time. We used to do that on the busy US 30 when I was a kid. Can't decide if I should waste the day or not. Maybe when I get old. Have fun this fall and cook up those cranberries.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:11 PM   #400

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCampers View Post
That would have been us, on our way home from the Mississippi Valley Escape Rally. After we left the rally we went to Indiana Dunes National Lake Shore, the Gerald R Ford Prsedential Museum, Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lake Shore, the Mackinac Straits, Pictured Rocks National Lake Shore, and Porcupine Moutains Wilderness State Park where we spent a very pleasant couple of days with Thoer and Mary ( who is in no way responsible for anything Eric posts).

Had a great time -- enjoyed the rally immensely and got to see lots of pretty and interesting things
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote