Escape sighting? - Page 34 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2016, 01:28 PM   #661

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B
Tford:
That was most likely us. We were returning to Salt Lake from a trip to the Beartooths and spent a couple of nights at Sinks Canyon State Park. Good campground (no hook-ups) and a very interesting geologic formation--the river disappears underground and emerges one quarter mile down canyon. Apparently, significantly more water comes out than goes in. We had a good trip although there were several forest fires in northern WY. While at Beartooth Lake, two trees were blown down--one hitting a camper and the other destroying the bumper of a truck. Two people were in the other end of the camper when the tree hit but fortunately were not hurt--although their camper suffered significant damage.
We've had our 17B for a year now and love it! The trailer (and retirement) have enabled us to spend 68 nights in it and we've towed it 6,718 miles. Love it!
Dave
Dave & Penny Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:32 PM   #662

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
What an interesting place, Sinks Canyon SP seems to be, may have to see it in person one day. We spent 3 days one night in Jackson, hitailed it out and went up thru Dubois and Thermopolis to Greybull on the way back to Sturgis. This place would have been a nicer place to camp compared to Jackson.
Old 08-15-2016, 02:44 PM   #663

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Wyoming

A few years back we camped north of Dubois at a USFS camp called Horse
creek. Very nice camp, good trout fishing,
The Bighorn Sheep museum in Dubois was very interesting to me. Take your bear spray in that country, they are bigger than you. I'd like to get back there in the early fall some time. They say you can hear them sheep cracking heads up in the hills when you walk down Main Street in Dubois!
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 03:21 PM   #664

Trailer: 2014 5.0TA "The HAB"
Cool deal! We were camped for 2 nights at Sleeping Bear RV in Lander. Sinks Canyon WAS pretty cool, saw the sink and the rise as well as hiking to the Popo Agie falls, which were pretty impressive. The crazy huge monster trout in the rise pool were borderline scary....We're on the '14 5.0 TA shakedown tour after buying it in May, dragged her over Teton Pass this AM, TA was fine, truck and driver complained a bit! Hanging out in Victor ID for a couple of days of touring about. If anyone is ever in Lander WY, try the Cowfish restaurant and brewery, amazing food and better beer. Had the Rock Chock Rye and the IPA!
Tford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 09:49 PM   #665

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Josie and I spotted a 21' classic Escape going through Lee Vining ,CA. at 4:30 this afternoon. The Escape and tug both had orange striping. We were in a parking lot waiting to pullout and waving like crazy as it went by.

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:31 PM   #666

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Josie and I passed a 21' classic dark pulled by a dark colored pickup or suv around 10:30 this morning. We were heading north out of Lee Vining as they were heading in.

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 10:24 PM   #667

Trailer: Escape 21', "Cardinals' Nest"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
Heading west on I80, just outside of Carlin, Nevada, and spotted a 19' or 21', sporting a red Cardinal graphic on the front, heading east. About ten minutes later, we believe we saw another 19' or 21' Escape heading east as well.
That was us in "Cardinal's Nest", just starting our trip to Minnesota and Wisconsin. We'd overnighted at the Flying J in Winnemucca the night before – a lousy idea as it was way too close to the traffic noise from I-80. On our return, we tried the Walmart there, which was significantly quieter. It was far enough away from I-80 to avoid most of the I-80 noise, but there was traffic from RVs and big rigs most of the night. [We didn't check the Forum while traveling, as the WiFi at McDonalds, Burger King, and occasional campgrounds was so slow that we could barely do necessary tasks, like banking & checking for our next stop, and we had to up our cellular data allowance for our phones. ]

From subsequent posts, it sounds like we could have had a mini-rally in Winnemucca if we had stayed there on 7/10/16. Glad you found a good mechanic for your broken axle.

On our return, 8/11/16, we were stopped at a rest stop on I-80 in Nevada, when a 17' Scamp pulled up beside us. The driver leaped out yelling to Kathy, "I'm in love." Turned out he meant our 21' Escape, "Cardinal's Nest", not Kathy; so we were able to have a friendly conversation, and a quick tour. I think he was even more in love with Escape when he left.

The contact information cards from Escape have been going fast. In many campgrounds, someone has recognized that Escape trailers appear to be high quality, and want to learn more about them.

Art
Art M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 11:36 PM   #668

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
19 footer heading south on 405 in the Renton WA area around 11:15AM on Saturday, August 20th. Pulled by a black Toyota Tundra (or Tacoma?) TRD. I was slowing down in traffic so only got a quick glance at it and don't remember the color of the decals. Vague memory of some stuff (like a kayak or bikes or ??) in the bed of the truck.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 11:37 PM   #669

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
So, who reads this thread?

When you take your trailer out on the road, do you check this thread to see if anyone spotted you on the road and posted about it here? I've always wondered about that as it seems like very few sightings have a follow up post from the owner saying "that was me". Some do, but not that many, percentage-wise, it seems.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 11:43 PM   #670

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I've never understood the point of posting sightings. I see my trailer in my driveway every morning, but I don't post.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:56 AM   #671
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I read this thread not because I expect someone to see Ten Forward or that I may see others, but to read where other Escape trailers are going around the country.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:23 PM   #672

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
My goal is to never be sighted. So far in 11+ years and 5 molded FG trailers no one has ever spotted me.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:27 PM   #673

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
I'm new, but I find it exciting to see and be seen by other Escape owners. Two parties, total strangers, usually headed in different directions, but with a common thread.... .

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:19 PM   #674

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I've never understood the point of posting sightings. I see my trailer in my driveway every morning, but I don't post.
and yet you read and post on this topic.
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:27 PM   #675

I read everything. Habit from moderation.
Old 08-22-2016, 01:47 PM   #676

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
I read everything. Habit from moderation.
So, you're a moderate then?
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 02:16 PM   #677

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
The coolest thing? Our first trip with the Casita, to Alaska, we were traveling west toward White Horse. Spotted another Casita coming east. He pulled over as soon as he saw me and I stopped and we had a nice 15 minute visit. Two lane road and I think maybe three vehicles went by in that time. Too bad it was before Gina started this thread over on the FGRV Forum.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:44 PM   #678

Wife just got home and announced a sighting. The Trillium that was in the driveway of a house two blocks from ours, has been replaced with an Escape. Not-so-big Al and his 5.0 live across the street.
There. I posted a sighting.
Old 08-22-2016, 02:49 PM   #679
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Wife just got home and announced a sighting. The Trillium that was in the driveway of a house two blocks from ours, has been replaced with an Escape. Not-so-big Al and his 5.0 live across the street.
There. I posted a sighting.
And don't you feel better for it? [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2016, 09:04 PM   #680

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
We kept spotting a 19 with red decals, first at our house, then at our local park last Thursday, then back at our house, then it followed us to St. Malo and parked beside us until Sunday. Oh, that was Iowa Dave and Rita came up for the the MB rally

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote