Escape sighting? - Page 27 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2016, 07:26 PM   #521

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Or a serial killer.
That's how I feel when out on a trail. When passing someone, I almost always say "Hello" or "Good morning" first but many times don't even get a response. Although hoofing it alone, I must look like the Trailside Slasher.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:37 PM   #522

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
Last Tuesday I saw a 17 (I think) crossing Guide Meridian in Lynden WA at about 1500...
Old 05-17-2016, 07:09 PM   #523

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21--FOR SALE
Quote:
Originally Posted by David H View Post
Hi Catchlight. That was me in site 45 with the 17B, I thought the same thing, I didn't want to intrude on someone's privacy. LOL;I guess we shouldn't be so shy!
David H, you've got a deal: next time we see you camped we'll drop in, and we encourage you to do the same if you spot us. The couple with the 5 TA at Green Point later took the initiative and introduced themselves. The next evening we polished off a bottle of wine around their campfire, and got to see the beautiful mods they've done to their trailer.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:35 PM   #524

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
We were walking down the sidewalk on the narrow streets of Biltmore Village in Asheville and a 17' drives by us. They went around the block and appeared to be looking for a parking space but disappeared after not finding one. I waved and Cheryl laughed and asked if I really thought they knew why I was waving.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpeg  
Old 05-20-2016, 02:39 PM   #525

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B
Escapees:
We enjoyed a 10 day trip to southern UT last week. We spent 3 nights in Kodachrome Basin S.P., 3 in Bryce N.P. and 2 at the Forest Service campground in Red Canyon. We did several good hikes and enjoyed camping in our 17B. On the 8th, while we were checking out the Red Canyon campground (for use later in the trip), we spotted a 19 in one of the sites. No one appeared to be around--we would have enjoyed meeting fellow Escape owners. Anyone traveling in that area around that time?
Dave
Dave & Penny Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 09:39 PM   #526

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Today was a great day for viewing Escape trailers on the road. Just after I crossed the border into Canada I saw a 17 hauled by the ETI red pickup truck (assumed it was theirs as it was definitely overkill for a 17 and it had Canadian plates while the trailer didn't have any), heading to Sumas for delivery. A bit behind it was a Voodoo blue FJ Cruiser. When I got to the factory shortly after that, a new customer told me the guy was from Alabama and was there to pick up his new trailer. Yay for him!

Heading home later that day an Escape pulled off I5 just south of Bellingham - probably heading towards Anacortes. I believe it had red graphics, but I don't know the tow vehicle as there was a ton of traffic I had to concentrate on. Plus, they were in front of me.

Farther south on 5, I saw what I think was a 21' without graphics heading north. I don't know the trailers enough to recognize if it was an actual Escape or another brand. Nor am I 100% on the size unless I see the graphics that tell me what it is.

Saw several Scamps and another unknown fiberglass trailer. Great weather for camping!

And, of course I saw WADS of trailers at the factory, but those don't really count as I knew I'd see 'em there. I'm making several reports on my visit there today, in separate threads.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:38 AM   #527

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave & Penny Smith View Post
Escapees:
We enjoyed a 10 day trip to southern UT last week. We spent 3 nights in Kodachrome Basin S.P., 3 in Bryce N.P. and 2 at the Forest Service campground in Red Canyon. We did several good hikes and enjoyed camping in our 17B. On the 8th, while we were checking out the Red Canyon campground (for use later in the trip), we spotted a 19 in one of the sites. No one appeared to be around--we would have enjoyed meeting fellow Escape owners. Anyone traveling in that area around that time?
Dave
Hello Dave: That would have been us, Mike and Sandra from Laramie, Wyoming. We were in spot 22, one of the best in the campground from our perspective as it was far enough from Hwy 12 that traffic noise was not an issue. In addition, you cannot really see any of the other camp sites from that spot. We are just back from a 3 week trip, 5 nights in Zion, 7 in Bryce, 5 in Capital Reef, and 1 in Arches among other stops along the way. The Red Canyon Forest Service campground on Hwy 12 is a great base for exploring Bryce as it is only 15 minutes from the entrance to the park. There are also some really nice hikes right out of the campground and others just outside of it.
mvassallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 10:20 AM   #528

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B
Mike & Sandra:
Thanks for your reply and we're sorry that we were not able to connect with you. Glad that you had a good trip!! Southern UT has been a fairly frequent destination for us for many years as it''s right in our backyard. We have driven through Red Canyon many times on our way to Bryce, but had never stopped there. We agree with you that it is very pleasant (without the crowds of Bryce) and we certainly enjoyed the hike we did there. Hope to meet you in the future!
Dave
Dave & Penny Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 12:01 PM   #529

Trailer: 5.0 TA - Sept. 2015, 2016 Silverado 2500 Duramax
Our first sighting!

Driving across the country from NH (Left NH April 30th), we saw our first Escape in Oregon on our way up to Osoyoos about 1/2 hour ago.
From Texas! Escape 21 pulled by a maroon GMC pickup."Our Gallavanting Sojourner", We are thinking we'll see them at the rally. I took a photo but my phone won't let me post.
Joe Walsh
Charlie & Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 10:44 PM   #530

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Wallowa Lake, OR

Met Larry & Judy from our hometown area SLO, CA with their 19 today here at Wallowa SP.

Didn't see one Escape last weekend at NK'MP Osoyoos- just lots of stickies. What a difference a week makes, eh?
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 05:42 AM   #531

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Ross, you are doing it backwards, you were supposed to be at Wallowa SP last week and Osoyoos this week....
Old 05-27-2016, 10:25 AM   #532

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Met Larry & Judy from our hometown area SLO, CA with their 19 today here at Wallowa SP.

Didn't see one Escape last weekend at NK'MP Osoyoos- just lots of stickies. What a difference a week makes, eh?
Or inaugural run with our 19 in 2009 stressed with a week start at Wallowa SP. We really enjoyed our stay there, and in fact was just talking to Carl about it today.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 11:32 AM   #533

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21/ 09 2015
On Thursday May 26th saw two 5r's on I-90 in between North Bend and Snoqualmie Pass Wa. The first was brand new with a temporary license in the window pulled by a dark red Ford heading east. The second was near the top of the pass heading west. Pulled by a silver/gray Dodge? Both heading towards some fun I'm sure. Both sighted within an hour of each other.
luckyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 12:39 PM   #534

We saw a 21 heading north on 97 in WA with a white suv pulling it. Didn't see it until we were almost by it. Then we just saw a 19 a little while ago on 97 also it was heading north in OR (we are heading south) where they are doing roadwork.
Wow 2 Escape sightings in 2 days!
Joe Walsh
Old 06-01-2016, 04:27 PM   #535

Another sighting!!

We are headed south on i5 in CAli and we saw another 5.0TA on the northbound side stopped in a rest area near MM 724, south of Weed.
3 Escapes in 3 days!!!! Woot woot!!!
Old 06-03-2016, 01:22 PM   #536

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Escape 5.0 TA sighting in Eagle Idaho

Pulling out of Albertson's parking lot. Towed by a Diesel truck.

My first sighting of an Escape 5th wheel in the wild.
Mountain_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:47 AM   #537

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
Saw an Escape classic 5.0 towed by a white Silverado in Writing-on-Stone PP in Alberta early this week.
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:43 PM   #538

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
Saw our first Escape since leaving the rally - a 21 westbound on the Transcanada between Gull Lk. and Maple Creek.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:22 PM   #539

Trailer: 21, June 8, 2016, "The Final Frontier"
19 from Tofino

on 6/6, a 19' with green graphics pulled by some type of white pickup. Went by so fast and we were so surprised we didn't notice more. We had been 6 days on the road and wondered when we'd see the first Escape. This was on Vancouver Island as we headed north to Tofino out of Nanaimo. It was headed south.
Mary Strasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 08:46 PM   #540

Trailer: 19 ft. Feb 21 2017
An Escape parked in Philipsburg MT, one in Craters of the Moon campground June 2 and one on I-5 driving southbound north of Seattle June 5. and a whole bunch in the the Escape yard June 6
flatlandreader is offline   Reply With Quote